Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

So by your definition of patchy, which Spurs player isn't patchy? And which elite PL LW isn't patchy?

You mentioned Mane.

You're right that's he's patchy. But when he's in bad form, he still impacts games. He will still take players on, still make runs. When he's off it he will just miss more chances than he'd like, mess up passes, and generally be frustrating.

When Son is off the game, sometimes I forget he's on the pitch at all. That's a different, more worrying, type of patchy. If you're not on form you can still be a danger and a presence, whilst doing some of the basics right.

Happy Parks And Recreation GIF

So you’re telling me I should have captained him in fpl?

So by your definition of patchy, which Spurs player isn't patchy? And which elite PL LW isn't patchy?

I never said anything about whether he is or isn’t patchy, I was merely pointing your hypocrisy. You made a post that appeared to disagree with others calling him patchy then said that you don’t disagree with him being patchy.
I’m not talking about other wingers being patchy or not and I’m not talking about other Spurs players either so I don’t know why you’ve gone off on those tangents.

I never said anything about whether he is or isn’t patchy, I was merely pointing your hypocrisy. You made a post that appeared to disagree with others calling him patchy then said that you don’t disagree with him being patchy.
I’m not talking about other wingers being patchy or not and I’m not talking about other Spurs players either so I don’t know why you’ve gone off on those tangents.
Correct. So by posting those stats up about his efficiency/clinical finishing etc. I was pointing out how that statistic proves his doubters (including myself) wrong.

Most clinical in Europe and most assists among forwards in the PL over the course of the last 4+ seasons. And he's not even considered world class by many in the English media.

Last edited:
For the sake of the metrics you're clinging to though:

20/12/20 > 04/04/21 (3 1/2 months / 14 league games) = 2 EPL goals - Notably a significant number of those games he was dreadful.....
I do remember. He went on his goal drought and I was criticizing him for it. But at the end of the day, like many of the fanboys at the time were arguing, he was still creating and ended up with 5 assists during that period. 7 goal contributions in 14 apps or about a 0.5 goal contributions per game.

You can find similar periods from our 'world class' striker in Kane. From December 16 - March 4, in 12 apps, he had 5 goal contributions, less than 0.5 goal contributions per game. If you recall, he also had terrible performances during that period.

So again, every player has rough patches, but just because they do, it doesn't mean they are a patchy player.

Last edited:
Correct. So by posting those stats up about his efficiency/clinical finishing etc. I was pointing out how that statistic proves his doubters (including myself) wrong.

:nunolol:

Bollocks you were. You contradicted yourself with a couple of posts and rather than just admit you made a mistake you’ve tied yourself in knots and yet again made yourself look stupid.

You mentioned Mane.

You're right that's he's patchy. But when he's in bad form, he still impacts games. He will still take players on, still make runs. When he's off it he will just miss more chances than he'd like, mess up passes, and generally be frustrating.

When Son is off the game, sometimes I forget he's on the pitch at all. That's a different, more worrying, type of patchy. If you're not on form you can still be a danger and a presence, whilst doing some of the basics right.
Fair enough. Mane is a great player. Not going to deny that.

Taken as a whole though, I'd say that Son has overtaken him as the best LW in the PL over the past 12-18 months or so.

Nope. If you've seen my previous posts on here ripping Son to shreads, you'll see what I've said about him in the past.

:nunofacepalm:
You genuinely can’t help yourself, can you. You can’t even follow a thread of a conversation.
Your previous posts have little to do with you contradicting yourself tonight and the stats that you love so much have very little to do with whether he’s patchy or not; they’re only part of the story.

Fair enough. Mane is a great player. Not going to deny that.

Taken as a whole though, I'd say that Son has overtaken him as the best LW in the PL over the past 12-18 months or so.

I'd agree, his only issue is those periods where he goes missing. If he fixes that and becomes more consistent, he's straight up world class.

I'd say he goes missing by Son's standards but taken as a whole, no, he doesn't go 'missing.'

For instance, as Airfixx pointed out, he went through a bit of a goalscoring drought. 2 goals in 14 apps. But he also set up 5 assists for a total of 7 goal contributions in those 14 apps. Involved in 30% of our goals during that stretch.

He has runs where he looks really bad. Fair play to him for managing to remain productive during that time, but many aspects of his game during these patches are well off. It may well be a fatigue issue, I don't know.

Kane also has patches where he still gets a goal or an assist here or there, but his game looks rough as hell.

Lol you can't be the most clinical player in Europe and lead the PL in assists over the LAST 4 SEASONS among attackers and be considered patchy

Of course you can if it's based on %s... .

Player A has shit game and doesn't even get a shot off cos he struggled to get involved... Doesn't dent his accuracy %, but did he have a good or a bad game?

Similarly a basic 2 yard cut back = assist, yet doesn't nevessaruly mean player A has played well through the course of the 90m (see your rules regarding Kaneand easy finishes).

Your denial that he has patches of poor form is simply that; denial.... And is ridden with double standards.

Nope. I do agree that he has poor patches of poor form but I wouldn't call him patchy in the sense that he's more patchy than other wingers. Because at the end of the day, what player/winger doesn't have poor patches of form?

Your constant "winger" shit is irrelevant...... Any position can be subject to erratic/inconsistent.... And no, not every player is subject to such extreme peaks and troughs in terms of their overall performances.

Honest question.

:harrylol:

Cool story.

Fair enough. So you do agree that Kane is a penalty / tap in merchant 90% of the time he's playing?

No; I'm nowhere close to conceding to your ramped-up ridiculousness.

Now that you look at it this way, he doesn't do much outside of that does he?

:sonpoint:

Sadly you are neither as smart nor as funny as you think, fella..... Mainly just exhausting and repetitive.

Your constant "winger" shit is irrelevant...... Any position can be subject to erratic/inconsistent.... And no, not every player is subject to such extreme peaks and troughs in terms of their overall performances.

:harrylol:

Cool story.

No; I'm nowhere close to conceding to your ramped-up ridiculousness.

Sadly you are neither as smart nor as funny as you think, fella..... Mainly just exhausting and repetitive.
So goal contributions don’t matter when it comes to Son as it’s the overall play that matters most. Hence even if he has a decent goal contribution record during his ‘rough patch’ it’s irrelevant. Lol ok

But when people like you talk about Kane’s game, they solely point to his goal record, disregarding the fact that he doesn’t do much other than penalties and tap ins.

Interesting.

:sonhmm:

Back
Top Bottom