Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The effort was there, plenty of running, but no quality. In a game like this adrenaline generally takes over anyway.
The second half the effort wasn't there. His legs were gone. There was a play where he just watched the ball drift past him hoping GLC would go get it. He clearly wasn't fit. Should have been taken off at half.

Overall, looked much more threatening than Kane playing at any point this season.

The second half the effort wasn't there. His legs were gone. There was a play where he just watched the ball drift past him hoping GLC would go get it. He clearly wasn't fit. Should have been taken off at half.

Overall, looked much more threatening than Kane playing at any point this season.

Christ. You're obsessed with Kane. You gonna compare the Queen to him next?

Son being rubbish yesterday isn't any better because Harry was as bad or worse.

When you have 4 wingers on the shelf all at once it's harsh to suggest it's a matter of poor depth.

Liverpool (eg) only have 3 wingers on their books; we have 5.
We could have 50 wingers on the books if they are the level of Bergwijn, Lucas, Clarke it will make fuck all difference because Son is levels above them so even half fit he'll get forced out there.

Depth is about quality not just quantity.

How Salah and Mane never seem to get injured is another story, LFC must be doing something right or are just incredibly lucky to have them fit for nearly every game year after year.

We could have 50 wingers on the books if they are the level of Bergwijn, Lucas, Clarke it will make fuck all difference because Son is levels above them so even half fit he'll get forced out there.

Depth is about quality not just quantity.

Yes there are 2 aspects to depth, BUT:

Having Son play when perhaps not fully fit was a matter or numbers..... Not whether or not a backup was a lesser option.

Quality would have been the issue iif we'd chosen a half fit son ahead of a fit Lucas etc.

That was not the case.

(Fwiw; I hadn't even counted Clarke.)

How Salah and Mane never seem to get injured is another story, LFC must be doing something right or are just incredibly lucky to have them fit for nearly every game year after year.

Son & Lucas are similarly rarely absent.

The point is you can only have so many wingers on your books....... No matter how good they are.

Bad luck.....

cannot understand why we are knocking the ball to Son (and Kane ) at head height both don't like being bished & bashed about in heading challenges
they need feet balls or balls though the gaps, but that means you need a Creative player who can see the pass and that is something we don't have

cannot understand why we are knocking the ball to Son (and Kane ) at head height both don't like being bished & bashed about in heading challenges
they need feet balls or balls though the gaps, but that means you need a Creative player who can see the pass and that is something we don't have

You just answered your own question.

Because we dont have that creative player..

Too cruel of history for me to want to joke about. Seems insensitive and tasteless.

The comms on the American stream I was watching made the same wise-crack.... I was like WDF???

It was one of Andy Townend or Clive Tyldesley.... Can't recall which.

Because we dont have that creative player..
I'm still hopeful that Ndombele can be that creative player. If we play him behind the main striker instead of leaving him as a defensive liability in midfield, we might get somewhere.

Hojbjerg and Skipp should be given two very simple tasks 1) win the ball and 2) get the ball to one of the front four. That's as creative as they need to be. They don't have to be Danny Blanchflower to gain control of the midfield (although I think Skipp will have a trick or two up his sleeve when he gets older).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom