Are the morals of our owners important to you?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It'd be like a thread title:

"Would you want Spurs to be owned by Jews."

Vs.

"Would you want Spurs to be owned by ENIC/Levy"

Crystal clear what's actually being asked but sounds wrong as fck and quite cringe worthy.

Didn't I just say "It's poorly worded" ??????

Perhaps you don't, but a decent number here have categorically said they'd welcome us being owned by City's lot for example.... They make no secret of the fact.
Absolutely I would make that trade.

I’d take being Borussia Dortmund over either option, but being PSG in every meaningful way besides player expenditure fucking sucks.

Do you want us to buy a couple of league titles , few cups fill our team with greedy little mercenaries with their even greedier agents waiting in the wings or huff & puff do what we’ve been doing then maybe just maybe we a get a rub of the green and we can celebrate a trophy by huffing & puffing what do you want?

Do you want us to buy a couple of league titles , few cups fill our team with greedy little mercenaries with their even greedier agents waiting in the wings or huff & puff do what we’ve been doing then maybe just maybe we a get a rub of the green and we can celebrate a trophy by huffing & puffing what do you want?
Just 20 more years of huffing and puffing and im sure we will get the rub of the green to win another league cup.

The way people act like we’re Barnet or something boggles my mind every time.

Mate, the Chicago Fire are greedy mercenaries with greedy agents, what decade do you think this is?

Im less concerned about where the owners came from, or what race/religion, or if they're billionaires, then I would be about being owned by a group of people who violate human rights as much as their new owners have done.
It terrifies me that football fans just overlook this fact if it wins their team a few pieces of metal, and pretty much sums of why this planet is in such a shit state.

We're going to need new owners soon.

At this rate, we're no longer going to be a big 10 club let alone big 6 club with all the new money being poured into the League.

We're going to need owners that are willing to go over ZERO net spend every year.

Yep . Perfectly happy . The game went years ago . It’s like pissing against the tide trying to compete if you don’t have cash or owners willing to spend it .

So it's alright for you to judge other people, but it's not okay for other people to have opinions that you disagree with. You're a bloke, aren't you?
I certainly am a bloke. A ruddy lad!

Look, I get it. These new owners are shits. Quite right.

It’s simply that football is such a moral quagmire, it’s ridiculous to clutch our pearls at this latest development. It is populated with the most greedy, unpleasant scumbags that owners like this are the logical conclusion.

We also pick and choose our outrage. I don’t expect to see ratty Neville or Twitter darling Linekar speak out about the Quatar World Cup. We’ll get to enjoy the amusing spectacle of our lions taking the knee (a gesture that doesn’t bother me in the slightest) at venues built, quite literally, by slaves that died in a country that murders gay people. But we all have our paymasters. And I’ll be watching and cheering too. Please don’t mistake my position for moral superiority. I’m as fair weather as the next man (or bloke).

I just think it’s naff. Football has been a corporate cluster fuck for about 30 years now.

Back
Top Bottom