Are the morals of our owners important to you?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

To be honest I'm getting sick and tired of the whole fucking thing. Football is no longer the level playing field it once was, back in the day a load of teams could win...now it's down to the few with the biggest crooks in charge.

City basically hoover up every trophy going and no one bats a fucking eyelid.

In that case, I can say you have stronger morals than I do. I know I'd still follow the club, love it when we beat Woolwich etc.
I'm not a high moral preacher. I've done coke while knowing how bad it is ethically.
But Spurs is something higher for me, a religious kind of thing – and that would be like really selling the soul to the devil.
So see it like a loss of faith.

I think you have either not read the 50 previous posts I have made on the subject or misunderstood my post.

I am saying some posters here are supporting the NUFC takeover because 'ENIC are just as bad'.

I have been disagreeing with that.

The whole ENIC are bad bandwagon is unfounded .... sure ENIC may not meet the expectations of the modern entitled fan ... but taking us from a mid table club with 20th century facilities, into top six club with 21st century facilities ... how is that such a bad thing?

Think we're probably in agreement on that, as indeed are the vast majority of fans, just not the very noisy few.

Thinking about it, it is us fans who still follow the game who are a big part of the problem. If we all turned our back on it, went and followed non-league teams or something. But then there are too many fans globally now for that to make a dent. Younger fans don't know any different from megabucks football. We have a ready made excuse to keep following the game in that we are pretty powerless anyway lol.

"We don't kill journalists, you'll never sing that"

Don’t give a fuck about morals. Real hypocritical of Spurs fans moaning about Newcastle being taken over by Arabs, when our own club tried to sell our soul by sneaking into the super league without consulting anybody. We are certainly no angels whatsoever. The difference is, these Arabs will propel Newcastle to great heights and eventually silverware. We are stuck with bald cunt, ENIC and a failed regime pretending to be big on a lemonade budget. Cunts!!! #levyout #enicout
Why werent our fans running up and down crying when we got the blood money for walker. They are still loving enic who accepted blood money.

The whole ENIC are bad bandwagon is unfounded .... sure ENIC may not meet the expectations of the modern entitled fan ... but taking us from a mid table club with 20th century facilities, into top six club with 21st century facilities ... how is that such a bad thing?

Think we're probably in agreement on that, as indeed are the vast majority of fans, just not the very noisy few.
ENIC have zero footballing vision.

We have no identity, as a team. We play fucking shit football.

That’s why a lot of us don’t like them. The fact we haven’t won anything is in addition.

To be honest I'm getting sick and tired of the whole fucking thing. Football is no longer the level playing field it once was, back in the day a load of teams could win...now it's down to the few with the biggest crooks in charge.

City basically hoover up every trophy going and no one bats a fucking eyelid.

I think this is why a European Super League is inevitable. The game will eat itself and the owners will have to come up with something new, and they will. And they'll either lock out the 'lottery winner' clubs or they will make them adhere to the rules of a new league.

But even if we are in a fucking identity crisis on our football side, we're still fucking Tottenham. And Levy is still in some degree bounded by listening to us as fans.
You’d like to think so.

I just don’t get how people can buy Levy saying ‘we want attacking football’ and then watch him hire Nuno. For the record, I don’t blame Nuno in the least. He’s going to get it in the neck for being our seventh or eighth choice.

You’d like to think so.

I just don’t get how people can buy Levy saying ‘we want attacking football’ and then watch him hire Nuno. For the record, I don’t blame Nuno in the least. He’s going to get it in the neck for being our seventh or eighth choice.
He's a fool, I don't argue that.

But if it wasn't to our voices as fans, we'd be playing that shit football in a hollowed super league in Stratford.

He's a fool, I don't argue that.

But if it wasn't to our voices as fans, we'd be playing that shit football in a hollowed super league in Stratford.

That's a good point, though I'd say Spurs fans had no real say in the ESL. It was only because of the backlash from Man Utd and Liverpool, their fans and pundits/puppets in the media, led by Neville the Sky propagandist.

Put it this way, if they had joined the ESL, Levy would have ignored any Spurs fans against the idea and joined right there with them.

ENIC have zero footballing vision.

We have no identity, as a team. We play fucking shit football.

That’s why a lot of us don’t like them. The fact we haven’t won anything is in addition.
So glory hunters - our best EPL finish in the club's history, a fist ever CL final with arguably the most exciting cup run ever ... how soon you entitled forget.

So glory hunters - our best EPL finish in the club's history, a fist ever CL final with arguably the most exciting cup run ever ... how soon you entitled forget.

I see you've arrived in this thread now in order to back ENIC over the clubs actual fans. I've never seen someone with this much loyalty to an investment group, but you do you. Do you have any chants you specifically sing in games about them? Maybe a love poem about Joe Lewis and Levy?

Also still peddling the myth that glory hunters is when fans want their team to win a trophy and to play entertaining football. Superb.

Levy/ENIC out poll stands at 71% for out, with about 200 votes. It's obviously a terrible sample size but I wouldn't say its inaccurate from the Spurs fans I know. I've seen similar polls online with similar results, and the support for those charlatans decreases every single season we underperform and play depressing, static football.

Keep thinking you're in the 'vast majority' though, if it makes you feel better. Your role as ENIC's voice among the fans is admirable.

I see you've arrived in this thread now in order to back ENIC over the clubs actual fans. I've never seen someone with this much loyalty to an investment group, but you do you. Do you have any chants you specifically sing in games about them? Maybe a love poem about Joe Lewis and Levy?

Also still peddling the myth that glory hunters is when fans want their team to win a trophy and to play entertaining football. Superb.

I support the whole club - not just the bits I like best - pretending we haven't played entertaining football when just last season we had the Golden Boot winner, and set EPL records for goals and assists by a striking duo - yet less than six months later you call that shit unentertaining football.

As I said ridiculously entitled glory hunting - the reality of highly competitive modern day football means you will probably never be happy, and that's sad for you.

Do you go to the game and stand in the road outside with a painted sheet looking a complete prat? You probably do, is that really your idea of support?

Levy/ENIC out poll stands at 71% for out, with about 200 votes. It's obviously a terrible sample size but I wouldn't say its inaccurate from the Spurs fans I know. I've seen similar polls online with similar results, and the support for those charlatans decreases every single season we underperform and play depressing, static football.

Keep thinking you're in the 'vast majority' though, if it makes you feel better. Your role as ENIC's voice among the fans is admirable.
Record ST sales and 57,000 at home games would tend to disagree .... but believe what you want.

Back
Top Bottom