Supporters Trust Demands Meeting with Board

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

You claimed the muti-field capability delayed the stadium by 2 years and added £500M in debt. That is simply not true.

Construction was delayed largely early by land acquisition issues and laterly by finishes and health & safety permitting. Yes, the costs over ran the budget. Its rare that I ever work in a project that ever meets a schematic level budget...it just doesn't often happen. Have a dig through the internet for conceptual level information on any large construction project and compare published forecasts to actual final costs.

The final delay was down to the fire alarm wiring wasn't it, didn't all the wiring have to be ripped out and replaced?

Plenty of spammers at the time saying they'd done it on purpose.

Construction was delayed by owners who wanted to build the best multi use sports arena in at least the UK, if not Europe,

To be able to host anything from Football, to NFL, to Boxing, to Music, it takes a lot of compromise. It's a jack of all trades and a master of none as a result.
And absolutely no doubt, we could have built a more simple stadium, for half the cost, in a fraction of the time if the sole aim was to increase capacity and have a few nice corporate lounges.

But Daniel Greedy kept getting Greedier and as a result, it took longer, cost more (debt) and potentially sucked the soul out of the football side.

Construction was delayed by owners who wanted to build the best multi use sports arena in at least the UK, if not Europe,

To be able to host anything from Football, to NFL, to Boxing, to Music, it takes a lot of compromise. It's a jack of all trades and a master of none as a result.
And absolutely no doubt, we could have built a more simple stadium, for half the cost, in a fraction of the time if the sole aim was to increase capacity and have a few nice corporate lounges.

But Daniel Greedy kept getting Greedier and as a result, it took longer, cost more (debt) and potentially sucked the soul out of the football side.

That's terrible - fancy wanting to build Tottenham Hotspur Football Club arguably the best stadium in the world - what utter cunts.

Now Covid is passing and it can be utilised to the full THFC will have to put up with 10's of millions in additional revenue - poor bastards.

That's terrible - fancy wanting to build Tottenham Hotspur Football Club arguably the best stadium in the world - what utter cunts.

Now Covid is passing and it can be utilised to the full THFC will have to put up with 10's of millions in additional revenue - poor bastards.

Best at what?
It hasn't got the best atmosphere, that's for sure.
It hasn't got the best pricing, unless your Daniel Greedy, that's for sure.
It hasn't got the easiest access, the sweaty mess at Level 5 knows that's for sure
It hasn't got the best facilities for having a piss and getting food/drink at HT, the massive queues know for sure.
Other than the bird on top of the south stand, it doesn't even really have anything Spursy, so it's pretty neutral at best.

So what exactly is it best at?

Give me a 100% purpose built football stadium any day. Give me a place where you can get the max number of people a piss and a pint at half time any day, not posh individual waterless toilets and, sorry to say, too many ladies toilets given the proportion of them per person at the game. Give me quicker staff with less to chose from to keep the queues moving.

We're not getting what we were promised other than bled fucking dry.

"cocksucker ladyboy" racist and sexist how original ... bet you're proud of writing that, do you even realise what a complete cunt that makes you look like? probably not .....

You must be an idiot - we are a first and foremost a football club only a complete moron doesn't know that - why not fuck off and pedal your anti Spurs shit somewhere else? There's being stupid for the sake of pursuing hatred, and there's there's just being a complete cunt ... you are rapidly becoming the latter.

Fuck me how dumb must you be to think that Tottenham Hotspur FOOTBALL CLUB the clue being in the name, are not a football club .. only a complete arsehole would ever think that, is that how you think of yourself? Because I'm pretty sure that apart from the other Spurs hating cunts on here everyone who actually supports the club thinks of you in that way ... what a mumpsimus you are.

Thank goodness for the ignore button - keeps all the dumb cunts out of sight, that now includes you.
Repeatedly calling fellow Spurs fans ‘cunts’ for having a different opinion e.g. unhappy with highest ticket prices in the world for a rudderless shambles, unravelling before our very eyes. Seems they are the sane ones

Best at what?
It hasn't got the best atmosphere, that's for sure.
It hasn't got the best pricing, unless your Daniel Greedy, that's for sure.
It hasn't got the easiest access, the sweaty mess at Level 5 knows that's for sure
It hasn't got the best facilities for having a piss and getting food/drink at HT, the massive queues know for sure.
Other than the bird on top of the south stand, it doesn't even really have anything Spursy, so it's pretty neutral at best.

So what exactly is it best at?

Give me a 100% purpose built football stadium any day. Give me a place where you can get the max number of people a piss and a pint at half time any day, not posh individual waterless toilets and, sorry to say, too many ladies toilets given the proportion of them per person at the game. Give me quicker staff with less to chose from to keep the queues moving.

We're not getting what we were promised other than bled fucking dry.

Here's a thought - just stay away. Nobody would want to sit near a depressing loser like you so just do the decent thing and hate Spurs from afar. You'd be doing everyone a favour.

Repeatedly calling fellow Spurs fans ‘cunts’ for having a different opinion e.g. unhappy with highest ticket prices in the world for a rudderless shambles, unravelling before our very eyes. Seems they are the sane ones
If you act like a miserable whining cunt don't be surprised to get called out ... Spurs fan my arse, you clearly hate everything about the club, you endless trolling is fooling nobody ....

If you act like a miserable whining cunt don't be surprised to get called out ... Spurs fan my arse, you clearly hate everything about the club, you endless trolling is fooling nobody ....
Clearly don’t. I can see Levy has done a fair job, but enough s enough. We have some good players at the moment, a strong 11 but not much beyond that. People like you fail to see any negatives, I’m pragmatic and centrist

Clearly don’t. I can see Levy has done a fair job, but enough s enough. We have some good players at the moment, a strong 11 but not much beyond that. People like you fail to see any negatives, I’m pragmatic and centrist

So stop whining .... that's not how support works ... whining is not pragmatism it's just whining.

why build a kitchen you will only use one day a week. Surely it makes sense to use it more than that if it can be of benefit?

