Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Yeah the 'he wants to go so he's going to play badly now' is a terrible excuse. I'll add Suarez to your examples - he was absolutely furious at Liverpool for not selling him, then went and put in what can be argued is the best individual season ever seen in the premier league.

Players who want moves don't suddenly become bad at football. They get their heads down and get the move later on.

....IF (and it is merely an if AFIIC) that's what Harry's up to then he really is lifting the lid on the true personality beneath the 'triffic lad' veneer.

I tend to think it's more likely it's just fucked with his head in the short-term. Seen it before with players like Eriksen..... Some players don't cope well with contractual uncertainty/disruption.

That's a problem. We did clearly try for some of the aforementioned options, but it should have been a priority over other deals.

The club gambled on Kane being enough for another season, and so far it isn't paying off. I'll be fair to Levy and say clearly attempts were made to secure a couple of options, and perhaps we weren't interested in settling for a 3rd or 4th choice for a big fee.

But the longer term problem of zero CF depth has been mismanagement, there's no doubting it.
You are kind and charitable. I'm sure there was a time not so long ago where I would have been desirous of extending such an olive branch in DL's direction. Seen too much and am too cynical...but he's earned it in my eyes.

A quick 'for instance'...Conte. As if that was ever real and not some 'bukakke theatre' to appease the masses that we were really 'going for it'.

*I know it's Kabuki but bukakke fits better

Yeah, Sammy, but these points don't mean as much as points later in the season. What's wrong with you? How do you now know that?
It’s definitely odd when every season he has a dip, but he starts playing well again or just scoring again in a lot of cases, people react as if the three months of poor games didn’t exist

If Spurs are shit for half the season (like every season) does going on a good run mean we were good the whole time?
Of course not.

But with Kane, it means just that

:avbcringe:

I doubt he's sabotaging his performances, I imagine he is just completely demotivated.

He was mentally preparing to go to a team who are capable of winning things and now ended up with our shower and no trophies for the remainder of his career.

I'm not saying I agree, but it should be the manager who motivates the team.

If we had shown any sort of ambition with our manager hunt I imagine Kane would be playing better alongside the rest of our team.

Instead Levy has chosen mediocrity and stadium income

I wonder if City not moving heaven and earth for Harry fucked with his head?

He's always seen himself as one of the best strikers in the world, on par with Messi and Ronaldo. A player that you pay what you have to pay for etc etc.

To probably be getting assurances that City would pay what was needed from his brother all summer, and then these sums not materializing probably hurt his ego in some way.

I doubt he's sabotaging his performances, I imagine he is just completely demotivated.

He was mentally preparing to go to a team who are capable of winning things and now ended up with our shower and no trophies for the remainder of his career.

I'm not saying I agree, but it should be the manager who motivates the team.

If we had shown any sort of ambition with our manager hunt I imagine Kane would be playing better alongside the rest of our team.

Instead Levy has chosen mediocrity and stadium income
The motivation should be exactly that bolder part.
Play well enough to justify the ludicrous price tag, show some respect and be responsible.
He’s supposed to be a captain.

He’s playing as if he knows he’s going to PSG in January

Last edited:
You are kind and charitable. I'm sure there was a time not so long ago where I would have been desirous of extending such an olive branch in DL's direction. Seen too much and am too cynical...but he's earned it in my eyes.

A quick 'for instance'...Conte. As if that was ever real and not some 'bukakke theatre' to appease the masses that we were really 'going for it'.

*I know it's Kabuki but bukakke fits better

I'm fully Levy out, and thoroughly dislike the man. I just occasionally try to be balanced, depending on what day it is.

The Conte stuff was indeed all theatre. I remember reading about it and thinking it made zero sense at the time. Manager who demands about 200m a season and has just left Inter for not getting his wish moves to club infamous for having a chairman reluctant to give up funds. Just silly stuff.

He's always seen himself as one of the best strikers in the world, on par with Messi and Ronaldo. A player that you pay what you have to pay for etc etc.

To probably be getting assurances that City would pay what was needed from his brother all summer, and then these sums not materializing probably hurt his ego in some way.
I think you have hit the nail on the head there.

I'm fully Levy out, and thoroughly dislike the man. I just occasionally try to be balanced, depending on what day it is.

The Conte stuff was indeed all theatre. I remember reading about it and thinking it made zero sense at the time. Manager who demands about 200m a season and has just left Inter for not getting his wish moves to club infamous for having a chairman reluctant to give up funds. Just silly stuff.
We do have to put up with that shit every season. Always a big name linked or whatever followed by bugger all. I almost don't bother with it all now.

Almost ...

Especially after they paid £100m for Grielish. You'd think his haircut alone would knock at least £20m off the price tag.

I think you have hit the nail on the head there.
He needs someone to sit him down and set him straight. Help him get his head back in the game. He shouldn't be sulking right now. He should be a man on a mission looking to prove that City missed out on him.

But if he is mentally checked out and still waiting for Papa Pep then I don't think that there is anyone in our team that can do that to him. Not Hugo, not Son, not Dele etc. Especially if Charlie is still ensuring him that he will get the move for him.

He probably shouldn’t have done that to be fair

:avbshit:

'I want to score 60, 70 or 80 goals a season'

Vine Ok GIF

He needs someone to sit him down and set him straight. Help him get his head back in the game. He shouldn't be sulking right now. He should be a man on a mission looking to prove that City missed out on him.

But if he is mentally checked out and still waiting for Papa Pep then I don't think that there is anyone in our team that can do that to him. Not Hugo, not Son, not Dele etc. Especially if Charlie is still ensuring him that he will get the move for him.
I would say Poch would be good for that, but maybe he has hopes of signing him? Maybe even Jose, Harry was one of the squad that rated him apparently. I don't know, but looking at this from his side and also from a purely selfish Tottenham one(which as fans we have the right to do) He isn't doing anybody any favours at the moment.

I would say Poch would be good for that, but maybe he has hopes of signing him? Maybe even Jose, Harry was one of the squad that rated him apparently. I don't know, but looking at this from his side and also from a purely selfish Tottenham one(which as fans we have the right to do) He isn't doing anybody any favours at the moment.
Poch probably could have. It depends on how their relationship was towards the end.
Jose 100% would have galvanized Kane. Those two loved each other.

He's definitely not doing anyone any favours right now. We need the team to be galvanized and that includes Harry. He cannot be allowed to do less than is expected of him. Everyone has to pull in the same direction.

Maybe Kane has personal doubts over things like fitness etc. Perhaps he knew this was his window of opportunity. He probably knew the new generation of strikers were coming through and if he didn't move this season that was it, window shut.

You're maybe seeing a man who thinks his chance of team glories have gone and he's now going through the motions.

Back
Top Bottom