Are the morals of our owners important to you?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bosnia, Iraq, Afghanistan.

With the latter two, you claim you fought to make the world a better place - especially Iraq.? C'mon man...that was a criminal enterprise. Nothing to be proud of.

An aggressive war that left upto a million dead and Iraq as a country in ruins. In fact it ceased to exist at one point under its previous borders. Reminds me of the Saudis in Yemen.

With the latter two, you claim you fought to make the world a better place - especially Iraq.? C'mon man...that was a criminal enterprise. Nothing to be proud of.

An aggressive war that left upto a million dead and Iraq as a country in ruins. In fact it ceased to exist at one point under its previous borders. Reminds me of the Saudis in Yemen.
This probably is not the place for this conversation fazz but it did amaze me too!! And then to juxtapose this with a bloke feeding actual children in his own country like Rashford does. I found remarkable. Not killing folk for nominally grateful kids you do not know! I think its out right weird.

This probably is not the place for this conversation fazz but it did amaze me too!! And then to juxtapose this with a bloke feeding actual children in his own country like Rashford does. I found remarkable. Not killing folk for nominally grateful kids you do not know! I think its out right weird.

It's utter delusion. You may be a part of one of the biggest criminal and murderous endeavours in the last 20 years but its some guy trying to feed school children that is the real problem.

Yemen deaths 130,000 civilians
Afghanistan deaths 241,000 civilians

Do you put the US and the Combined NATO forces at an even worse level than the Saudis?

Will you wear a 'white shirt covered in fake blood' to any games where the owners are from the US or a UN Country .... which is nearly all of them ... just how far does your moralising go?

I'm not defending the vile regime in Saudi Arabia just pointing out the rank hypocrisy now on display ...

Ice Cube Reaction GIF

Do you put the US and the Combined NATO forces at an even worse level than the Saudis?

Will you wear a 'white shirt covered in fake blood' to any games where the owners are from the US or a UN Country .... which is nearly all of them ... just how far does your moralising go?

I'm not defending the vile regime in Saudi Arabia just pointing out the rank hypocrisy now on display ...
I’m extremely here for anti-colonialist critiques of US military hegemony, but not from Levy-humpers, that seems like a bizarre juxtaposition.

Perhaps you should blame politicians for any war fiasco and not the ordinary soldiers who served in them?

Shotgunofmichalebrow Shotgunofmichalebrow
English is not his first language so could be considered an easy target therefore perhaps show him some consideration?

I’m extremely here for anti-colonialist critiques of US military hegemony, but not from Levy-humpers, that seems like a bizarre juxtaposition.
It was a fishing expedition for the fools on here who will hate on anything given the opportunity - just look at who it reeled in and you will see what I mean - equating the US/UK illegal military action is of course not the same as Saudi Arabian tyranny, however in the end as I pointed out it's still always the civilians who pay the price.

The harsh fact is all governments will stoop to criminal actions, including sanctioned murders, if it suits their purpose - the examples are just too numerous to leave anyone in any doubt.

equating the US/UK illegal military action is of course not the same as Saudi Arabian tyranny
Nicaraguans (to choose one) might disagree, but in any event, I'm happy to take Raytheon's money if they want to buy Spurs.

The harsh fact is all governments will stoop to criminal actions, including sanctioned murders, if it suits their purpose - the examples are just too numerous to leave anyone in any doubt.
True. And a fine argument for excluding state-backed entities from owning clubs on general principle.

If not at least government sanctioned.

Not as if ol' Roman down the road probably had clean hands either.

I dunno, maybe it's just me but I don't think that any sort of government investment firm should be able to buy a football club.

It's almost as if their horse racing competition isn't enough and now there is a personal vendetta (?) Slash Mission (?) Between the owners of football clubs for trophies. And just like horses, our players are despenible and can be "taken to the glue factory" instead of being lauded as heroes by the people who actually care about the club.

But then again, I'm a chef, so what the fuck do I know when it comes to socio-sports matters.

Basically, this is our game now.
29064124_10156314549634343_5634022837241037598_o.jpg

I dunno, maybe it's just me but I don't think that any sort of government investment firm should be able to buy a football club.
29064124_10156314549634343_5634022837241037598_o.jpg
Same.

I have no problem with foreign investors in football. But I have a big issue with state/government owned clubs.

Roman is hella shady, but at the end of the day he is also an individual and not a state upon himself.
Even he is a step down from the new owners at Newcastle.

The truth is that once Liverpool lose Klopp, Salah , Mane and Van Dijk as well as one or two more they will be like us and that lot down the road.

We are moving most definitely into the second tier behind Chelsea, City United and soon Newcastle.

The Premier League even more is going to become a filthy play thing.

This country just legitimizes filth in pursuit of who knows what. Probably political agendas and econmic needs. It is disgusting and ultimately football will be kicked into the the long grass because actually it's becoming ridiculous.

Some will dismiss the Brexit element but it's also there. Little doubt in my opinion.

Just so corrupt but maybe I am jealous or hypocritical. Maybe we all are.

I sincerely hope not because it's less the morals of the owners of clubs, including ours but more about what I think is right and justified in the quest for a bit of glory.

Maybe that wanker Kane should recognise that.

Whataboutism.

Do the UK government own a football club? Or the US? Nope.

Back
Top Bottom