Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Let's not forget he didn't slap in a transfer request too, which is what most players who want out do as a final push for a transfer.
Not nowadays

They did about ten + years ago but they won’t get a loyalty bonus now

Kane is just a snake as his bonus would have been made back up in his signing on fee

Ask Charlie 😉

Yeah the 'he wants to go so he's going to play badly now' is a terrible excuse. I'll add Suarez to your examples - he was absolutely furious at Liverpool for not selling him, then went and put in what can be argued is the best individual season ever seen in the premier league.

Players who want moves don't suddenly become bad at football. They get their heads down and get the move later on.
So are you saying that Kane doesn’t want to go?

If so explain his shit form and effort

So are you saying that Kane doesn’t want to go?

If so explain his shit form and effort

I don't think he's deliberately playing poorly.

As for his shit form, I think it's a variety of factors. Mentally I don't think he's quite there after the summer, he had a total mare and it ended up with him staying at the club but pissing off the fans. It shook him, and then he started the season slowly, missed pre season and hasn't been able to get going since. From there it's easy to see how it could go badly for him, his confidence looks down at the moment and he's not a player with great physical attributes, so when his form is down he can offer very little.

But that's the issue. When it isn't going his way he needs to be putting in maximum effort and showing he's still a presence. Instead he's barely part of games and is lumbering around. Again, I don't think it's deliberate, we've seen him have these kind of games before. But now the goals aren't happening for him. A combination of factors are leading to him just not being himself.

And yeah, I do think he wants to go. But wanting to go doesn't = you play terrible for the club you're at. The Suarez example was of a player who clearly wanted to leave Liverpool, didn't get his move, but spent the next season playing brilliantly before earning a move to Barca. Kane needs to get it together soon or he won't be earning a move anywhere, and I don't think that's good for either him or us.

But according to some sources City never made any offer and that was all speculation

They enquired after tapping Kane up
Levy refused to talk to them
Kane threw a hissy

And here we are still playing an alleged legend who doesn’t want to be here and doesn’t want to play for us and judging from last nights shitshow, for his country!

#oneofourown

I thought 75m+ add ons was the confirmed offer? I may be wrong.

My understanding was they made that offer officially somewhat early, then it was all rumours of fees of 100/120 being offered, until the last week of the window where we heard Levy didn't even want to talk to them, and Guardiola came out and basically said they wanted him but Spurs weren't negotiating.

And we're being forced to play him due to bad squad building in the past leaving us with only one recognised CF. I want him dropped for Newcastle but it's not ideal, we have no other real striker. Our other two attackers that we'll play alongside Son won't score enough.

It's crap all round. And it's so bloody sad that Kane's ruined his legacy at the club in this way.

Relax tedious child......

Evidently he did more than one interview.... I stand corrected. It wouldn't be the first time some twitter/media mob stirred the pot would it? No TFC conspiracy required.

As for my integrity; it's you that was LYING about why they were binned just the other day.

....And you really ought to come up with your own memes. Stealing tired cliches from burned out trolls really is a sad sad look.
You're the more ignored poster on this forum. Why do you even post on here?

Look, he’s playing awful this season and clearly something is up
Yes, he's just not a great player as some fans tend to believe. It's just more obvious now. There's nothing more to it. He'll score in bunches against inferior teams like Mura and Pacos so he's clearly trying. As of recent, people are noticing his flaws because there hasn't been a penalty or tap in to bail him out. Had he scored a penalty yesterday, the narrative would have been, "Kane just needs one chance... he's absolutely world class."

don’t let your agenda get in the way of that mate.
My agenda is to get us back to playing top 4 football and I've maintained the position that we are better off without Kane and using the proceeds to invest in other areas. Our stats/record have shown that we are better off without Kane as long as Son is playing.

It’s easy for you and Sammy to jump all over this when he’s playing crap screaming “we were right all along”.
My position on Kane is that he's a flat track bully and scores in bunches against inferior teams but struggles against better opposition. I am 100% correct about that. We will never win anything with a player like that. Taking Messi/Ronaldo out of the picture, look at Benzema, Salah, Mbappe, Lewa... they all score when it matters. Our own Son performs at a significantly higher rate than Kane and he plays with the same teammates, manager etc.

In a 11 v 11 game with the world's best, the fate of the universe on the line, Kane would never make that team or the reserves . Why? Because he just doesn't have the ability to match up and go toe to toe with quality defenders.

Being clever and being in the right place at the right time will only take you so far.

I find he contributes some very good posts. I dunno why/who has ignored him but that's up to them. It's a forum, not everyone is going to get along.
There's a thread showing the most ignored users on this forum and Airfixx is on the top of that list. Yet he has 50k posts in just a couple of years, thinking everyone reads them...

Anyway, back to Harry Kane and addressing the speculation that I'm Sammy lol

Last edited:
There's a thread showing the most ignored users on this forum and he's on the top of that list. Yet he has 50k posts in just a couple of years, thinking people read them...

Anyway, back to Harry Kane and addressing the speculation that I'm Sammy lol

If you are it's incredible dedication and I can only salute you for it.

Catastrophic miscalculation by Daniel Greedy that will set the club back a decade at least.
He should have been sold. Anyone who thinks otherwise is deluded.

We sniffed Martinez and Vlahavic, 5 in 7 for the former 4+1 in 7 for the latter.
We could have sold Kane and bought either or both and now we'll never get the same offer and those 2 will go up in value so we'll get neither.

But people still think we should have refused to sell for less than a silly number made up in their heads.
Well. Fucking. Done.

What happens if Man City come for Son next summer, do we act like pussies and sell too?
Or come for Skipp in 3 years time, do we sell then too?

Not selling Kane in the summer was about the bigger picture and not selling out to bullies. Thats not how you deal with them. You deal with them by not giving in. It was bigger than one player. Pretty obvious really.

Yeah, players who want to leave a club so badly they hand in official requests to do so often keep it quiet from the media. Wouldn’t want to cause a stir.

Are you deliberately trying to be dense, or is it just coming naturally? If you have no rational thoughts to offer, don’t say a thing. And stop following me in to threads to say something stupid and get it sent to clutter.
Nothing is ever announced in public by players - stop lying please

Do you have any clue the NDOs they sign with clubs

The definition of 'World Class' is loosely thrown around here. Here's how I define it.

In a 11 v 11 game today, with the fate of the universe on the line, who are the best 22 players that would be selected. You can go with any formation you'd like.

Kane would not be on anyone's list from 2018 onwards.

If it were an 11 v 11 game with the best 11 playing Mura or Pacos, I think I might actually consider Kane for my 11 because he's a world class flat track bully. But against good defenders? No chance in hell he'd be in my list of top 10 attackers.

What happens if Man City come for Son next summer, do we act like pussies and sell too?
Or come for Skipp in 3 years time, do we sell then too?

Not selling Kane in the summer was about the bigger picture and not selling out to bullies. Thats not how you deal with them. You deal with them by not giving in. It was bigger than one player. Pretty obvious really.
Depends what Son does.
If he said he wanted to go, pissed off on holiday, refused to come back on time, didn't set any records straight then yes.
Get as much as we can, get rid, move on.

Keeping players against their will does not help us.

Back
Top Bottom