Tottenham Hotspur vs Chelsea. 4.30 Sunday 19th September. EPL

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Overall ratings, in my opinion - (just for shits and giggles)

Lloris 6 - Not at fault for any of the goals. Feel sorry for the bloke.

Royal 6 - Not bad but far from great. Too early to judge but can't see him being an upgrade on Aurier. Being better than Doherty is the easiest accomplishment in humanity.

Dier 5 - Thought had had a decent first half but then was all over the place. Lucky to still be at the club.

Romero 6 - Average at best. Probably wonders what he's got himself into.

Reguilon 5 - Can run all day but his quality leaves a lot to be desired. Has been average for a while now.

Hogbjerg 6 - Played well first half. Much less so in the second. Far from our biggest problem.

Lo Celso 4 - Crap. Over-rated player that doesn't get half the stick he deserves at times. Only thing I remember from him is a shot that went out for a throw. Fucktard.

Ndombele 6 - Very good first 25 minutes, then went AWOL as usual like Van fucking Damme. Still a fatty bum-bum.

Alli 4 - Offered absolutely nothing. No creativity. No goal threat. This was Alli's Brother from another Mother, the one that probably prefers dogging to football.

Son 5 - Poor. Awful touch wasted our best chance. Plenty of effort but no quality today. Deserves better than this team but today he was crap.

Kane 5 - No service whatsoever again but clearly looks half arsed. He's given up. He needs to go, for our sake and his.

Can't be arsed rate the subs as none of them made any positive difference.
Very generous to Kane. He didn't affect the game at all.

State of this Spurs this season:

19th - shots/gm
18th - shots allowed/gm
17th - goals
19th- xG 15th - possession
20th - successful pressures
19th - % tackles won
18th- % successful take-ons
19th - progressive carries
20th - progressive carry distance
15th - % aerial duels won

"we will make you proud"

E5J0PsbWEAg9QOZ_1200x768.jpeg

19th - shots/gm
18th - shots allowed/gm
17th - goals
19th - % tackles won

"we will make you proud"

Peak DNA.

19th - shots/gm
18th - shots allowed/gm
17th - goals
19th - % tackles won

"we will make you proud"

Sooner we sack this cunt the better

Our only goal threats today were from an injured winger playing striker and a striker playing in the number 8 role. We're so easy to play against it's untrue. Every team has the same team talk. Focus on kane and son and keep them quiet then attack our full backs as that's their weak spot. Sometimes kane and son will pull something out the bag but we literally have zero other goal threat. It's fucking tragic even when Leeds went down to 10 men vs liverpool and lost they had more shots in the last 20 minutes with 10 than we did all this second half with 11. The attacking has been fucking pathetic for 3 seasons now. No plan no pattern of play just directionless hope for the best from kane or son shit. Fucking super league and and champions league/top 4 prices for this shit.

We are a shambles Top to bottom, with that Bald Twat taking most of the blame.

I cried, when I heard we hired this Manager after the rubbish levy lies about attacking football to be played, its in our DNA 😭😭.

Dele
Moura
Winks
Lo celso
Skipp
Doherty
Davies
Dier
Simply are not good enough, which other top 6 team would take them?

It actually hurts watching the same shower of shit, for 3 season in a row now.

Thought we were okay until the second half. While the stadium was half empty, they managed to get 2. The players and fans didn't turn up for the second half; people would much rather grab a shit pizza or drink themselves silly then support the team. Then there was the inevitable collapse...all too common in recent years.

Embarrassing. First time I have ever booed at the end. I didn't feel like the players were giving it their all. The fans certainly weren't anyway.
It’s hard where we are to hear a lot other than the away fans, but it did seem to be quiet at times today.

Does not matter who I seem to chat to about Spurs at the moment. Optimism, expectation and “buy in” for more Levy nonsense is completely missing. I think that’s why fans are not singing up or bothering much with what’s going on. Good will and faith has gone.

Which forward player for us did? They were all poor today. But over the last few games the service into Kane has been absolutely shocking.
How is this different from last season? He took control of those games and scored and assisted. This season not so much.

It’s hard where we are to hear a lot other than the away fans, but it did seem to be quiet at times today.

Does not matter who I seem to chat to about Spurs at the moment. Optimism, expectation and “buy in” for more Levy nonsense is completely missing. I think that’s why fans are not singing up or bothering much with what’s going on. Good will and faith has gone.

TV perspective:

Sounded good (not great) in the first half in terms of cheers and rallying, but pretty non existent in the second.

Singing has virtually died a death... Though that's been a growing problem since AVB started boring us all to death.

How is this different from last season? He took control of those games and scored and assisted. This season not so much.

Well he's clearly struggling for motivation right now. But he's also had plenty of other seasons where he was far from great and didn't score for 4, 5 or 6 games to begin with. I don't think we'll ever see the player he was previously in a Spurs shirt again. But I don't believe for a moment that he wouldn't still score goals given the service. He (and Son) are getting next to none currently.

Just wanted to make an observation regarding Kane.

He's getting a lot of criticism here for not being bothered. But actually I thought he did look bothered today. He tried to affect the game.

But one think not a single person has mentioned today is where Nuno played him.

Harry played essentially left wing today.

The team selection was decent but Nuno totally fucked up the positions.

We played this :

Lloris
Emerson Romero Dier Reguilon
Ndombele Hojbjerg Dele
GLC Son Kane

When we should have played this to give us better balance :

Lloris
Emerson Romero Dier Reguilon
Ndombele Hojbjerg GLC
Dele Kane Son

To be honest you could swap Dele and Ndombele in the above. But to play GLC as RW and Kane as LW with Son at CF. That was just totally the wrong balance.
In the second half Kane went to CF briefly and immediately had our only shot on target that half. We handicapped ourselves after Ndombele and GLC went off and Kane tried to play their role deeper in midfield but this is the issue we have with him, he's trying to do other roles instead of what we need him to do which is be the CF in the box. But due to our deficiency in the squad once you take Ndombele off there is no one who can replace him.

There's a case of just saying. Ndombele and GLC just swap for each other as a premeditated sub every game. At least we have some presence in possession then. But tbh GLC was shite today too.so not sure how much that'll help. But he did play RW which he can't.

Same as Son can't really play CF. His best position is LW. We are playing square pegs in round holes again

We did just sign the Serie A defender of the year.

But we never sign a full compliment or actually improve the whole team. Pointless signing the Serie A defender of the year if you don’t bother signing a creative midfielder and a proper striker to replace both Bale and Vinicius. We don’t score goals , so it’s pointless. Piss poor management as per usual from those losers in charge of our club and that bald fraud cunt!!! Not to mention recruiting our 8th choice manager, which is now starting to show after a honeymoon 1st month. Piss poor bang average Spurs team, we are going nowhere.

I'm gonna chose to focus on the first half.

If we can get Dele out of the team and put Lo Celso in his position while pushing Lucas to RW I think we're onto something. We should do well against teams outside the top 4 with that lineup.

It's hard to accept but we are nowhere near top 4 quality. We should be aiming for a consolidating top 6 finish and continue the rebuild next summer.

Get Kessie and Sarr in the mix and a couple of new forwards and we might start to look half decent again.

Back
Top Bottom