Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Last season aside, isn't Harry usually a bit naff for the first few games and then he kicks up a gear? I suppose the problem this time is he needs to go from 2nd to 6th.

Exactly. That’s called negotiation. When Levy basically decide not to even negotiate unless the offer is 150M, it’s his arrogance that has got us into this situation.

I dislike Levy greatly and would pop open a bottle of champagne if he left tomorrow, but I don't think he can be blamed too much.

City played it like utter scumbags. Their early bids were derisory, then they blatantly encouraged Kane to kick up a fuss. The bids of around 100-120m came so late in the window that had we sold, we'd have been scrambling to sign 2-3 players with a week to go, and at that point nobody wants to sell their players and if they will, they're massively going to rinse you.

He's not justifying his place at the moment. Son up top or Lucas until he starts to actually look half fit. He's slow, offering nothing up front, only looks half decent when he has the ball in midfield to try and find a pass.

Absolutely poor form

In this team you'll soon be saying that Son or Lucas look toss up front. Kane isn't playing well, that goes without saying, but any striker in this team will struggle. He hasn't had a genuine chance in a Spurs shirt for what seems like an eternity.

Lucas isn't the answer to any question which isn't 'which player is the best at running in to people'.

You simply can't play a player up front who averages about 4 goals a season. It's not fair to the remaining sanity that our fans possess.

In this team you'll soon be saying that Son or Lucas look toss up front. Kane isn't playing well, that goes without saying, but any striker in this team will struggle. He hasn't had a genuine chance in a Spurs shirt for what seems like an eternity.
A leading striker doesn't sit around go missing for so many games, they grab the game, chase every ball, force a mistake from the defender, draw a foul. He's just a yard or two off and he isn't the quickest at the best of times. Seems completely uninterested.

I said it before when we beat city, should've just got rid it gave the rest of the team confidence they could do it without him. I think the others are probably fed up with him aswell

Guy refused to show up for pre-season cause he was trying to force a move. Show ups only after the move colapse, overweight, without training, walks direct into first eleven. You don't need to be a genius to realize 1) he will be shite 2) he will fuck squad harmony.

Not just that, he's not even trying, he's a totally different player from last season, I remember him last season saving us lots of times in defense and tracking back like a beast to tackle player in our own area. Now he's just jogging on the pitch waiting for the team to do everything for him.

Guy refused to show up for pre-season cause he was trying to force a move. Show ups only after the move colapse, overweight, without training, walks direct into first eleven. You don't need to be a genius to realize 1) he will be shite 2) he will fuck squad harmony.

Not just that, he's not even trying, he's a totally different player from last season, I remember him last season saving us lots of times in defense and tracking back like a beast to tackle player in our own area. Now he's just jogging on the pitch waiting for the team to do everything for him.

Yep good post.

Kane's heart is not in it and yet we didn't have the fcuking sense or wherewithal as a club to buy at least one striker to compensate.

Bloke is a cnut in my opinion but him not playing well or giving his all should see him sidelined as opposed to being given a freedom of movement passport back into the first team.

It is an inescapable fact that City lost out on not buying him and we are losing out by having kept him.

Last season aside, isn't Harry usually a bit naff for the first few games and then he kicks up a gear? I suppose the problem this time is he needs to go from 2nd to 6th.
He will kick it up a notch probably after Xmas and as we get closer to the World Cup as well as transfer window. Right now, he's just ticking over which isn't good enough we need him firing and motivated because we are truly shit without him on his game.

He’s getting slaughtered pretty widely by all the main outlets currently, maybe that’ll give him a kick up the ass.

We do know he loves a goal against Woolwich.

He’s getting slaughtered pretty widely by all the main outlets currently, maybe that’ll give him a kick up the ass.

We do know he loves a goal against Woolwich.
Couple of goals will just paper over the cracks though. We've got to face up to the real issue, we need a rebuild of the squad and if he's not committed to that process, he needs to go elsewhere.

But a winner v the Scum will keep us happy for the short-term.

:kanegoal:

If you watch him, he's physically been on the decline for a while. Hasn't been great for England as well. That's a big reason why I feel that teams didn't even attempt to go after him this summer when Grealish/Lukaku etc got their moves right away.

Couple of goals will just paper over the cracks though. We've got to face up to the real issue, we need a rebuild of the squad and if he's not committed to that process, he needs to go elsewhere.

But a winner v the Scum will keep us happy for the short-term.

:kanegoal:
I’m willing to give him a few more games before passing judgment on his commitment. I think he’s lacking in sharpness and match fitness currently more than anything. No preseason and post-Euros malaise. It’s not like we’re creating anything for him anyway.

If he’s still looking like this in a month I’ll be more concerned.

The best result would have been to sell him for big money this summer and really invest in the rebuild. It’s not the club’s fault that City’s bids were a fucking disgrace.

If you watch him, he's physically been on the decline for a while. Hasn't been great for England as well. That's a big reason why I feel that teams didn't even attempt to go after him this summer when Grealish/Lukaku etc got their moves right away.

So on the decline that he only finished top scorer in the Premier League last season, and also had the most assists. And then he also finished as one of the top scorers in the Euros, despite a slow start.

Seriously, have a word with yourself. I'm gonna have to block you otherwise you're gonna wind up getting me banned again for fucks sake.

So on the decline that he only finished top scorer in the Premier League last season, and also had the most assists. And then he also finished as one of the top scorers in the Euros, despite a slow start.

Seriously, have a word with yourself. I'm gonna have to block you otherwise you're gonna wind up getting me banned again for fucks sake.
Kane is world class

Against Pacos and Hungary

:harrylol:

Last edited:
I’m willing to give him a few more games before passing judgment on his commitment. I think he’s lacking in sharpness and match fitness currently more than anything. No preseason and post-Euros malaise. It’s not like we’re creating anything for him anyway.

If he’s still looking like this in a month I’ll be more concerned.

The best result would have been to sell him for big money this summer and really invest in the rebuild. It’s not the club’s fault that City’s bids were a fucking disgrace.

His cameo against Wolves was decent...... Not seen those qualities from him since.

......The trf window was still open then tho. :(

Back
Top Bottom