The entire Saudi Arabian soverign, population and government.. AKA Newcastle (A) 1630KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Pzabbythethird

What do you disagree with about my Ndombele comment? I don’t care about the disagree, I’m really just curious how someone can disagree that Ndombele hasn’t been extremely inconsistent for us.
I think he's done well when used properly. For some reason we sometimes went away from using him properly. And he's essentially our only capable creative mid (looking at you Lo Celso) so after a lot of games he obviously gets fatigued. That's still an issue on him but it's also our fault for not having anyone who can also play a creative 10 role with any real quality.

Maybe we just disagree on how much or whether his inconsistency is his fault.

I think he's done well when used properly. For some reason we sometimes went away from using him properly. And he's essentially our only capable creative mid (looking at you Lo Celso) so after a lot of games he obviously gets fatigued. That's still an issue on him but it's also our fault for not having anyone who can also play a creative 10 role with any real quality.

Maybe we just disagree on how much or whether his inconsistency is his fault.

Ndombele hasn't been overplayed.... Absolutely ridiculous rationale.

As for not using him "properly"..... He was bought as a #8 and he's not capable of playing that role in this league (both Jose & Nuno have learned this the hard way!) so we're having to convert him into a #10.

One final note on this match is Martin Tyler's disgraceful commentary. He roared his head off when the toon scored first then was virtually silent, mumbling away when Tottenham scored.

He should be more professional than that and he even denegrated Harry Kane's goal saying Kane probably knew he was offside (hence the cool skillful finish), which he was not!

Martin Tyler shows the hatred he has for Spurs because he believes his paymasters Sky support Woolwich and that's what they want to hear. He should be sacked or aware of complaints about his rotten commentary in that match which is not up to Sky's high standards (if they have any).

One final note on this match is Martin Tyler's disgraceful commentary. He roared his head off when the toon scored first then was virtually silent, mumbling away when Tottenham scored.

He should be more professional than that and he even denegrated Harry Kane's goal saying Kane probably knew he was offside (hence the cool skillful finish), which he was not!

Martin Tyler shows the hatred he has for Spurs because he believes his paymasters Sky support Woolwich and that's what they want to hear. He should be sacked or aware of complaints about his rotten commentary in that match which is not up to Sky's high standards (if they have any).

Agreed. Never forget when we beat Westham 4-3 in that thriller with the Stalteri goal, the commentary from him when we scored our goals were so subdued, despite how thrilling the game was. All the goals from us were met with lack of enjoyment, where as all of Westham’s goals were excitable reactions. I believe when Lamela scored against United in our final white hart Lane game, he went nuts, but in general he seems to be very silent when Spurs score

It’s shit defending. The ball didn’t get deflected or anything. Dier tried to head a ball at his knee and kneed it into his own net with little pressure on him.

Mistakes happen, but it’s not unlucky… It’s poor defending. He is lucky it didn’t cost us any points.

He’s on his toes though
🤣

A donkey that should be in our second side with Doherty Winks and Dele

... He should be sacked or aware of complaints about his rotten commentary in that match which is not up to Sky's high standards (if they have any).

Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

For 10 to 15 minutes they were winning every ball all over the pitch. We were a total shambles.
Every Spurs player looked 2 yards behind them, they were far more fired up and if it stayed that way I'd have been concerned.
Not sure how it changed so comprehensively in our favour but thankfully it did.
Think I can explain it.
The Newcastle team were caught up and carried along on the overwhelmingly massive wave of hysterical euphoria for about 10 minutes then, suddenly, they remembered how shite they are.

This is some delusional talk said by every fan of Premier League teams, Tyler has commentated favourably for us in the past - I remember him going nuts when we played Utd at the Lane and beat them 3-0 in Poch's 2nd season for example. it's just that now he commentates accoring to the favourable narrative at the time and what would make a bigger story like the Newcastle thing not to mention that he's getitng older and his dulcet tone and dreary commentary is getting more and evident as time goes on but to suggest that he has some sort of agenda against Spurs is just lol, sorry.

