Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The only clown here is yourself, virgin boy. I mean you have at least two accounts and like your own posts, for fucks sake.
I’ll always remember this quite fondly, just days ago:

You also make him sound like he's bang average at times.

Followed by this one yesterday

there's no getting away from the fact that Kane's movement is dog shit and has been for a fair while now.

Sammy is me. Don't let him tell you otherwise.

In other news, Harry Kane isn't world class and has never been.

Harry Kane was absolutely a world class striker from 2016-2018. 40 goals in all comps in 16/17 with 30 in the league with 7 assists, and 29 in the league season after that. He was also still a real pressing force, his passing etc wasn't as good as it was last season but he was a problem aside from goals. He also had one of the best goalscoring records of any player in CL history and netted against Dortmund, Barcelona, Juventus with a fantastic performance vs Madrid too.

Harry Kane was absolutely a world class striker from 2016-2018. 40 goals in all comps in 16/17 with 30 in the league with 7 assists, and 29 in the league season after that. He was also still a real pressing force, his passing etc wasn't as good as it was last season but he was a problem aside from goals. He also had one of the best goalscoring records of any player in CL history and netted against Dortmund, Barcelona, Juventus with a fantastic performance vs Madrid too.
Depends how you define world class. How do you define world class? Here's how I define it

In a 11 v 11 game today, with the fate of the universe on the line, who are the best 22 players that would be selected. You can go with any formation you'd like.

He has been for the last 3 years. Kane won our POTY last year and deservingly so but Son will win it 3 out of the last 4 years. He clearly has been our best/most important player.

Kane's deteriorating.

It remains to be seen. Nobody was really complaining and saying he was deteriorating last season. Just that he was evolving as a player. For a couple of months he looked like the best player in the world arguably, outside of Messi and Ronaldo. He didn't quite sustain that obviously but he still finished with fantastic stats however you look at it. I refuse to believe he's suddenly got so bad and lost his ability in a few months.

T
It remains to be seen. Nobody was really complaining and saying he was deteriorating last season. Just that he was evolving as a player. For a couple of months he looked like the best player in the world arguably, outside of Messi and Ronaldo. He didn't quite sustain that obviously but he still finished with fantastic stats however you look at it. I refuse to believe he's suddenly got so bad and lost his ability in a few months.
And there was a period of 3-4 months where dele looked like he was back but yeah... we know what happened there.

I’ll always remember this quite fondly, just days ago:

Followed by this one yesterday

Movement isn't absolutely everything in football, numb nuts. I've not once said this season at any point that Kane's movement has been anything, as I don't recall me even commenting on it. Yet again you're completely twisting what people actually say and making up stuff in your weird fucking head.

The thing is, he showed world class form.
And can be on his day.

Time has shown he isn’t world class.
I’m not sure world class players stop being world class during their peak years.

If Ronaldo turned into Nkoudou when he was 26, nobody would say he is a world class player because he was good once

Movement isn't absolutely everything in football, numb nuts. I've not once said this season at any point that Kane's movement has been anything, as I don't recall me even commenting on it. Yet again you're completely twisting what people actually say and making up stuff in your weird fucking head.
Yet you would still drop him?

Oh that’s right, his shooting, pressing, attitude and touch is also fucking shit

Depends how you define world class. How do you define world class? Here's how I define it

In a 11 v 11 game today, with the fate of the universe on the line, who are the best 22 players that would be selected. You can go with any formation you'd like.

I'm not a huge fan of that definition because sometimes you can have 5 world-class level centre forwards in the world, then next generation only one or two. The players missing out from the previous gen were still world class .. just unfortunate to play in an era where one position was stacked. For example we had a ridiculously insane generation for midfielders with Xavi, Iniesta, Gerrard, Lampard, Scholes, Busquets, Pirlo and so many others all playing at the same time. Now there's nowhere near that depth of talent.

But in 16/17 or 17/18 I think you can make a very decent argument that Kane earned the right to be in a world's best 22. He was very, very good .. 40 goals in all competitions is exceptional, and he actually did score in quite a few big games then too.

Yet you would still drop him?

Oh that’s right, his shooting, pressing, attitude and touch is also fucking shit

Well, that's my point. If he was doing the other things he's capable of well then a lack of movement wouldn't stand out so much. But his touch is poor at the moment, he's not winning headers and he's not pinging passes all over the pitch like he's shown that he can do when he has dropped deep.

The thing is, he showed world class form.
And can be on his day.

Time has shown he isn’t world class.
I’m not sure world class players stop being world class during their peak years.

If Ronaldo turned into Nkoudou when he was 26, nobody would say he is a world class player because he was good once

Back to back seasons of world-class performances isn't form. During that period he was playing at a world class level for a CF. He then had ankle injuries which made him slow down with the pressing and become more of the kind of forward we see now.

In 19/20 I think someone could make an argument for him being in a world 22 as well. He made the Ballon d'or list, so it's not just Spurs fans who think it. Probably on the bench with Lewandowski starting in the 11, but that version of Kane was in the debate.

Personally I'm not a fan of the modern version of Kane, but I much prefer a more combative, dynamic forward.

I'm not a huge fan of that definition because sometimes you can have 5 world-class level centre forwards in the world, then next generation only one or two. The players missing out from the previous gen were still world class .. just unfortunate to play in an era where one position was stacked. For example we had a ridiculously insane generation for midfielders with Xavi, Iniesta, Gerrard, Lampard, Scholes, Busquets, Pirlo and so many others all playing at the same time. Now there's nowhere near that depth of talent.

But in 16/17 or 17/18 I think you can make a very decent argument that Kane earned the right to be in a world's best 22. He was very, very good .. 40 goals in all competitions is exceptional, and he actually did score in quite a few big games then too.
In every other major team sport in the world, that's how they define it, more or less. For instance, in the NBA, NHL, NFL and MLB, there's a exhibition/friendly with the world's best players. Players that get selected to the game are called All-Stars or Pro Bowlers instead of 'World Class.' Players that don't make one of the teams are simply just called a 'good player' or some variation of that.

If a game like that was held in football, 11v11, Kane would most likely not make that game, even in 2016/2017.

You're the more ignored poster on this forum.

One of, but so are most of the mugs that go out of their way to cunt me off......

Don't sell yourself short though... I'm sure you're swiftly climbing the charts. 👍

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom