Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Harry Kane is brilliant and will score 20 league goals for us this season. For years and years he's gone through periods of looking like he's running in knee-deep sludge. The covid-break worked wonders for his body, he's a player uniquely unsuited to the relentless modern football schedule.

We should have made a deal with Man City for something over £100m to sell him and brought in Vlahovic, but we are where we are.
Never has he looked this bad this deep into a season though. Slow starter at times yes but we are now half way through October

It was properly average. Suarez had a great partner in Sturridge and Coutinho had quality, but otherwise it was abject mediocrity. Sterling was talented but even more wasteful than he is now, and Gerrard was ancient and only capable of sitting and being a set piece taker. Guys like Allen or Lucas Leiva filled the rest of the side.

Also had a horrendous backline. Flanagan was getting games (scored vs us lmao) and Skrtel, a geriatric Glen Johnson and flat nosed Mignolet were starters. The other cb was one of Agger/Sakho/K Toure. Just dreadful.

Suarez put in the best individual season of any PL player in history imo, absolutely carried them .. but wasn't enough.

Wasn’t it something like 30 league goals and over 20 assists… he was unstoppable

He's showing the typical drop in form of someone who didn't get the move they wanted in the summer.

He needs to get his head out of his arse and stop sulking like a child.

Also he needs to drop the "I'm a Spurs supporter" thing as well, anyone who's a true supporter of this club wouldn't leave for any money, much less to a league rival.

He's showing the typical drop in form of someone who didn't get the move they wanted in the summer.

Also he needs to drop the "I'm a Spurs supporter" thing as well, anyone who's a true supporter of this club wouldn't leave for any money, much less to a league rival.
Spot on.

oscars-standing-ovation.gif

Harry Kane is brilliant and will score 20 league goals for us this season. For years and years he's gone through periods of looking like he's running in knee-deep sludge. The covid-break worked wonders for his body, he's a player uniquely unsuited to the relentless modern football schedule.

We should have made a deal with Man City for something over £100m to sell him and brought in Vlahovic, but we are where we are.

well... blame Levy for that.

Kane is great... just not that great when it counts (anonymous in 3 finals game) .

Mancity are not our rivals though. Our rivals are Everton, Villa, Leicester,Arse etc.

Harry Kane is brilliant and will score 20 league goals for us this season.
I'll take that bet. We are past the 2nd intl break and he still looks garbage. And beyond that we still look garbage and don't look like creating a goal for him. 20 league goals is going to be a big ask. And if he continues to play like this there will be a groundswell of sentiment to sit his lumbering ass down.

I actually don't want to see too many more games like tonight. If we are to get rid for any decent price we need him to at least look like he's played before. But if we have no intention of getting rid then I welcome whatever is to come. Stupid choices should have painful consequences.
We should have made a deal with Man City for something over £100m to sell him and brought in Vlahovic,
Yes we should have but not too sure Vlahovic should have been the guy. Seems like a frying pan and fire type situation for more than one reason not the least of which is it would have guaranteed the 1 striker situation continuing. It sure would be nice to sit Harry down this wknd for a player that could actually run.

It’s amazing that some people are surprised by his form

Every season, at some point, Kane plays like this. You let a goal or an assist blind you and make you think that playing like this but scoring means he’s world class.

So, so strange that it takes him not scoring for everyone to see the whole 90 minutes of shite

Oops I mean 75 minutes.
Well done Gareth let’s hope it sets a precedent

It’s amazing that some people are surprised by his form

Every season, at some point, Kane plays like this. You let a goal or an assist blind you and make you think that playing like this but scoring means he’s world class.

So, so strange that it takes him not scoring for everyone to see the whole 90 minutes of shite

Oops I mean 75 minutes.
Well done Gareth let’s hope it sets a precedent
His performance today is more or less who he is. He plays like this virtually every game but when he scores a penalty or tap in, he's suddenly world class.

Had he scored a penalty or tap in today and did nothing else, the narrative in the media would have been "that's who Kane is... he just needs that one chance...he's absolutely world class."

I'm not trying to be harsh but I honestly don't know what Kane's actually good/elite at at this point in his career other than being clever at times and being at the right place at the right time.

Back
Top Bottom