The entire Saudi Arabian soverign, population and government.. AKA Newcastle (A) 1630KO

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We let them though. The midfield set up was all wrong, leaving out defence vunerable for every attack.

If we had gone with the same line up we have seeen vs Villa and Newcastle, I think we'd have beaten them.
Too many passengers

No. They will recover from the wheels falling off. But a major set back will occur , there does not appear to be a football brain amongst them.

Them becoming a mega-power was never gonna happen over night..... Even with better minds involved. If they've won the league in 5 years having overcome a "major set back" they'd have done amazingly well.

I'd say closer to 10 years.

FFP will absolutely get in the way of what they'd like to spend on transfers.

If you were happy with long term sustainable success you'd start with the Academy, rebuild it and make sure it was properly funded. It's a football mad part of the world. One club City, good catchment area. Imagine the success they'd have had in the past if they'd developed, off the top of my head:

Shearer;
Carrick;
Steve Bruce (the player, not the manager);
Jack and Bobby Charlton.

There'll be loads more.

And then there are the ones they sold:

Waddle;
Beardsley;
Malcolm MacDonald.

And presumably they wouldn't need to in future.

Shocking that there last cup win was 1955.

Fairs Cup doesn't count. They were invited despite only finishing 10th in Div 1. Less than a point a game.
nintchdbpict000326780587.jpg

Ndombele hasn't been overplayed.... Absolutely ridiculous rationale.

As for not using him "properly"..... He was bought as a #8 and he's not capable of playing that role in this league (both Jose & Nuno have learned this the hard way!) so we're having to convert him into a #10.
He's been overplayed for someone with his fitness. He had to be, because we were so lacking. That's both a he issue and us issue, since our squad is so thin in creativity.

You realize different leagues sometimes mean a player's best position is different somewhere else! That can even be true team to team in the same league. Hell it can be true in the same team from game to game. The manager's job is to figure that out.

He's been overplayed for someone with his fitness. He had to be, because we were so lacking. That's both a he issue and us issue, since our squad is so thin in creativity.

Again, utter nonsense.....

He's commonly been subbed after 60mins. Often dropped altogether.....

Also did bollocks all during pre-season and the first month of the season.

You realize different leagues sometimes mean a player's best position is different somewhere else! That can even be true team to team in the same league. Hell it can be true in the same team from game to game. The manager's job is to figure that out.

You yourself has literally just said we're lacking creative talent, so why can't he assert himself in training and get ahead of a struggling Gio, Dele or even PEH (whom some insist is a poor footballer)?

Yet, you claimed we're not using him "properly".

#10, #8...... Where do you suggest we play him then? CF? GK?

Blatant excuse-ism on your part.

Last edited:
Again, utter nonsense.....

He's commonly been subbed after 60mins. Often dropped altogether.....

And did bollocks all during pre-season and the first month of the season.

You yourself has literally just said we're lacking creative talent, so why can't he assert himself in training and get ahead of a struggling Gio, Dele or even PEH (whom some insist is a poor footballer)?

Yet, you claimed we're not using him "properly".

#10, #8...... Where do you suggest we play him then? CF? GK?

Blatant excuse-ism on your part.
Overplayed 😅😅😅 where did he get that from

Them becoming a mega-power was never gonna happen over night..... Even with better minds involved. If they've won the league in 5 years having overcome a "major set back" they'd have done amazingly well.
It is a different league to when Citeh bought their way in. Everton have spent £500m under the new owners but are worse off in the league.
I am not sure success is as guaranteed as everyone is making out.

It is a different league to when Citeh bought their way in. Everton have spent £500m under the new owners but are worse off in the league.

Yeh, at the very least 1 more financial super-power in the EPL (that being City themselves) and PSG have since caused hyper inflation thanks to the Mbappe/Neymar window.

If they spend hard enough; it'll happen eventually, but also worth noting they're starting from the lowest possible base here too.... Even City were in better shape than NU-castle (they'd already had the dodgy asian guy have a stab a year or two before, remember).

I have no idea if FFP has any impact as frankly they just make it up as they go along, but I would think that wages plays a bigger part than transfer spending.

If Newcashle can offer players £300k a week they will be able to get whoever they want. I don't think Everton are paying wages at that level.

Back
Top Bottom