Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Question would you lot have defoe, keane,berba, soldado, pav, sherringham all over Kane?

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

Question would you lot have defoe, keane,berba, soldado, pav, sherringham all over Kane?
That is a tough question. but I think the answer is Sheringham. Prime Sheringham today would be worth a bucketload.

Sheringham is not a Spurs legend because his time here was not his peak period, But he and Defoe could have been awesome. I might also take Defoe over Kane.

Teddy and Berba were better 'footballers' than Kane. Loved Keano, clever player but not as lethal as Kane, same with Defoe, loved him, and he loved Spurs, but not as lethal. Soldado and Pav?! Don't think so. So on reflection, Berba was a genius, and the last striker to score in a final for us i believe??....🤔 I'd take peak Berba and Sheringham before Kane.

Imagine not wanting a prime Sheringham and Berbatov up top and a prime Defoe and Keane on the bench or in cup games just so Kane can win a golden boot

Look at it this way, Sheringham, Defoe, Keane and Berbertov… them FOUR players have scored a combined total of 305 premier league goals for spurs. Harry has 166 on his own.

Look at it this way, Sheringham, Defoe, Keane and Berbertov… them FOUR players have scored a combined total of 305 premier league goals for spurs. Harry has 166 on his own.
And he’s been first team three years longer than the longest serving of those..

Kane has played 198 more games than Berbatov for example

OH MY GOD HE SCORED MORE THAN HIM!!!

:adewtf:

And he’s been first team three years longer than the longest serving of those..

Kane has played 198 more games than Berbatov for example

OH MY GOD HE SCORED MORE THAN HIM!!!

:adewtf:

Kane has scored 20-30 goals every season for what, 9 years?

Berbatov didn't get close to 20 league goals in any of the couple of season's he was at the club, you numpty. Not that they should ever be compared anyway as they have different strengths and were different types of forward. Berbatov clearly had more flair and technical ability than Kane, but Harry has things in his game he does far better than Berbatov did.

Kane has scored 20-30 goals every season for what, 9 years?

Berbatov didn't get close to 20 league goals in any of the couple of season's he was at the club, you numpty. Not that they should ever be compared anyway as they have different strengths and were different types of forward. Berbatov clearly had more flair and technical ability than Kane, but Harry has things in his game he does far better than Berbatov did.

It's not even close enough to merit a discussion. Berbatov was a good PL player, but not even in the same category of forwards as a firing, prime Kane. We're talking someone who is up to twice as productive, and it's not like Berbatov was some dynamic, pressing forward who offered lots off the ball to counteract that.

Same goes with Defoe, another good PL level player. Sheringham is the only one on that whole list who merits any kind of discussion.

It's not even close enough to merit a discussion. Berbatov was a good PL player, but not even in the same category of forwards as a firing, prime Kane. We're talking someone who is up to twice as productive, and it's not like Berbatov was some dynamic, pressing forward who offered lots off the ball to counteract that.

Same goes with Defoe, another good PL level player. Sheringham is the only one on that whole list who merits any kind of discussion.

I do think Berbatov was world class, at least ability wise. Not gonna argue with anyone that say's he had more natural talent than Kane. I think that's obvious. But yeah, I'd still take a prime Kane over any of those on that list.

Berbatov was playing in a team for us for 2 seasons that basically came midtable both seasons. Kane has played a few seasons for us where we challenged for the league, and better players around him, hence more goals. Berba also turned up for us in a final against a superior team. The man was quality.

Berbatov was playing in a team for us for 2 seasons that basically came midtable both seasons. Kane has played a few seasons for us where we challenged for the league, and better players around him, hence more goals. Berba also turned up for us in a final against a superior team. The man was quality.

Berbatov in his entire career only had one season where he hit 20 league goals, for United. He got 12 for them the season before, and he had better teammates in that United side than Kane has ever had at Spurs.

He was a fantastically talented player. One of the best technically that I've seen. But as a CF, Kane will have a much greater legacy, and was much more effective throughout his career. If we're talking who I preferred watching, Berbatov. But being easy on the eye doesn't make you a better striker.

So you're saying he wasn't good enough to elevate us from a mid-table team to a very good one then, like Suarez did at Liverpool?

Berba didn’t have Winks and Siss behind him though!

I'd say the Tottenham team we had during Berbatov's time at the club was as good if not better than the one Kane has been part of for the last few years.

I do think Berbatov was world class, at least ability wise. Not gonna argue with anyone that say's he had more natural talent than Kane. I think that's obvious. But yeah, I'd still take a prime Kane over any of those on that list.

Ability wise sure. But he pressed even less than Kane does currently. Man was useless when we didn't have the ball.

If you're an absolute sucker for a technically gifted player, I could maybe see why you prefer Berbatov. But just in terms of who was a more effective out and out centre forward for club and country, it isn't particularly close.

I assume we're comparing prime Kane to prime Berba, right? And prime Kane would arguably be the guy who bagged 30 league goals whilst still being a pressing force from the front. He was an animal of a CF that season.

Back
Top Bottom