The entire Saudi Arabian soverign, population and government.. AKA Newcastle (A) 1630KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The only thing that really disappointed me yesterday was the second goal. I expected the first 10 minutes and for us to concede but after that we was completely dominant especially from the equaliser onwards. We seem to have recovered from that really poor spell and integrated kane back in the side. We've played some decent attacking football over the last 2 premier league games.

We should have had a penalty for that handball and the match would have then ended 1-4, if not 1-5.

Ref(s) felt sorry for them.

For 10 to 15 minutes they were winning every ball all over the pitch. We were a total shambles.
Every Spurs player looked 2 yards behind them, they were far more fired up and if it stayed that way I'd have been concerned.
Not sure how it changed so comprehensively in our favour but thankfully it did.

Because there was absolutely no way they could keep that intensity up, they put everything into 15 minutes.......unfortunately the match is a little bit longer than that

We should have had a penalty for that handball and the match would have then ended 1-4, if not 1-5.

Ref(s) felt sorry for them.
After the one they got from Dier's "handball" last year that was a dead cert.
You can't protect your face with you arm and not expect a pen if it hits it.
Only thing possibly is it was above the t-shirt line. Is that still a thing?

Agreed. Never forget when we beat Westham 4-3 in that thriller with the Stalteri goal, the commentary from him when we scored our goals were so subdued, despite how thrilling the game was. All the goals from us were met with lack of enjoyment, where as all of Westham’s goals were excitable reactions. I believe when Lamela scored against United in our final white hart Lane game, he went nuts, but in general he seems to be very silent when Spurs score

It was Ian Darke (which I guess just further proves the point) - he genuinely said "oh no!" when Stalteri scored

Tyler's rotten commentary in that match which is not up to Sky's high standards (if they have any).
Excuse Me Reaction GIF by Mashable

Hehehe

why be disappointed - it was a fluke/accident, sometimes when it happens you get away with it, or rectify it into row Z. Dier pulled the short straw and kneed it past Lloris.

for some it's proof positive that Dier is responsible for all the worlds ills,

for adults, it's just a bit of shit luck.

I agree it's shit luck (to a degree at least). What it does show is the absolute necessity to not just defend 1 goal leads.

If Lucas/Kane/Son don't pull off that bit of magic before the half, we draw one of our most dominate performances recently.

Hopefully Nuno picked up on that and we continue to attack even from a winning position.

It was Ian Darke (which I guess just further proves the point) - he genuinely said "oh no!" when Stalteri scored

Ian Darke ? Swear it was Martin Tyler, and you are correct. He literally said “oooo nooooo” when we got the winner. You would think a neutral commentator would at least pretend to be excited after such a thrilling conclusion.

This is some delusional talk said by every fan of Premier League teams, Tyler has commentated favourably for us in the past - I remember him going nuts when we played Utd at the Lane and beat them 3-0 in Poch's 2nd season for example. it's just that now he commentates accoring to the favourable narrative at the time and what would make a bigger story like the Newcastle thing not to mention that he's getitng older and his dulcet tone and dreary commentary is getting more and evident as time goes on but to suggest that he has some sort of agenda against Spurs is just lol, sorry.
I don't think he's anti-Spurs, but I agree that he cheers on the most favourable narrative, and for that reason he's incredibly unprofessional and not fit to be a neutral voice of any game.

I don't think he's anti-Spurs, but I agree that he cheers on the most favourable narrative, and for that reason he's incredibly unprofessional and not fit to be a neutral voice of any game.

Agreed. If for instance Spurs get taken over by an Arab tycoon too, he would probably scream with excitement with Spurs for the next game, but I just found it incredibly biased yesterday. Spurs scored a fantastic 3rd goal and he sounded depressed

Agreed. Never forget when we beat Westham 4-3 in that thriller with the Stalteri goal, the commentary from him when we scored our goals were so subdued, despite how thrilling the game was. All the goals from us were met with lack of enjoyment, where as all of Westham’s goals were excitable reactions. I believe when Lamela scored against United in our final white hart Lane game, he went nuts, but in general he seems to be very silent when Spurs score
Vile anti-Semites the lot of them

After the one they got from Dier's "handball" last year that was a dead cert.
You can't protect your face with you arm and not expect a pen if it hits it.
Only thing possibly is it was above the t-shirt line. Is that still a thing?
We should also have had a nailed on penalty second half

Very few decent commentators though

Alan Parry MOTD is the worst imv

Back
Top Bottom