Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
I think you are over exagerating the need for squad recycling the problem we have is that we ran a small group of players into the ground and we have not replaced any players that we have sold or have got too old. Look at Liverpool they still play a pressing style with an ageing team .

Leeds probably play this football the most and they have a sub 25 year old squad.
Liverpool have adapted it to some degree to utilise some of the older players.
I can't see who in our squad could work hard for 90 minutes as well as be good. IE, some of the kids probably could spend 90 minutes chasing everything, but are they good enough to play 90 minutes?
The good ones will burn out after 60. Sons been doing that since he arrived at Spurs

Leeds probably play this football the most and they have a sub 25 year old squad.
Liverpool have adapted it to some degree to utilise some of the older players.
I can't see who in our squad could work hard for 90 minutes as well as be good. IE, some of the kids probably could spend 90 minutes chasing everything, but are they good enough to play 90 minutes?
The good ones will burn out after 60. Sons been doing that since he arrived at Spurs
I did not say you were wrong but I think the problem is the lack of quality in the squad. The fact is there is no balance in the squad and it seems to have been built by a complete moron and this includes Paratici’s signings. We signed a centre back who only has experience playing in a back three. Ndombele is not the player he should be for 60m. We still have not replaced Walker, Alderweirald, Verts, Eriksen, Dembele, Trippier and even Rose. The fact is Levy and Hitchen have been awful at squad building and to some extent Poch because I have no clue how involved in transfers he was.

Spurs need a fresh start we need Levy to look for his successor because the Levy and the Tavistock group have put a ridiculous valuation on Spurs. Then we can start rebuilding trust with the staff, the fans, the players and finally find a decent manager.

TBF, they're an even bigger mess than we are, and with higher expectations .

Suicide taking that gig now.
He is my vote with zero doubt . Has been since Poch imploded. He can play multiple styles all with an attacking ethos. I've seen him out smart coaches with tactical adjustments in game. He seems to elicit loyalty has charisma but can be tough big presence for a man of modest stature. Give him young hungry players and a few old heads. Onana, Kessie, Gil, Damsgaurd, Sarr ,Sule, Ginter, Romero, Son, Sarr, Vlahovic Loris, Skipp, N'dombele Tanganga

A starting eleven from this under Gallardo. We would be back mixing at top end of the table. I'm sending this wish up to the sporting Gods, and hoping that Lewis gets infected with that bacteria in cat poo that makes onr abandon their fears and start acting rashly ££££££€€€

Xavi is being advised to stay away from Barca as well.

Would he be worth bringing in? He's got some management experience now as well.

Xavi is being advised to stay away from Barca as well.

Would he be worth bringing in? He's got some management experience now as well.

Kinda like with Gerrard though, we'd always be the bridsemaid until Barca came calling in a better state.

If we could get Gallardo, he doesn't have that same affinity with another european club.

He did play for Monaco and PSG but mostly in South America.

you'd hope as well, in the position we're in we could offer him both good money to do the job and also to spend on players.

Season ends in November

Tic Tac Waiting GIF by Alguna Pregunta Més?

Kinda like with Gerrard though, we'd always be the bridsemaid until Barca came calling in a better state.

If we could get Gallardo, he doesn't have that same affinity with another european club.

He did play for Monaco and PSG but mostly in South America.

you'd hope as well, in the position we're in we could offer him both good money to do the job and also to spend on players.
Gallardo would be a really good get. A bit of a gamble since he has never managed in Europe before but definitely one worth testing.

Xavi is as well but we tend to do well with Argentines.

God I'm happy to see this been on this hire for a few years. Its become a real obsession. Don't tend to have then but when I do get the vibe its the right hire it really knaws....my last one was replace Eriksen with Bruno Fernades...we got Gedson
If we could pull it off the question is if the fanbase could handle Nuno lasting through November at least.

We don't need to be worried about Xavi or Gerrard moving on when the current coach has become unemployable after 6 games.

Id' take Gerrard coming in and proving his value for 2 years as it would be 2 better years than we currently have lined up;

Back
Top Bottom