Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Take this cunt off the team asap, is like playing with 10 man, he doesn't give a fuck.
In Kane's defense, Son looked like he didn't give a fck in the second half either. Both shocking performances in the second half.

We looked good in the first half when Son was actually running around, making runs and looking to attack but something happened where he just looked like he couldn't be bothered. Maybe fitness or injury.

Great player. Should have sold him. We're not good enough to have a striker that can't run, press, contest headers. Should have negotiated with City and made a silly offer for Vlahovic.

The damage is done. We've got a player that doesn't want to be here that's not giving 100%. To think some thought our best but of business was keeping him. Spends more time closer to our penalty box than the opposition's now.

In Kane's defense, Son looked like he didn't give a fck in the second half either. Both shocking performances in the second half.

We looked good in the first half when Son was actually running around, making runs and looking to attack but something happened where he just looked like he couldn't be bothered. Maybe fitness or injury.
Son was an injury doubt for this game, so maybe wasn’t 100%.

Think Ndombele coming off made a significant difference actually. Him and Son combo has potential, if Tanguy tries.

Today was the first time I questioned his attitude, I've given him the benefit in the other games because he's had no support alongside him and a very small pre-season.

But today he didn't look like he gave a solitary fuck. If he's going to carry on like that just sell in January.

Perhaps that's his plan

People say we would have sold him but why sell him for cheap, if we let him go for £100m that would have been ridiculous IMO

We've got ourselves in a right state now because we haven't brought a back up striker so we need to keep playing him and hope that he gets out of his funk.

The damage is done. We've got a player that doesn't want to be here that's not giving 100%. To think some thought our best but of business was keeping him. Spends more time closer to our penalty box than the opposition's now.
If the manager has no plan for the attack then those players will wander around aimlessly.

Playing a system with 1 striker, he needs to play as a striker. There is too much dropping deep and we have nobody else up front.

We're very easy to defend against now.

As good as he is at his best, and let's not forget all the wonderful passes and assists he's done in a Spurs shirt since he evolved as a player. It's now got to the stage where we have to tell him to just stay inside the fucking box and go back to being a poacher. One thing he'll never lose is his finishing, which is generally top notch. I don't want to see him 40-50 yards away from the goal trying to thread balls through to the likes of Bergwijn and Lucas fucking Moura.

Feels like Eriksen redux: we hang on too long, he gets slower and more disinterested, and every game becomes a vanishing act where you can almost watch his value drop.
I said this would happen but some fans wouldn't listen. Levy should have sold for a decent price and move on rather than hold on at all costs!!!

As good as he is at his best, and let's not forget all the wonderful passes and assists he's done in a Spurs shirt since he evolved as a player. It's now got to the stage where we have to tell him to just stay inside the fucking box and go back to being a poacher. One thing he'll never lose is his finishing, which is generally top notch. I don't want to see him 40-50 yards away from the goal trying to thread balls through to the likes of Bergwijn and Lucas fucking Moura.

The issue is you're then relying on players like Bergwijn or Moura actually providing service to him. Because our midfielders don't seem to do it, nor do the fullbacks ala Liverpool. We just don't have players who can consistently get the ball in dangerous areas. I think a Kane playing in this manner would have a few more games like Palace where he simply has no influence whatsoever.

Sadly we could play him in 10 different roles and the issue would remain the same, the personnel around him.

The issue is you're then relying on players like Bergwijn or Moura actually providing service to him. Because our midfielders don't seem to do it, nor do the fullbacks ala Liverpool. We just don't have players who can consistently get the ball in dangerous areas. I think a Kane playing in this manner would have a few more games like Palace where he simply has no influence whatsoever.

Sadly we could play him in 10 different roles and the issue would remain the same, the personnel around him.

Exactly. Put Harry in the Chelsea side and he would soon look like a world beater again. Or any top side that actually creates chances for that matter.

We create next to nothing, game after game after game, against the better sides.

Back
Top Bottom