Are the morals of our owners important to you?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Great post.

If Levy sold an ageing Kane for £150million to Newcastle, or any other player for an extortionate fee to, ahem, fund a rebuild, Levy will be lauded by his fan club as some kind of genius and all their moral dilemmas will magically disappear.

We've seen it already to a lesser extent with Kyle Walker

The reality is that 99% of our fans would rather take 150m for Kane from City than 100 from United, despite the latter money apparently being 'clean'.

I respect those who would genuinely not want us to do so. Genuine principles are rare and I have huge admiration for people who actually hold them. But if you would take the extra funds instead, you have to ask yourself how much of a problem you really have with Saudi money.

I'm quite torn about this. Of course, I want our owners to be upright citizens, but I also want us to win a meaningful trophy before I pop my clogs!
I'm having to go back decades to relive memories of a cup win that's worth the reliving - the 81 and 91 Cup Finals and the UEFA Cup win in 84. Speaking to a younger supporter who doesn't remember those amazing games, it occurred to me that he hasn't got that many trophy winning games to look back.
Yes, there have been some amazing games to look back on, but that's slim pickings for a Club with our history and aspirations.
The authorities should never have allowed this situation to come about, but the worms are out of the can and unless the PL bubble bursts, they aren't going back in.

I'm quite torn about this. Of course, I want our owners to be upright citizens, but I also want us to win a meaningful trophy before I pop my clogs!
I'm having to go back decades to relive memories of a cup win that's worth the reliving - the 81 and 91 Cup Finals and the UEFA Cup win in 84. Speaking to a younger supporter who doesn't remember those amazing games, it occurred to me that he hasn't got that many trophy winning games to look back.
Yes, there have been some amazing games to look back on, but that's slim pickings for a Club with our history and aspirations.
The authorities should never have allowed this situation to come about, but the worms are out of the can and unless the PL bubble bursts, they aren't going back in.

true it’s the football authorities and government that have responsibility for this mess. We now have two oil state clubs and a gangster owned club in our league. Crazy this has been allowed but there you go.

My bank HSBC was convicted of laundering cartel money but I didn’t vote with my feet so unlikely I would give up on Spurs if an ultra conservative Arab country took us over.

Says here that ITV aired it despite objections....

On YT if anyone fancies a gander:

Yeah but they forced the government to issue this disgraceful statement before it was shown;

The programme you are about to see is a dramatized reconstruction of certain events which took place in the Arab world between 1976 and 1978. We have been asked to point out that equality for all before the law is regarded as paramount in the Moslem world.

Depressing.

Well, we play the Bonesaw Boys in our next game, hope those Spurs fans in attendance bring some rainbow flags and whatnot to make a point against the bigots.

Will they insist Gays are thrown off the roof of the Gallowgate End before matches?

Don’t give a fuck about morals. Real hypocritical of Spurs fans moaning about Newcastle being taken over by Arabs, when our own club tried to sell our soul by sneaking into the super league without consulting anybody. We are certainly no angels whatsoever. The difference is, these Arabs will propel Newcastle to great heights and eventually silverware. We are stuck with bald cunt, ENIC and a failed regime pretending to be big on a lemonade budget. Cunts!!! #levyout #enicout
You also need to watch the documentary on the murder if Jammal Khasoggi this us not about the super league. This is not about he has done deals with Saudis this is literal blood on the owners hands.

You also need to watch the documentary on the murder if Jammal Khasoggi this us not about the super league. This is not about he has done deals with Saudis this is literal blood on the owners hands.

Saw it today funny enough. Awful. But, how are Newcastle fans going to stop that ? If they see their club winning trophies, I think they will just turn a blind eye as to who’s running their club

We made the top four, only beaten by Chelsea, City and Newcastle, thanks to some dodgy dealing by old Joe in Patagonia...and no mention of him making a fucking fortune from betting against the Pound on Black Wednesday...

Haven't read the thread so I hope not too many cunts got on their high horses...

We made the top four, only beaten by Chelsea, City and Newcastle, thanks to some dodgy dealing by old Joe in Patagonia...and no mention of him making a fucking fortune from betting against the Pound on Black Wednesday...

Haven't read the thread so I hope not too many cunts got on their high horses...

What's your point?

Sadly for us "Old Joe" doesn't wash his money through Spurs - so any comparison with Chelsea, City and Newcastle ends right there ...

Whilst betting on the markets is hardly a glorious way of making money, are you saying that's the same as homophobia, rape and murder?

Think your "high horse" is a figment of your imagination, or do you really see a direct comparison?

What's your point?

Sadly for us "Old Joe" doesn't wash his money through Spurs - so any comparison with Chelsea, City and Newcastle ends right there ...

Whilst betting on the markets is hardly a glorious way of making money, are you saying that's the same as homophobia, rape and murder?

Think your "high horse" is a figment of your imagination, or do you really see a direct comparison
OK he didn't actually murder anybody...just had a guy who threatened to do it whilst carrying out a land grab on his behalf...don't know enough about the guy to know his personal beliefs...mainly because he's a secretive tax exile who spends half the year in a big fuck off yacht...

So he sounds a decent bloke...

The reality is that 99% of our fans would rather take 150m for Kane from City than 100 from United, despite the latter money apparently being 'clean'.

I respect those who would genuinely not want us to do so. Genuine principles are rare and I have huge admiration for people who actually hold them. But if you would take the extra funds instead, you have to ask yourself how much of a problem you really have with Saudi money.
Bang on the money.

Which is why none of the Levy fanatics have come out and explained their thoughts on the issue.

High horses? On the fighting cock?

Never!

Airfixx Airfixx . Are you proud?

Back
Top Bottom