Are the morals of our owners important to you?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yes, and we called them out for it. Most people on this forum were ready to stop following/giving a shit about Spurs just because of the ESL. So yes, we can have a say. Stop trying to change the narrative.

Not changing anything. My point is, we are not some sort of football messiah club. Look at the pandemic and the shit our club tried to pull with the payment and furlough. They might not be murderers like the Arab state, but they try and fuck people over other ways.

No way do I want Tottenham taken over.

It's frustrating but I enjoy the way we're run. Least it's not funded by blood money or oil.
Nick Young Reaction GIF

Well yes, but I don't recall there ever being an end goal anyhow. The original question is do you care about the morals of the owners? My answer is simply not really, because top level football is void of morality anyhow, and I'm not going to waste my time categorising billionaires by the extent of their crimes.

And I said I'm not an idealist. I was simply asked what would have to happen for the situation to change, which is that. You're not fundamentally altering how football clubs are run in this country without that kind of event. I don't believe that event is probable, or even really possible.

Where we clearly disagree is that you can see a big gap between these people, and other billionaires. I've explained at length why I do not, and you've said why you do. There's no altering how we differently perceive these people, so yes .. dead end.

Lol... Yeh, fair enough... There's kinda a blurring between this and the other thread going on.... If that's more me than you then fair fucks to ya fella......

Rather than hoping for billionaire tyrants coming in and activating cheat mode, I'm hoping that one day there will be salary and transfer caps that help to level the playing field.

Neither are going to happen :klinsmann:

Football clubs would be owned primarily by the fans.

And I don't believe for a second the 'utopia' is possible, the game sold out to the most hardcore forms of capitalism a long, long time ago. There's no point discussing how that might shift because none of the requirements for systemic change currently exist.
That’s how’s done in Portugal. A club can’t be sold without the “sócios” approve by majority vote.

That’s how’s done in Portugal. A club can’t be sold without the “sócios” approve by majority vote.

Yes but I would assume such a system was set up long ago.

The English game is now firmly in the hands of all the wrong people. You can't wrestle control from said people as they have far too much money, and far too much influence. And you by law can't force them in to selling their clubs.

So the way it functions in Germany or Portugal, can't work here. We've sold out. Once you've sold out you can't go back.

Plenty of good owners out there without resorting to this. Liverpool, Leicester, Brighton, Villa, Brentford. Cant we just have one like that, who prioritise the football, who are open and honest, who invest when needed without making excuses, who dont treat their fans with barely concealed contempt.

Plenty of good owners out there without resorting to this. Liverpool, Leicester, Brighton, Villa, Brentford. Cant we just have one like that, who prioritise the football, who are open and honest, who invest when needed without making excuses, who dont treat their fans with barely concealed contempt.

The Dippers lot generally face a lot of the same criticism as ours tbf....... Not football men..... Furlough... ESL..... Ticket pricing........ Under-investing on players (be curious to see where they ended up if not for that crazy Coutinho fee so quickly after selling Suarez & Sterling)...... yada yada.

Not changing anything. My point is, we are not some sort of football messiah club. Look at the pandemic and the shit our club tried to pull with the payment and furlough. They might not be murderers like the Arab state, but they try and fuck people over other ways.
And the fuckers pulled the £5 pie and pint deal if within an hour of kick off. That alone is enough!

Any decent owners and a chairman that’s not a property developer like ours, then im happy. One that prioritises football over Lady gaga concerts, then I’m all for it. Shame the guys in charge at Spurs don’t give a flying fuck what goes on the pitch

The Dippers lot generally face a lot of the same criticism as ours tbf....... Not football men..... Furlough... ESL..... Ticket pricing........ Under-investing on players (be curious to see where they ended up if not for that crazy Coutinho fee so quickly after selling Suarez & Sterling)...... yada yada.
True. But when it mattered, when they knew they had their best manager for a generation, they identified the 2 weak areas in the team and went and got the best keeper and centre back out there. Yes, the Coutinho money helped but when you look at what we did in in
16, 17, and 18 it brings it home that they dont have the team at the heart of what they do.

The key difference is they've been far more successful when it comes to the moneyball aspects. And they've only appointed managers who wish to play a style of football which appeals to the fans, rather than the current departure we've taken from that.

But yes, the Coutinho fee has been hugely key to their success. They benefitted hugely from Barcelona being so horrendously badly run on that one. Absolutely bizarre fee to spend on an Eriksen at best level player.

Ugh, do I have to dig out the charts again? I’m busy mate

Bugger off and be "busy" then.....

9th richest club dot jpeg

Twitter.com/Lowest wages to turnover by a mile every fucking year

We were just talking about when we can expect to reap the benefits of the stadium....... Perhaps you think it's bearing fruit already?

Perhaps you're just being a bit of a bell-end? I'm not sure.

Outside of being owned by nation-states who are purchasing the club for the sole purpose of sportswashing abhorrent human rights abuses, I don't particularly care what morals ownership does or doesn't have.

Whatever billionaire(s) buys Spurs when ENIC sells will be some level of terrible person/people - you don't become that rich without being an asshole to a lot of people. But that's the only people that can purchase and own a £2B dollar club. Jeff Bezos is an awful person that has made many people's lives measurably worse, but if he bought Spurs it would probably be a great day for the club.

People aren't mad at Lewis because he's a tax cheat, they're mad because he buys yachts and art rather than putting that money into the club.

Back
Top Bottom