As to the whole "built for the NFL" debate, does nobody understand PR?

Waiter brings you a plate of food and says "this was for the table next to you but they've changed their mind".

Waiter brings you the same plate of food and says "the chef has created it especially for you"

Same plate of food... how do you feel?

The stadium was always OURS. We needed to massage the NFL ego, to get them invested and a positive PR spin on things that would circulate overseas. It's just marketing and PR FFS, get over it.

So stop whining .... that's not how support works ... whining is not pragmatism it's just whining.
Support shouldn't be blindness or immune from criticism though. I'll go each home game and sing and cheer the team on, it doesn't mean I can't think Levy's a prick or that Kane is a twat. Or that Dele should never play for us again.

Or that fuckers from L1 shouldn't be coming up to L4 for a beer at half time, which is clearly happening. Lol.

Support shouldn't be blindness or immune from criticism though. I'll go each home game and sing and cheer the team on, it doesn't mean I can't think Levy's a prick or that Kane is a twat. Or that Dele should never play for us again.

Or that fuckers from L1 shouldn't be coming up to L4 for a beer at half time, which is clearly happening. Lol.
100% agree - everyone supports the club in their own way - however just endlessly cunting off everything the club does, is that really a supporter?

Most of us think Levy is a prick for missing several opportunities on the field, but that doesn't make all the massive improvements he's made off the field all bad, if they honestly believe that 20 years of Levy has taken the club backwards then maybe the club is not for them.

I will support the club regardless of players, owners even fellow fans, blimey in six decades I've seen some terrible players, useless owners and met some utterly repugnant fans ... what I won't do is stand ideally by whilst anyone endlessly shits on the club I love (even the terrible players, useless owners and repugnant fans) that's just what being a supporter means to me.

But each to their own - if the likes of JT, Zomb and Matt get their pleasure from slagging our club - then they should expect all the abuse they get - they're only words after all.

Here's a thought - just stay away. Nobody would want to sit near a depressing loser like you so just do the decent thing and hate Spurs from afar. You'd be doing everyone a favour.

I'd offer you my seat but you would struggle to see Daniel Greedy from it, especially with there being a shambles of a football team in between you and your mancrush.

I'd offer you my seat but you would struggle to see Daniel Greedy from it, especially with there being a shambles of a football team in between you and your mancrush.

I'd take it just to give those around you a week off from your constant whining - no doubt they would buy me free beer all game for that small service.

Pretty much every metric here shows our decline from last season and last season wasn't great.
It's this kind of evidence I believe the trust would have liked to have discussed. But I guess one tenants issues at the ENIC Arena aren't really of concern. It would be like Bluewater watching M&S struggle. They'll just get a new anchor tenant.

He absolutely doneski

Not it wasn’t - once construction started all land was in place - and then it was delayed by another year and blew past the 1 billion mark

If you work in the industry you’ll know for a final/tender estimate BoQ is - and we ran way past that. I do this for a living and Levy cocked this up massively through micro management and NFL bullshit
Again, you keep wanting to lump "NFL bullshit" into the stadium and blame the multi-field functionality. Before ground was ever broken, when the steel works was still in place, the multi-field functionality was already incorporated in the plans and schedule. So there is zero way it impacted the schedule, zero.

Have you seen the actual BoQ figures? Not the estimates that were publicized in the press, which are always notoriously low (Wembley, for instance, was touted to cost £450M - it cost twice that). I've not seen anything credible on what the bid was, but I'd be interested in seeing firm figures.

Either way, I've just cited Wembley which ran over budget. The Olympic stadium was touted in the 2012 bid book at £280M but ended up at a total cost of £700M (there's some obscurity on whether or not the initial construction costs were limited to around £500M or not, but still nearly doubled in cost). Scumirates was preliminarily touted at £250M, ended up at £350M (sounds small, but that's a 40% cost overrun). Millennium Stadium in Cardiff ballooned from £96M to more than £120M (25% cost overrun).

I could find even more figures for large construction projects if you expand the scope of the investigation from just UK stadiums to all large construction works. The Shard, for example, was forecast to cost £620M in planning and ended up costing £2.1B. Cherry picked example there, but its true of most any project of any size.

The general problem is the difficulty in forecasting costs. When you develop a schematic budget you don't see all the odds and ends, so a lot of time you're just throwing an adjustment factor in and hoping it accounts for everything. You're also developing the budget in today's pounds based on last year's data. In the world of smaller projects that move quicker, not as much of an issue. In the world of projects that take years to complete...there's a big issue. Thats why most these large construction contracts contain an element of cost plus - here's the bid based on this schedule of material costs, say steel costs £1/lb (I'm spitpalling, I have no idea what your material costs are), and as those prices rise the contract rises to accommodate those costs out of the owner's pocket and not the contractor.

Unfortunately for Spurs, the stadium was constructed in one of the more volatile periods for construction materials. Prices have been soaring in the past half decade - no one was accounting for just how much costs would explode. In the US, in the past decade the cost of ready-mix concrete and steel increased more than 20% between 2012 and 2016 based on the cost estimating data I just looked up (out of the data books we utilize in-office) and another 30%+ since 2016.

Construction costs have massively increased, thats just a simple fact. Anfield's £60M stand is going to cost £80M+ now. Its simply the nature of the business.

Back
Top Bottom