Are the morals of our owners important to you?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You haven't answered my two questions yet

Are you ashamed that our owner is 4th on the list of most immoral, henious owners, with only Newcastle, City and Chelsea's above.

And given your statement that a true fan should always support the whole club, not just the bits they like, would you still be supporting Spurs if WE had been taken over by the Saudi's.

You can keep running away if you like. But calling another poster a coward?

You do ask some stupid questions ..... it's a football thread so asking where a team might finish is clearly relevant, and credit to Raum he has now answered that question ...

You asking a spurious question about some fake imaginary list of heinous owners - frankly that just makes you look an idiot. Like everyone else on here without first hand knowledge of our owners, I can have no idea what he's like as a person, nor of course can you.

As for your second question, asked and answered several times, can't you read? I have said repeatedly that owners come and go and that I support the club, not the shareholders. As I suspect do 99.9% of all fans. Do you use petrol in your car? electricity in your house? you do of course know that 25% of the fuel used to make that likely comes from Saudi Arabia, has that thought ever crossed your tiny mind, or does your faux woke offense only apply to Spurs?

Had to laugh at the two placard waving morons outside the ground at the boxing with their ENIC out signs - a boxing match at an otherwise empty stadium generating our club millions in extra revenues, and those idiots think that's a bad thing - guess you can't fix stupid, hey John.

When it comes down to it, the question shouldn't be "ARE THE MORALS OF OUR OWNERS IMPORTANT TO YOU?"

It should be "Are the owners of the football club fit to wear the shirt?"

Maybe it's just me, but if the answer is no, it's time to go.

See Levy out thread.

When it comes down to it, the question shouldn't be "ARE THE MORALS OF OUR OWNERS IMPORTANT TO YOU?"

It should be "Are the owners of the football club fit to wear the shirt?"

Maybe it's just me, but if the answer is no, it's time to go.

See Levy out thread.
and if your answer is NO then do you then stop supporting the club? .... ask yourself do you support THFC or do you support ENIC/Daniel Levy?

That's your choice of course, but isn't that classic throwing out the baby with the bathwater.

Go look at every owner in the EPL - not one would pass most people's "Morale" test when examined to the nth degree - so ask yourself are the owner's morals really why we support our teams?

I'm not going to the Newcatle away game, but 100% I'll be at the home game in a white shirt covered in fake blood.

Vile that the Prem League should let anyone connected with Saudi take control of a club. I hear a lot about the murdered journalist, human rights abuses and oppression of women - but it's nothing compared to their actions in Yemen for the last few years.

I'm not going to the Newcatle away game, but 100% I'll be at the home game in a white shirt covered in fake blood.

Vile that the Prem League should let anyone connected with Saudi take control of a club. I hear a lot about the murdered journalist, human rights abuses and oppression of women - but it's nothing compared to their actions in Yemen for the last few years.
Yemen deaths 130,000 civilians
Afghanistan deaths 241,000 civilians

Do you put the US and the Combined NATO forces at an even worse level than the Saudis?

Will you wear a 'white shirt covered in fake blood' to any games where the owners are from the US or a UN Country .... which is nearly all of them ... just how far does your moralising go?

I'm not defending the vile regime in Saudi Arabia just pointing out the rank hypocrisy now on display ...

Do you put the US and the Combined NATO forces at an even worse level than the Saudis?

Will you wear a 'white shirt covered in fake blood' to any games where the owners are from the US or a UN Country .... which is nearly all of them ... just how far does your moralising go?

I'm not defending the vile regime in Saudi Arabia just pointing out the rank hypocrisy now on display ...
:nunofacepalm:

Let me know when the US government takes over a PL club.

Let me know when the US government takes over a PL club.

Why? are your morals flexible depending on who is to blame? surely they apply to all equally regardless of stature ...

PIF, PCP Capital Partners and RB Sports & Media are taking over Newcastle ... RB Sports and Media are a UK entity and will have UK Director with a seat on the 3 man board ...

So where are your blood soaked shirts for the UK .... or is that just a Saudi thing? 🎣

Last edited:
Why? are your morals flexible depending on who is to blame? surely they apply to all equally regardless of stature ...

PIF, PCP Capital Partners and RB Sports & Media are taking over Newcastle ... RB Sports and Media are a UK entity and will have UK Director with a seat on the 3 man board ...

So where are your blood soaked shirts for the UK .... or is that just a Saudi thing? 🎣
Bit confused. Are you basically saying that Daniel Levy invaded Afghanistan because he lives in the UK?

Newcattle - like it.

giphy.gif

Does the 'fishing' emoji at the end of your post suggest that you realise you're proposing a dumb argument?

