Dele

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I find the negativity towards Dele rather strange. In our opening 3 games he was very good, playing outside of his normal position. Made some important defensive contributions and worked non stop.

The whole team didn't perform against Palace, and the turnaround in the 2nd half of the Chelsea game was due to Kante marking Dele out of the game.

Agree that against Woolwich he was woeful - but to be fair; so was the entire squad due to the tactics adopted.

4-2-3-1 seems to be our strongest formation. Son / Kane and Moura seem to be nailed on starters for now and Holjberg/Skipp are proving to be a formidable duo. So that only leaves 1 stop for GCL, Dele and Ndombele to compete. 3 very different players; with 3 different skills sets.

We saw against Villa that Ndombele just doesn't do enough. No tracking back, no showing for the ball - If he popped up with a goal or assist every game this could be forgiven, but for me he doesn't do enough to warrant a start.

Still a big role for Dele to play for us this season.

He wasn't very good. He was decent. He worked hard. But he was only "very good" if you compare his performances to the usual rot he produces more often than not these days. The Dele Alli of years ago is never coming back, certainly not in a Spurs shirt.

I think he only has himself to blame for the way his career is panning out.

Levy: 80 million or forget about it

:levylol:

Ugh you know he'll try.

But why the fuck not. Financial Fair Play is an absolute joke so let's take them oil tycoons to the bank.

We may as well sell the whole fucking team at this point. Not like Levy is ever going to cough up the money to be able to compete with the likes of foreign investment firms.

Dele is shocking
I've been saying it for the past year.

He got dropped and we play well.

He slows this team down. This is the problem. He can't pass , he can't dribble well , his shooting is appauling. What does he actually do?

Run about? I'll go down to Watford and ask for Sissoko back if you want someone to run about.

He can't change game and he can't threaten an opposition.

So so poor and anonymous recently and even against NS Mura didn't look great against a really bad team. He doesn't fit into this team. I wish this club and some of our fans (not really people on this forum but people on twitter , some journalists etc..) would stop thinking he'll come back or saying he's good. He's not and he's not coming back. He's been out of form not for weeks but YEARS.
I thought after the first couple of games he was showing signs of wanting his football
career back, but sadly that looks like it was was a false dawn….A move in January might be best for all parties.
Such a shame for a very talented promising player…When his career is over he will have regrets, and I hope he figures out who is to blame….

I thought after the first couple of games he was showing signs of wanting his football
career back, but sadly that looks like it was was a false dawn….A move in January might be best for all parties.
Such a shame for a very talented promising player…When his career is over he will have regrets, and I hope he figures out who is to blame….
He is going nowhere, no one will take him on 100 grand a week

We said that about Sissoko too, getting that 100k a week or 10+ million in wages could be worth selling him for a modest transfer fee or simply tearing up his contract…
He wanted to go on loan last year but was refused. Maybe a swap deal with somebody is an option. But the clubs he thinks he should be playing for probably aren't going to be interested in him and the clubs who will take him probably don't have players we want.

My guess is he hangs around till the summer doing very little. Such a waste of a career though.

He wanted to go on loan last year but was refused. Maybe a swap deal with somebody is an option. But the clubs he thinks he should be playing for probably aren't going to be interested in him and the clubs who will take him probably don't have players we want.

My guess is he hangs around till the summer doing very little. Such a waste of a career though.
I am sure Levy wanted a Loan fee and a decent chunk of his wages paid? And who in their right mind would pay a loan fee and 50k a week for Dele in his current state. 50k a week to watch him post on instagram and float around the pitch trying a back heel there.
he will hang around until 2024 as he is on 100 grand a week till then. Why would he leave?

I want to be constructive on Dele but fact is, he hasn't cracked double digit goals in a season across all competitions in over 3 yrs. This is the same guy that scored 18 goals in the PL alone when he was 19/20 years old.

Quite a shocking fall/decline for Dele.

Anybody see the dumb fake chicken investment promotion Dele did this past week? He talked about needing to learn how to invest as he was looking beyond football to retirement- and coming to the conclusion that he would therefore invest in a new fake chicken meat company. I just thought to myself- “Dele you’re not even in your late 20s. How about you just learn how to pass the ball a bit better instead?”

I want to be constructive on Dele but fact is, he hasn't cracked double digit goals in a season across all competitions in over 3 yrs. This is the same guy that scored 18 goals in the PL alone when he was 19/20 years old.

Quite a shocking fall/decline for Dele.

To be fair, he has not made that many appearances in that time, with a lot of his games playing with the 'cup team'

If Dele was playing up top with Kane, Son, and Ndombele behind he would for sure get double digit goals, but Nuno prefers a pacey winger (ala Moura/Bergjwin/Gil) at this time.

If we are chasing a goal with 20 minutes to go, we could do a lot worse than bringing in Dele in place of one of our defensive midfielders (Skipp/Holjberg).

And of course, if Kane were to be injured, playing Dele up top with Son would likely be our best option for goals.

I'm sure he will play midweek with service from Davies, Doherty, Winks and Gil - and everyone will be calling for his head if he doesn't net a hattrick.

Back
Top Bottom