Are the morals of our owners important to you?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

"Hey Mr Big Time Football Club Owner...... Sell half your clubs shares to the fan-base dirt cheap please".

Sadly, not a real option.

...But as per my question Deuterz Deuterz - I'm far more intrigued by this idea of legally compelling the rich to do certain things with their money...... How?

We don't. I have no expectations that any of this will actually happen, I'm not an idealist.

The powerful don't willingly cede with their power, and wealth is the source of that for these people. It would need to be ripped from them as a result of a fundamental change to society. But again, as earlier stated, the conditions for anything like that to happen don't exist .. so it won't.

Hence my apathy towards this takeover. Football at the top level sold its soul a long time ago, and I struggle to generate any outrage when some more terrible people enter the game. Some people obviously feel differently, and that's fair, I respect the principles.

Don’t give a fuck about morals. Real hypocritical of Spurs fans moaning about Newcastle being taken over by Arabs, when our own club tried to sell our soul by sneaking into the super league without consulting anybody. We are certainly no angels whatsoever. The difference is, these Arabs will propel Newcastle to great heights and eventually silverware. We are stuck with bald cunt, ENIC and a failed regime pretending to be big on a lemonade budget. Cunts!!! #levyout #enicout

Nah..... Big difference (not the only one, mind) is that their lot like a bit of murder.

Try most.
Well, certainly a great deal went into it but most of the cost of the stadium we’re now holding as debt.

You won’t hear a word of objection from me on the stadium project. The right plan well executed that has given the club a wonderful home and put it on excellent financial footing. Job well done by Levy and ENIC.
'Awfully' forgiving of you to include this given the implications of your OG post.
Every club took a huge bath due to Covid. Our opportunity cost was huge, but our cash-drowned balance sheet as of March 2020 was also a big advantage relative to other clubs.
Ahhhh...... ok.

So generally nothing as untoward as you were implying
I mean there’s no securities fraud going on here. ENIC’s business practices are perfectly legitimate, they’re just ill-considered, self destructive, and at every turn dedicated to building a sports entertainment real estate asset portfolio with a cost-controlled legacy tenant of a football club.

These guys have no sporting values whatsoever.

I really don't know where I stand on all this tbh

I'm desperate for Enic/Levy to go but these Newcastle owners are truly abhorrent

Not trying to cause an argument but if everyone on here was offered 10 times their current salary to do their current job but working for a company with owners of this nature , would you honestly take it ?

Don’t give a fuck about morals. Real hypocritical of Spurs fans moaning about Newcastle being taken over by Arabs, when our own club tried to sell our soul by sneaking into the super league without consulting anybody. We are certainly no angels whatsoever. The difference is, these Arabs will propel Newcastle to great heights and eventually silverware. We are stuck with bald cunt, ENIC and a failed regime pretending to be big on a lemonade budget. Cunts!!! #levyout #enicout
Yes, and we called them out for it. Most people on this forum were ready to stop following/giving a shit about Spurs just because of the ESL. So yes, we can have a say. Stop trying to change the narrative.

We don't. I have no expectations that any of this will actually happen, I'm not an idealist.

The powerful don't willingly cede with their power, and wealth is the source of that for these people. It would need to be ripped from them as a result of a fundamental change to society. But again, as earlier stated, the conditions for anything like that to happen don't exist .. so it won't.

Hence my apathy towards this takeover. Football at the top level sold its soul a long time ago, and I struggle to generate any outrage when some more terrible people enter the game. Some people obviously feel differently, and that's fair, I respect the principles.

2 key components to your take on all this it seems:

1. A determinedly vocal subscription to - and prescribing of - apathy. (Ironic)
2. All-or nothing idealism that ultimately contributes nothing to the discussion on a practical level.

Leaves us pretty well destined for a dead end here.

He's really putting the work, gotta appreciate that😭

What's not appreciated is trolls fakenews-ing posts and gimps cheer-leading for them; but crack on.... You do you..

Last edited:
I really don't know where I stand on all this tbh

I'm desperate for Enic/Levy to go but these Newcastle owners are truly abhorrent

Not trying to cause an argument but if everyone on here was offered 10 times their current salary to do their current job but working for a company with owners of this nature , would you honestly take it ?

No, it’s a deal with the devil. You will one day pay a price if you took a job with them, here is £1m a year and a few years down the line you are cutting up bodies. This is a government that has spent vast amount of oil money since the 50’s onwards on extreamist Salafist literature and education globally, the ideology of which Al-Qaeda and ISIS are it’s children.

Easily one of the worst governments on Earth.

It's conflicting. I know a City supporter (proper Manc, season ticket). City sort of suited him a club, casual but loyal. Obviously incredibly exciting when the money came in, no longer in the shadow of United etc. But when Aguero scored on 94 minutes it just completed football. How could you ever top that? Nowaways I think he's got no more than a passing interest in it all.
I felt that if that had happened to us, ie we beat that lot down the road to the league title in the last minute, then I would give it up, as nothing would ever top that feeling.

So if I'm reading the general consensus of this thread right, where Newcastle fans are dancing in the streets celebrating, if it was us, we should all be in the streets protesting?

Well, certainly a great deal went into it but most of the cost of the stadium we’re now holding as debt.

You won’t hear a word of objection from me on the stadium project. The right plan well executed that has given the club a wonderful home and put it on excellent financial footing. Job well done by Levy and ENIC.

Every club took a huge bath due to Covid. Our opportunity cost was huge, but our cash-drowned balance sheet as of March 2020 was also a big advantage relative to other clubs.

I mean there’s no securities fraud going on here. ENIC’s business practices are perfectly legitimate, they’re just ill-considered, self destructive, and at every turn dedicated to building a sports entertainment real estate asset portfolio with a cost-controlled legacy tenant of a football club.

These guys have no sporting values whatsoever.

Point is (and was) we know where the bulk of the dosh has gone...... You're both praising and criticising the stadium project in the same breath. If that "financial footing" we have created is not exploited once it starts to bear fruit then perhaps your closing criticisms become something other than theory/suspicion.

Yes, and we called them out for it. Most people on this forum were ready to stop following/giving a shit about Spurs just because of the ESL. So yes, we can have a say. Stop trying to change the narrative.

100%..... Usual collection of toxic dickheads bullshitting about this numerous times today.

2 key components to your take on all this it seems:

1. An determinedly vocal subscription to - and prescribing of - apathy. (Ironic)
2. All-or nothing idealism that ultimately contributes nothing to the discussion on a practical level.

Leaves us pretty well destined for a dead end here.

Well yes, but I don't recall there ever being an end goal anyhow. The original question is do you care about the morals of the owners? My answer is simply not really, because top level football is void of morality anyhow, and I'm not going to waste my time categorising billionaires by the extent of their crimes.

And I said I'm not an idealist. I was simply asked what would have to happen for the situation to change, which is that. You're not fundamentally altering how football clubs are run in this country without that kind of event. I don't believe that event is probable, or even really possible.

Where we clearly disagree is that you can see a big gap between these people, and other billionaires. I've explained at length why I do not, and you've said why you do. There's no altering how we differently perceive these people, so yes .. dead end.

Back
Top Bottom