Are the morals of our owners important to you?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's a good question. It looks like the new chairman will be Yasir Al-Rumayyan, who is on Saudis PIF board along with Prince Salman, the current the leader of the country.

Salman has been accused of many human rights abuses although not necessarily the things he is being accused of here. He isn't going around executing women - he is in fact a staunch secularist and his main target of repression has been religious institutions and scholars. Many have been imprisoned or 'disappeared'. His particular brand of secularism is an attempt to win Western investment and it is working.

His biggest crime is the war in Yemen. There is a slow genocide going on in Yemen which is being carried by Saudi with US/UK weapons. The man is a despot. But he is a despot that our tory government and the Leftist Democrats in the US seem to love.
So its safe to say, as arseholes go. He falls somewhere on the scale between Stalin and Gary Lineker?

I'd buy that if Saudi was the only country that did anything wrong.

You happy enough with American owners or English owners considering the things they've done?

Remind me; which club does England or America own?

Suprised (not suprised!) you can't understand the difference between a) being owned by someone of a certain nationality and b) being owned by an actual nation.

Last edited:
The major virtue signally aspect in this whole drama is summed up by the below. How can laces, taking the knee mean anything. It is clear that all of this driven by the premier league and FA is totally disingenuous.

What it means now is that the fans and public have to behave as well as possible but those that govern us, own our clubs can behave how they want. Any campaign is basically now in the bin because Tommy Robinson is like your nan compared to the House of Saud.

I do wonder if the premier league and FA have thought about what this means for taking the knee, gay rights etc. Because they will have to bin it as it will now look ridiculous.

I am walking away from football, have made the decision and I am going to stand by it.

Thought long and hard about it and this post sums up perfectly the reason why I am done with it and the fucking circus it has become.

I am walking away from football, have made the decision and I am going to stand by it.

Thought long and hard about it and this post sums up perfectly the reason why I am done with it and the fucking circus it has become.

Power to you, I am not far off it myself. Haven’t even been to the Lane this season. If anything I find more meaning these days on this forum having a rant than worrying about whether we will beat Woolwich.

If Spurs get taken over by Satan I am off to follow Dagenham and Redbridge. Lower league football is still pretty good in the main.

The only difference between ENIC and the Saudis is that the Saudis can get away with it.

End of.
I would pretty strongly disagree. ENIC are vulture capitalists who play the business game to the hilt and are not remotely interested in sentiment or happiness. But that's nothing like running an authoritarian regime which jails and murders dissent at home, and assassinates dissenters overseas, while funding terrorist organizations in other countries to deter them from operating domestically within Saudi Arabia.

If you can't see a difference between them, fine, but I guess we'll just have to agree to disagree, because I think there's a pretty big fucking difference.

Power to you, I am not far off it myself. Haven’t even been to the Lane this season. If anything I find more meaning these days on this forum having a rant than worrying about whether we will beat Woolwich.

If Spurs get taken over by Satan I am off to follow Dagenham and Redbridge. Lower league football is still pretty good in the main.

Agree. And every single penny that goes into the club is really really appreciated.

:adesalute:

You're good peeps... Perhaps pop by and say 'Hi' once in a while anyway.

I'd buy that if Saudi was the only country that did anything wrong.

You happy enough with American owners or English owners considering the things they've done?

I'd saying having an American owner that is a part of the US government would be even worse than having a Saudi official as an owner.

Fortunately most scumbag leaders in the West don't have a fascination with owning football clubs. Unfortunately some scumbag leaders in the Gulf do.

The major virtue signally aspect in this whole drama is summed up by the below. How can laces, taking the knee mean anything. It is clear that all of this driven by the premier league and FA is totally disingenuous.

What it means now is that the fans and public have to behave as well as possible but those that govern us, own our clubs can behave how they want. Any campaign is basically now in the bin because Tommy Robinson is like your nan compared to the House of Saud.

I do wonder if the premier league and FA have thought about what this means for taking the knee, gay rights etc. Because they will have to bin it as it will now look ridiculous.

I agree. If the FA genuinely in promoting human rights, equality and diversity then to me they should make a moral stand and boycott the World Cup in Qatar. As it will hit them in the pocket morals suddenly go out the window.

I agree. If the FA genuinely in promoting human rights, equality and diversity then to me they should make a moral stand and boycott the World Cup in Qatar. As it will hit them in the pocket morals suddenly go out the window.

The whole things a joke, it’s the biggest load of hypocrisy I can ever remember. I don’t blame the Saudis, UAE whoever I blame our government and mostly our football authorities and media for what has occurred.

So the England team take the knee for equality while playing football in a country that stands against equality and playing for clubs whose owners stand against equality. Any player now taking the knee looks almost like a fool, it’s a joke, a comedy. The knee should be taken with the players covered in clown masks.

Think of a gay Newcastle fan, waving the pride flag at St James Park will make about as much sense as a Jew waving the Israeli flag at a KKK convention. His fellow fans maybe ok with it, but the clubs owners think he should be dead.

Don’t the prospective owners of any EPL club have to demonstrate that they are right and proper etc?

Don't worry about that, remember the Saudis got a TV programme stopped by our sovereign government because it was critical of them.
Expect a massive trade deal announcement any day now?

Don't worry about that, remember the Saudis got a TV programme stopped by our sovereign government because it was critical of them.
Expect a massive trade deal announcement any day now?
Yes I remember that one

‘Death of a Princess’?

Yes mate and this will be known as "Death of the Prem" City and Chavs will be shitting themselves.
To City and the chavs I say this.
liam neeson GIF by Star Wars

I am a ground hopper these days, albeit with only a few teams. I was a Haringey Borough season ticket holder, but walked away over an incident. Would still go to a decent away with them though. I go and watch Enfield, Enfield Town ,Cockfosters .Cheshunt and a number of other localism teams. I love it! Cheap, can take a pint into the game, visit places i would usually.
Can highly recommended it.

Again, when Boris Johnstone orJoe Biden takes to beheading people in public because of who they're fucking, let me know

We have had people on here trying to liken the Saudi leadership to the Conservative Party, ENIC, the UK government and the US government. Fuck me they are stretching.
Just fucking say I want Spurs to win trophies at any cost and I don't give a fuck who it is that buys us or what they have done.
There are people on here that would accept Hitler buying the club because 'there is no direct evidence he personally killed any jews'.

Absolutely staggering.

Back
Top Bottom