Harry Winks

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

remember when he got linked with City

Sarah Silverman Eww GIF by HULU
Exeter City

Oh to be a fly on the wall during that meeting.

What an article!! So full of contradictions I have no idea why he thought this was a good idea.

"I need to play games and the only way to [improve] is getting minutes and getting that sharpness back."
"But it is difficult when you get matches here and there, confidence is low and you don’t get that run of games."

All standard stuff and he has a point. Then he follows it up with...

"There’s no excuses."

And shits on Proud DNA's tactics with "It’s down to us but there’s a lot of factors behind that."

:nunothumb:

Yet we actually won that game 4-2 and you're still going on about an individual error in maybe the 2nd or 3rd game he actually started in the league in over a month or so because he's 'Mason's mates' or whatever bullshit was being spouted at the time.

You'll pick out his mistakes yet forget about other players when they do the same, he's had a scapegoat target on his back for a long time now. We gave away 2 soft penalties in that game btw. Winks didn't foul either of them.
He played the final against city and actually got highlighted with how bad he was. Hes just not good enough. No ones fault just hasnt got it and needs to be moved on asap.
Has turned whingey and moany and needs to grow a pair

He played the final against city and actually got highlighted with how bad he was. Hes just not good enough. No ones fault just hasnt got it and needs to be moved on asap.
Has turned whingey and moany and needs to grow a pair
Who was good against City in that final again? Is that City which are arguably one of the strongest squads in the world?

Whingey and moany, how ironic when all everyone does is fucking whinge about him...even after he doesn't play.

Who was good against City in that final again? Is that City which are arguably one of the strongest squads in the world?

Whingey and moany, how ironic when all everyone does is fucking whinge about him...even after he doesn't play.
Again were talking about winks not others in this thread. Yes everyone was shit. But winks was shit too simple. And has been shit for a good while.
Im not getting paid thousands a week to fucking moan about not playing first team while doing nothing to prove i should be in said first team.
Stand up drag those around him to a certain level against thursday night teams. Prove he deserves a run in first team. He just hasnt done it

Again were talking about winks not others in this thread. Yes everyone was shit. But winks was shit too simple. And has been shit for a good while.
Im not getting paid thousands a week to fucking moan about not playing first team while doing nothing to prove i should be in said first team.
Stand up drag those around him to a certain level against thursday night teams. Prove he deserves a run in first team. He just hasnt done it

He (a player i'd previously defended to the hilt as a squad player), Gio, & Doherty let us (and in particular, our youth players) down away to Paco...... Ditto last Thursday. It's performances like these that prevent us giving the kids a bit more of a run out; because the aforementioned can't be leaned upon as seniors against lesser opposition.

These ECL & EL away games over the last 12 months have been a watershed for me in terms of said players (+ Dele & Bergwijn)....

Last edited:
He's a cancer, you need to cut the little shit out immediately.

If Nuno has any balls, he deletes him from the first team squad and makes him train with the under 23's. There is absolutely no point in this little cockroach ever having anything to do with the PL squad again.

Gone are the times when you had lazy English managers making transfer decisions on instinct without proper scouting assessments. 15 years ago we would have gone to Hull, Palace or Pompey for £15m. We will be lucky to get him out of the door on loan in this day and age. We won’t get a fee, the facts and stats don’t lie - any half decent football analyst will reject this fraud if an agent suggests him. He will be here until his contract expires
Or we pay it up

Just get rid and stop him poisoning the minds of some of the youngsters

Most of the team on Thursday played poorly. Winks had a bad game but we cannot expect Holbjerg and Skipp to not get injured and then it is a kid or Winks. I know many will opt for the kid but Winks is still better as cover for the holding midfielders. So unless we sign someone else he stays until the summer which is a much better time to make changes.

Most of the team on Thursday played poorly. Winks had a bad game but we cannot expect Holbjerg and Skipp to not get injured and then it is a kid or Winks. I know many will opt for the kid but Winks is still better as cover for the holding midfielders. So unless we sign someone else he stays until the summer which is a much better time to make changes.
At present. Winks is a Championship level player at best.

The fact that we might genuinely have to rely on a player of his ability to play first team football in the Premier League makes me sick.

I don’t blame him though. I blame the people responsible for keeping him at the club and failing to replace him.

At present. Winks is a Championship level player at best.

The fact that we might genuinely have to rely on a player of his ability to play first team football in the Premier League makes me sick.

I don’t blame him though. I blame the people responsible for keeping him at the club and failing to replace him.
Utter hyperbolic bullshit. Same way Trippier was labelled when he was the scapegoat.

Back
Top Bottom