For 10 to 15 minutes they were winning every ball all over the pitch. We were a total shambles.
Every Spurs player looked 2 yards behind them, they were far more fired up and if it stayed that way I'd have been concerned.
Not sure how it changed so comprehensively in our favour but thankfully it did.
And for 10-15 minutes they got away with absolute murder with several shocking challenges totally unpunished properly by Marriner where he should have shown a couple of yellows but didn’t want to spoil the party

Tanguy goal seemed to knock the stuffing out of them

Think I can explain it.
The Newcastle team were caught up and carried along on the overwhelmingly massive wave of hysterical euphoria for about 10 minutes then, suddenly, they remembered how shite they are.
This. The emotion was sure to carry them for a bit. And that goal picked them up even more. But we were the better team. Completely deserved the win.

This is the quality I expect from Gobby. Well played.

Harry Potter Lol GIF by Sky

It's hard to draw too many conclusions when Newcastle are such a pile of utter wank.

I thought the first half hour was reminiscent of the Villa game, too open, too end to endie, and there was absolutely no tactical attempt by Nuno to give the FB's much help defensively, Son and Moura seemingly given the day off from running backwards or covering wide. But from 30min on Newcastle ran out of Saudi infused gas, we pretty much controlled things, but this Newcastle are fucking atrocious, StMax doing an occasional turn, Wilson doing his giant Defoe thing, and a bunch of championship footballers managed by a championship manager.

In the context of it being very easy with loads of space and an opposition not really interested in pressing, I thought Hojbjerg (any opposition that allows Pierre the tank engine to complete 99 passes and 9 tackles is in big trouble), Kane had good games, Ndombele was pretty good some of it. Skipp was quietly decent.

Next game will be very interesting, it's the "trans" derby. Two teams struggling with their identity. Two managers whose hearts belong to pragmatism but who are being forced into trying to be more proactive.

Like two hairy butch blokes prancing around in chiffon dresses, stilettos and Lady Di wigs.

Think people are reading into Tylers commentary.

Their goal was scored after 1m 40s and a frantic opening. We'd got hold of the game by the time TND scored a goal that was a bit out of nowhere.
Kane looked offside to fucking everyone. If you thought for a moment before the replay that he wasn't you probably need to brush up on the rules. It's quite hard for a neutral to then get excited when it's changed unless it's significant (IE City's goal getting disallowed in the CL quarter finals)
He was fairly excited by our 3rd goal as it was after sustained pressure and it was actually a pretty sexy goal. TND twisting and leaving 3 men in his wake, then the quick interchange between i, Moura, Kane and Son. It was actually as good a goal as we've scored in a while IMO.

It’s shit defending. The ball didn’t get deflected or anything. Dier tried to head a ball at his knee and kneed it into his own net with little pressure on him.

Mistakes happen, but it’s not unlucky… It’s poor defending. He is lucky it didn’t cost us any points.
I disagree, it's desperately unlucky. Yeah - in a perfect world he would have made the right decision to kick it away, but he didn't and it hit his knee and went in.

He had a split second to make a decision after Romero misses it, and made the wrong one

Still the armchair experts have already written him off so we can go out and buy ourselves a £100M defender who no longer wants to play for their current team, who magically never makes a mistake, or misses a block, never gives away fouls and scores 10 from corners every season.

Now, where can we find one...............

so - Dier it is then.

Think people are reading into Tylers commentary.

Their goal was scored after 1m 40s and a frantic opening. We'd got hold of the game by the time TND scored a goal that was a bit out of nowhere.
Kane looked offside to fucking everyone. If you thought for a moment before the replay that he wasn't you probably need to brush up on the rules. It's quite hard for a neutral to then get excited when it's changed unless it's significant (IE City's goal getting disallowed in the CL quarter finals)
He was fairly excited by our 3rd goal as it was after sustained pressure and it was actually a pretty sexy goal. TND twisting and leaving 3 men in his wake, then the quick interchange between i, Moura, Kane and Son. It was actually as good a goal as we've scored in a while IMO.
yeah but he didn't scream GOOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAALLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL and wear a Spurs strip

so he's a shit commentator

I disagree, it's desperately unlucky. Yeah - in a perfect world he would have made the right decision to kick it away, but he didn't and it hit his knee and went in.

He had a split second to make a decision after Romero misses it, and made the wrong one

Still the armchair experts have already written him off so we can go out and buy ourselves a £100M defender who no longer wants to play for their current team, who magically never makes a mistake, or misses a block, never gives away fouls and scores 10 from corners every season.

Now, where can we find one...............

so - Dier it is then.
Wouldn't assign blame to any player for an OG like that, people who are trying to have clearly never actually defended a real cross in their lives.

Back
Top Bottom