Come here to laugh at Nu-Castle

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't consider Newcastle a threat at this stage. I don't think any top players will take them seriously while Steve Bruce is their manager and I doubt they'll be able to offer CL football next season no matter who they bring in as manager. I think they should be throwing their hat in the ring for players like Haaland and Mbappe but I'll be surprised if they get them. I could see them making a play for Vlahovic but I think he'll prefer us over them at this stage because we've already got an established group of quality players and I think we're more likely to offer European football next season than Newcastle.

I know I'm tempting fate a bit here with our trip to St James's Park coming up soon but, as a neutral, I am excited for them. The 95/96 title race was one of the greatest dramas in football history and I would love to see moments like that again from Newcastle. Assuming the money is properly applied, and Amanda Staveley looks like she means business, Newcastle will be a player in the next five years or so.

As I've said elsewhere, I think there is a job for Steve Bruce to do at Norwich which is more within his ability and where he will hopefully be more valued and respected.

St James's Park is never an easy place to go and they'll want a win to celebrate their recent good fortune so they'll be giving everything they've got no matter what I say or do. Let's just hope that we're the measure of them.

Last edited:
Oh my God - just read that Salman/PIF partly owns Pfizer. I'm insisting that they remove that vaccine from me immediately.

The Tyneside club's new owners are set to sack Magpies manager Steve Bruce next week. (Sunday Mirror)

Assistant manager Graeme Jones is likely to take charge of Newcastle's game against Tottenham on Sunday, with Brighton's Graham Potter 'in the frame' to replace Bruce. (Star on Sunday)

The Potter links will be bullshit as it’s The Star but does anyone else think they are behaving in a particularly cuntish fashion towards Steve Bruce? Sacking him and replacing him with his right hand man is a bit of a two fingers up at him.

The Tyneside club's new owners are set to sack Magpies manager Steve Bruce next week. (Sunday Mirror)

Assistant manager Graeme Jones is likely to take charge of Newcastle's game against Tottenham on Sunday, with Brighton's Graham Potter 'in the frame' to replace Bruce. (Star on Sunday)
Interesting. I would have guessed they’d go for a more “mainstream” choice.
I thought they were going for a 1990s retro 'Keggy Keegle/Shearer' dream team combo....! No? ....ah well.

The lovely Amanda Staveley is a big part of this grubby Newcastle deal. I wiki'd her just now...

Apparently she 'went out with' Prince Andrew in 2003 (story is he proposed to her). That's not long after Prince Andrew doesn't remember being photographed with Virginia Roberts. I dare say some enterprising journo will be following this up, to see if there are any connections. Better be careful though - she has friends in very high places, and they don't mind topping people.

She’s not very well though and has Huntington’s disease that leads to dementia for which there is no known cure

Truly sorry to hear that. Dementia is an appallingly cruel prison sentence.
Good friend of mine in Scotland is in the latter stages of it and I truly wouldn’t wish that on anyone

Been doubly incontinent for a year now and has now totally lost mobility
Mid 70s and used to be CEO of some major companies in USA

How his Scottish wife copes I don’t know but I hope to go up and see them soon

We all have our problems but seeing him puts it all into perspective!
He likes playing Lego with me and Mrs B though!
Hasn’t caught me cheating once!

Good friend of mine in Scotland is in the latter stages of it and I truly wouldn’t wish that on anyone

Been doubly incontinent for a year now and has now totally lost mobility
Mid 70s and used to be CEO of some major companies in USA

How his Scottish wife copes I don’t know but I hope to go up and see them soon

We all have our problems but seeing him puts it all into perspective!
He likes playing Lego with me and Mrs B though!
Hasn’t caught me cheating once!
Yes. My Mum had it for over 3 years. Worst experience ever.

You'd better be straight
You'd better be male
You'd better shut up
Or you're going to jail

Bin Salman is coming to Toon
Bin Salman is coming to Toon
Bin Salman is coming, for YOUUUUUUUUU. (pointing towards away end)

:dude:

(tune of 'Santa Claus is coming to town')
Just added a new verse:

He knows who you've been calling,
He knows when you're alone.
He knows who you're undressing,
Because he's hacked your phone.

Back
Top Bottom