Pick 3;

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I used to be a big fan of Ruben Neves but he seems to have stagnated a bit for Wolves. He's a quality player on his day though. But I'd still take Rice over him.

Sterling is effective and his England record over the last couple of years is impressive whatever you think about him as a player. Plus he offers sheer pace. It's hard to leave him out of any England side really despite what he's doing or not doing for City.
This is true, he looked very confident when playing for England, popping up in good positions to score simple goals. However, he has looked dreadful for City. Even for England he runs into blind alleys too often.

As well as Phillips has done in an England shirt, it surely won't be long before Bellingham is in the side whenever fit. Foden will end up as a central player too. So you could have a midfield three of Rice, Bellingham and Foden which has pretty much everything.
Bellingham is a great shout, he has not just performed in bundelisga, but has also been exception for Dortmund in the Champions League. Was MOTM in their last CL game, away at Besiktas (tough hostile fixture).

This would be my England first XI atm:

Pickford
Trent Maguire Stones Shaw
Bellingham Rice Foden
Greenwood Kane Grealish

This is true, he looked very confident when playing for England, popping up in good positions to score simple goals. However, he has looked dreadful for City. Even for England he runs into blind alleys too often.

Bellingham is a great shout, he has not just performed in bundelisga, but has also been exception for Dortmund in the Champions League. Was MOTM in their last CL game, away at Besiktas (tough hostile fixture).

This would be my England first XI atm:

Pickford
Trent Maguire Stones Shaw
Bellingham Rice Foden
Greenwood Kane Grealish

Looks good to me. Feel that team would have beaten Italy in the final with a manager not afraid to play such an attacking side. I do think Tomori will challenge for a spot sooner or later. He's been really good for Milan and Italy is the place to be if you're a defender. And James Justin if he can get back to his form prior to injury will certainly be in the mix.

Not sure why you think that of Robertson, unless you simply hate him because he plays for the Scouse or because he's Scottish. He has an edge to him, but so does Digne.

I think he's petulant and at times nasty..... Beyond an "edge" imo.

Nothing to do with who he plays for or where he's from.

I think most of the players I would choose have been named but surprised to see no one mentioned Ricardo Periera. Jury is still out on Emerson but should have got him over Aurier back in the day. Consistent performer for Leicester and would be a great addition to the starting 11

I think most of the players I would choose have been named but surprised to see no one mentioned Ricardo Periera. Jury is still out on Emerson but should have got him over Aurier back in the day. Consistent performer for Leicester and would be a great addition to the starting 11

Was excellent in his first season for Leicester but then picked up a nasty injury and hasn't quite look the same since.

I like Periera but I think that Tanganga is adequate as a RB and Emerson is something so we are stronger at RB than we are at other areas.

Also as Tyler mentions his injury history and recovery is a concern as well, but I do think he is an upgrade at RB if we had unlimited players to bring in.

Leicester have a number of players I would take. Fofana, Justin, Pereira, Ndidi, Tielemans, Maddison, Barnes, Vardy... Only thing that stops me also adding Evans to that list is his age, but he's still a good defender.

Back
Top Bottom