Jesus H Christ

Fishing emoji also confirms trolling now

Vote cast

Moments Father GIF

Explaining for the 85th time that there's a difference in being owned by the Saudi government and crown prince, who are directly responsible for all manner of atrocities and being owned by someone who happens to be British or American

Nope you are misinformed ....

Tottenham Hotspur PLC is the holding company for the Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. This entirely stand alone company has raised funds, initially through loans but now converted into bonds, you are 100% wrong with your assertion that THFC don't own the stadium, of course THFC own the stadium indeed within the articles of THFC they are prevented from ever selling the stadium without a permanent replacement.

The only involvement ENIC have is via their ownership of shares in ENIC Sports and Development Holdings Limited, who own 85.55% of the shares in Tottenham Hotspur PLC.

You whole premise is thus completely wrong - but don't take my word for it it's all information readily available via Companies House.

As for "selling the club" of course that's not in truth how it works, ENIC can sell their shares and then shareholder control would change hands, THFC would however still remain an entirely stand alone company as it was before ENIC, and as it will be long after. It would just have different shareholders.

Hope that clears things up for you.
This is a good summary. The only clarification I would add to it is that THFC did not have enough financial standing to securitise the debt by themselves - and therefore ENIC had to become a financial guarantor to the banks for the debt owed by THFC. That is, ENIC put its balance sheet behind the THFC requirement for a loan from banks.

This is similar to some young people who when they need to buy their first house or car, need their parents to guarantee the loan to increase the credit worthiness of the transaction.

If and when ENIC sell their shareholding in THFC they will require the purchaser to take over their obligations to the banks, or alternatively refinance the debt as ENIC won’t want to act as financial guarantor if they don’t own the entity that owns the asset. That creates a slight complication for ENIC selling THFC.

This is a good summary. The only clarification I would add to it is that THFC did not have enough financial standing to securitise the debt by themselves - and therefore ENIC had to become a financial guarantor to the banks for the debt owed by THFC. That is, ENIC put its balance sheet behind the THFC requirement for a loan from banks.

This is similar to some young people who when they need to buy their first house or car, need their parents to guarantee the loan to increase the credit worthiness of the transaction.

If and when ENIC sell their shareholding in THFC they will require the purchaser to take over their obligations to the banks, or alternatively refinance the debt as ENIC won’t want to act as financial guarantor if they don’t own the entity that owns the asset. That creates a slight complication for ENIC selling THFC.
That was indeed the case when the initial loans were taken out, however when the stadium was completed the loans were converted into term bonds where the liability sits only with THFC, it has no guarantee from ENIC or any of their affiliates ... bonds are of course insured so there is limited investor risk should THFC collapse, the insurers having taking over the ENIC role.

This is the final offering for one of the bonds (185m) which covers all these details:

https://www.thfcorp.com/wp-content/...ding_No_3_Plc_-_Final_Offering_Circular__.pdf

Despite the waves of hate aimed at ENIC they have been very "morally" straight when it comes to keeping THFC entirely separate from any other ENIC venture. It would have been very easy for ENIC to have raised the club's funding from outside THFC (like the Dildo brothers at West Ham the Glaziers at Utd, and several more dodgy owners) then loaned that money to THFC at sizeable interest rates thereby sucking money out of the club year after year, but they didn't.

If they sold their shares and resigned from the board tomorrow it would make no material difference to the running off the club at all .... that's very unlikely to happen but if the right offer came along because of the fair way the business is set up it certainly could.

Last edited:
That was indeed the case when the initial loans were taken out, however when the stadium was completed the loans were converted into term bonds where the liability sits only with THFC, it has no guarantee from ENIC or any of their affiliates ... bonds are of course insured so there is limited investor risk should THFC collapse, the insurers having taking over the ENIC role.

This is the final offering for one of the bonds (185m) which covers all these details:

https://www.thfcorp.com/wp-content/...ding_No_3_Plc_-_Final_Offering_Circular__.pdf

Despite the waves of hate aimed at ENIC they have been very "morally" straight when it comes to keeping THFC entirely separate from any other ENIC venture. It would have been very easy for ENIC to have raised the club's funding from outside THFC (like the Dildo brothers at West Ham the Glaziers at Utd, and several more dodgy owners) then loaned that money to THFC at sizeable interest rates thereby sucking money out of the club year after year, but they didn't.

If they sold their shares and resigned from the board tomorrow it would make no material difference to the running off the club at all .... that's very unlikely to happen but if the right offer came along because of the fair way the business is set up it certainly could.
Thanks for clarifying. That makes total sense.

Back
Top Bottom