Safe Standing

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Chelsea have introduced it, starting next season.
We doing it?
Think Spurs has something like 6000 seats in the south stand with rails and 1500 seats in the away section with rails, although with plans to increase it in the future.
I think Wolves have around 5500 rail seats already installed.
Man City has plans for 5620 rail seats ready for next season too but are also removing 1000 normal seats to fit an LED avertising screen :llorishuh:
Everton's new stadium also has plans for them like ours did.
Old Trafford has 1500.

Wouldn't surprise me if the clubs knew there was going to be trials in the 2021-22 season given that 2 or 3 have announced plans for them to be ready for next season

Chelsea shelve plans for season ticket price hike from 2022 in this article chap. No idea if accurate, it’s the Mail 😂
You haven't read that article properly.

Rail seating will also be set up in the Matthew Harding Lower and The Shed End in time for the start of next season, and while that is expected to reduce the club's stadium capacity by more than 500, it would allow for a future introduction of safe standing.

Will this move increase capacity?

A sparse terrace is an odd move
Nope, you still have a seat each. You just don't use it. What this does, is stops people behind you having any reason to moan that you are standing up. Happened to me on Sunday. We were the last row of 16 standing and the bloke behind me expected me to be able to get all other 15 rows in front of me to sit down.

I find standing inherently improves atmosphere. And it also means you don't have to be continually doing the whores drawers routine for all the people who can't go 45 minutes without needing the toilet/a pint/pie etc.

Last edited:
Sounds like only Man U and Wolves will apply.

Apparently one of the government criteria is that there has to be safe standing provision in the away end too. I don’t think we do. Do we?

Back
Top Bottom