Are the morals of our owners important to you?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I have no problem with Arab people. Just using the term Arab opens up for some iffy interpretations here. If some independent Arab businessman wanted to buy out ENIC I'd say go for it. But always no to the blood regimes. I would bail if Spurs were bought up by one of the blood regimes and became a sports washing instrument.

Justifying it by "but we will get trophies" is a weak argument. It wouldn't be us as fans winning them to begin with.

We need to sort out our vision. The decision making on the football side has not been good enough, we could have been Liverpool or close to Liverpool and we let it go. Make no mistake Newcastle over the next few years will make things even worse, 3 clubs with massive squads fuelled by oil.

And I guarantee when Liverpool lose Klopp, they won't suddenly switch to an entirely different style of play. They'll appoint somebody else of a similar profile and keep the identity and structure the same at the club .. consistency is key.

City's plan for Guardiola's arrival was years in the making.

No need for super wealthy Arabs or any super wealthy owner pumping in silly money….We just need rid of the two balloons we have, the new stadium proves they haven’t a clue how the world works, and in particular how football works….

How we get that to happen is the million dollar question…..The only way I see is to make them so loathed they walk away….

Sadly we are stuck with these bin lids as there will never be enough loathing towards them and they know it, which is why they just keep fucking us over….

I’d give ENIC one season at Liverpool at best….

And I guarantee when Liverpool lose Klopp, they won't suddenly switch to an entirely different style of play. They'll appoint somebody else of a similar profile and keep the identity and structure the same at the club .. consistency is key.

City's plan for Guardiola's arrival was years in the making.

Yep we need a clear philosophy as a club. Going from different style to different style shows we don’t really have a clear idea of what we are.

Who cares if they are fuelled by oil? Some clubs are fuelled by a lot worse things than oil. I pay enough money on the petrol I buy, it would be a good feeling if some of that came back into a team I support.
Before somebody starts banging the drum on human rights in these oil states, our record as a nation on human rights is nothing to brag about. Or our invading of other nations.
Good luck Newcastle, you have terrific home support, it won’t happen overnight, but in time success will come your way. I for one will not be calling you a plastic club, or plastic supporters, or oil club as if it is some derogatory term.

Who cares if they are fuelled by oil? Some clubs are fuelled by a lot worse things than oil. I pay enough money on the petrol I buy, it would be a good feeling if some of that came back into a team I support.
Before somebody starts banging the drum on human rights in these oil states, our record as a nation on human rights is nothing to brag about. Or our invading of other nations.
Good luck Newcastle, you have terrific home support, it won’t happen overnight, but in time success will come your way. I for one will not be calling you a plastic club, or plastic supporters, or oil club as if it is some derogatory term.

Who are these clubs that are fuelled by something worse that murderous and abusive regimes?

......I'm all ears.

Last edited:
Am I the only one who actually doesn't care much about trophies??

No... I can't be, because here we all are. If the most important thing to us was trophies, we'd all be on Blue Moon or whatever

No. We care about history, tradition, fair play and beautiful, open expansive football.

Fuck trophies, if and when we get one, let it be on our terms. Until then.. As we were. It's fine

There's times i wish we had sugar dady owners, but in the cold light of day. No
I know. It's a tough one.

A multi billionaire owner who invests his wealth in top football players. Or a multi billionaire owner who invests his wealth in Picasso's and Rembrandt's

:sonhmm:

But yeah. We'll go for the Picasso's

is nothing to do with them being an oil club it is more the fact their outright owner is someone who is happy bombing schools and hospitals in Yemen killing god knows how many children. Then their is the whole human rights issue where being a homosexual in that country gets you stonned to death. The fact is it was Saudi Money that have funded most of the extremist terrorist groups.

I don't like that we are sponsored by a Chinese insurance company I would loathe being owned by people who are happy bombing children. The dirty money in football needs to be rooted out of football look at Woolwich how can any fan be happy visit Rawanda on their shoulder because the president of that country has made his political opponent diappear disgusts me.

Am I the only one who actually doesn't care much about trophies??

No... I can't be, because here we all are. If the most important thing to us was trophies, we'd all be on Blue Moon or whatever

No. We care about history, tradition, fair play and beautiful, open expansive football.

Fuck trophies, if and when we get one, let it be on our terms. Until then.. As we were. It's fine

Why? There are lots of reasons people support a side. Could have been a family related thing, or supported when they were young, or loads of other reasons.

Just because you think trophies are important and want to see your team be successful, doesn't mean you have to be a supporter of THE most successful sides.

And saying 'fuck trophies' is just insane to me. Our lack of ability to win things is why we're probably going to lose Kane, and it's why we lose other top players we have at the club as well. The best players and managers all want silverware, to a man.

It's amazing how some supporters of this club view ambition as a dirty word. You want to win things and be competitive? You should be supporting City. Everyone who supports a football club should want said club to do the most they can within reason to try and win trophies.

I see we’re going through that amusing pantomime of pretending to be morally outraged by the owners of different clubs.
It's fun isn't it. Like a dick measuring contest.

I have higher morals than you

Oh no you don't!

Oh yes I do!

What a load of false baloney

Back
Top Bottom