Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Maybe Kane has personal doubts over things like fitness etc. Perhaps he knew this was his window of opportunity. He probably knew the new generation of strikers were coming through and if he didn't move this season that was it, window shut.
There's a healthy chance he's been bricked. If so, he needs a reboot. Maybe on the continent to get away from his (and our own) mess.

What I don't want is Levy clinging on to him. If he starts playing well again, take the money and reinvest. If he continues to descend, take the money and reinvest. Kane's time with us is done.

I've seen much of what you describe in the second paragraph for the last few years, despite him putting up good numbers.

Physically he looks shot and I do think he is a major factor in why we completely fell off as a pressing team at the end of Poch's reign.

I rarely see him win duels with decent (or average) defenders these days.

I thought we should have kept him because 75m was simply too low an offer and according to reports thats the highest bid that came in. Would we be better off now with Vlahovic in there instead? Who knows.

Kane's physical decline is a real worry but we all know how good his passing and finishing is so I'm still hopeful he has a good season once the team gets settled with the South American contingent and Nunoball kicks off.
Now he’s physically shot perhaps he should follow my trajectory as age and doughnuts have caught up? Winger to CF, to DM to sweeper to barely-moving CB (and, tbf, quite happy to go in goal of it means I get a break?).

It wasn't ideal by any stretch. I just also think City are to blame for the way they went about it, and Kane himself was an absolute moron and I'm pretty sure ended up making Levy more keen on keeping him at the club. This is why you don't hire your moron brother as your agent, Harry. He has photos of you everywhere in his office .. it's weird mate.

And personally I've always said Levy gets a lot of credit for being hard to deal with, when that is a very double edged sword. It's pissed a lot of people negotiating with us off. It's all well and good when you're looking at deals like Bale, but he's cost us on other sales and purchases.
Tbf - as said before - had City offered anything near the equivalent to Bale money, they would have had him. Reality is, they were trying to make weight with players and all kinds of nonsense. Fuckers - only decent thing out of the SaudiToon horror-show is that someone will be able to outbid them on everything.

Well
Well yeah, that's Levy. I think he probably thought he was making a stand against City's tactics, and he probably felt he'd 'won' when the transfer window shut. But I believe the reports of Levy not even negotiating only came out with like a week left. City didn't exactly leave us much time to get a replacement.

But the other facts were he had 3 years left, had just been the league's top scorer + assister, hadn't had injury issues all season, is still only in his twenties for a CF, and is the star man + figurehead of the club. So we were entitled as a club to expect a fair fee, something higher than City paid for a 25 year old creative player who was barely in the England side yet.

My biggest gripe would be whether he was refusing to properly negotiate from the start, which wouldn't surprise me at all. If he had it in his head he was going to keep Kane regardless, then he's properly screwed us.
by refusing to speak to City then I would say that’s not good negotiation!!

He seems to be getting marked out of games too easily - perhaps he’s worried about his ankles with one eye on moving elsewhere? Seems to be a shadow.
I think 100% this. We all know a January move isn't likely, but on the off chance he isn't wanting to risk getting ruled out for a few months and scuppering that.

He's not jumping, pressing, sprinting or anything. Or for England.

I think he's just fed up. He missed out on a new job he really wanted. Now he's stuck in the same place he wanted to leave and going through the motions.

We've all been there. We just don't get 200K a week to do it.

I think he's just fed up. He missed out on a new job he really wanted. Now he's stuck in the same place he wanted to leave and going through the motions.

We've all been there. We just don't get 200K a week to do it.

Exactly. At some point the penny will drop, he'll accept the situation and he'll get back on the horse. He may not be the player he once was, but it was only last season he showed that he could still be a top player.

lol

They absolutely aren't

Yeah, players who want to leave a club so badly they hand in official requests to do so often keep it quiet from the media. Wouldn’t want to cause a stir.

Are you deliberately trying to be dense, or is it just coming naturally? If you have no rational thoughts to offer, don’t say a thing. And stop following me in to threads to say something stupid and get it sent to clutter.

This is where I stand. The 'city are offering 100m+' and 'levy isn't negotiating' rumours in the media came within the last week or so.

Who do we go for then? Nobody wants to sell their top class CF with a week to go. Fiorentina would've mugged us off for Vlahovic, who at this point could still be a flash in the pan, and would have been moving to a much different league, being expected to replace Kane. That doesn't sound smart to me.

City left us in a shit situation. Now maybe Levy could have done more earlier in the window, but I can't really say for sure (none of us can) because we have no idea how their negotiating tactics went at that point.
But according to some sources City never made any offer and that was all speculation

They enquired after tapping Kane up
Levy refused to talk to them
Kane threw a hissy

And here we are still playing an alleged legend who doesn’t want to be here and doesn’t want to play for us and judging from last nights shitshow, for his country!

#oneofourown

Back
Top Bottom