Nuno Espírito Santo

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nuno

• Total voters
Can't lie... it's good to see him smiling 'n happy.

Still not a good enough manager, but as long as he's here he needs to knock off the stinky attitude.

Good start, right there.
Wrong man for the job IMO. Today doesn’t change that. But if he’s giving it 100% & can get half a tune out of the players he’s got, it won’t be the abomination of a season I thought it was going to be after last Sunday’s abysmal offering.

Wrong man for the job IMO. Today doesn’t change that. But if he’s giving it 100% & can get half a tune out of the players he’s got, it won’t be the abomination of a season I thought it was going to be after last Sunday’s abysmal offering.
Thing is, he's the kind of manager that needs the 1st 11 fit all the time, and that's just not gonna happen.

He's just not got the tactical goods, or managerial chops, to wring out results when we're missing key players.

Only Levy could build a gourmet stadium and then serve up a meat 'n potatoes manager.

Thing is, he's the kind of manager that needs the 1st 11 fit all the time, and that's just not gonna happen.

He's just not got the tactical goods, or managerial chops, to wring out results when we're missing key players.

Only Levy could build a gourmet stadium and then serve up a meat 'n potatoes manager.
Nothing wrong with meat n potatoes bud.

The stadium point has me scratching my head though. I get that it’s multi use and will make a shit stack of money all over the place with different events, but it’s meat n potatoes is THFC. If all it did was host events, it would lose a load of money. It needs a great football team bringing in the fans every week or two (sometimes more if we’re filling it up for top European games rather than 3rd tier competition).
If the fans stop going, they’re fucked

Nothing wrong with meat n potatoes bud.

The stadium point has me scratching my head though. I get that it’s multi use and will make a shit stack of money all over the place with different events, but it’s meat n potatoes is THFC. If all it did was host events, it would lose a load of money. It needs a great football team bringing in the fans every week or two (sometimes more if we’re filling it up for top European games rather than 3rd tier competition).
If the fans stop going, they’re fucked

Fingers crossed this'll be the first full season with fans inside; it'll start to pay off trf kitty-wise sooner or later.

Fingers crossed this'll be the first full season with fans inside; it'll start to pay off trf kitty-wise sooner or later.
I think the next summer window will reveal all. All plans went to shit due to Covid. A full season of stadium revenue and there really aren’t any excuses for not going balls deep in positions we need to.

I think the next summer window will reveal all. All plans went to shit due to Covid. A full season of stadium revenue and there really aren’t any excuses for not going balls deep in positions we need to.

It certainly will be revealing...... I can't help thinking we had a little more to spend than we laid-out this past summer, but kept out powder dry because we couldn't fill the positions we wanted to (ST and possibly another CB).

It certainly will be revealing...... I can't help thinking we had a little more to spend than we laid-out this past summer, but kept out powder dry because we couldn't fill the positions we wanted to (ST and possibly another CB).
I’m guessing you will be as furious as ms if we don’t go balls deep next summer? THFC are out of excuses if we don’t spend big and wisely after a year of uninterrupted revenue. My worry is that whilst I will ride this season with a smile on my face, we sack NoNo and reboot for the umpteenth time. We cannot keep being the transition club unless that’s exactly what the owners want us to be

I’m guessing you will be as furious as ms if we don’t go balls deep next summer? THFC are out of excuses if we don’t spend big after a year of uninterrupted revenue.

I always said I wanted to see a marked upswing within 2 summers of the stadium opening.

Covid being a curveball, I guess that leaves me at 18 months come January. However, it ought to be recognised that we need to do a lot this coming summer, so yes I want to see significant intent this summer; most likely a bit more spent (net) and a willingness to take a hit on a few otherwise hard to shift players (which to be fair we did do to a degree this past summer).

Last time I pondered the stadium income I figured it should mean roughly an extra 35-40m in the pot p/a..... Add to that a proper annual budget as a base figure and some sales and we ought to be able to get busy.

My worry is that whilst I will ride this season with a smile on my face, we sack NoNo and reboot for the umpteenth time. We cannot keep being the transition club unless that’s exactly what the owners want us to be

A synergy between DOF and recruitment vision is paramount for us and that absolutely includes the gaffa... The upshot of which ought to mean that, should a manager get the bullet, we won't need to revamp the squad every time a new one is hired.

I always said I wanted to see a marked upswing within 2 summers of the stadium opening.

Covid being a curveball, I guess that leaves me at 18 months come January. However, it ought to be recognised that we need to do a lot this coming summer, so yes I want to see significant intent this summer; most likely a bit more spent (net) and a willingness to take a hit on a few otherwise hard to shift players (which to be fair we did do to a degree this past summer).

Last time I pondered the stadium income I figured it should mean roughly an extra 35-40m in the pot p/a..... Add to that a proper annual budget as a base figure and some sales and we ought to be able to get busy.

A synergy between DOF and recruitment vision is paramount for us and that absolutely includes the gaffa... The upshot of which ought to mean that, should a manager get the bullet, we won't need to revamp the squad every time a new one is hired.
Don’t disagree. But if we keep shunting the blame onto countless managers then a point in time must come when we have to consider that the manager(s) may not be the problem?

Anyone saying he's a poor manager is talking rot. He's not, he's far from it. But he's not suited to us, just as Jose wasn't. His style of football is based on a possession game (we don't have a Moutinho or a Neves as Wolves did under him) which can be pretty tedious viewing at times. He's not a Klopp or even a Potter, someone that wants his team to play at 100mph as much as possible.

Pretty much confirms what we suspected. He's basically keeping the seat warm until next summer. Think he'd really have to exceed expectations to be our manager next season, maybe top 5 or a domestic cup. Not sure a 6th place would save him but guess it depends on the quality of football and who we think we can get next summer.
He'd have to unlock some fantastic football to not be let go if he finishes outside of the top 6. But I think that everyone more or less expected this.

And Nuno gets a year with Spurs on his CV so he isn't complaining that much most likely.

Back
Top Bottom