Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Why do you have to bring Asians into it for? Any chance you possess some racial prejudice?

Fuck off with that "Oh, you're racist" bullshit, you helmet. I've said before here that there are people that "support" Tottenham because of Son and Son alone. If you want to pretend that's not the case then go give your head a wobble.

Fuck all racist about that statement. It's absolutely true.

Last edited:
Should be playing striker/CF and sit Kane on the bench and we'll see a much more consistent/threatening player.

I don't see him being a LW for extended periods of games anymore given his age. Particularly against good defenses.

Okay, but I think the Asian comment was uncalled for.

Why?

We all know that because of Son, there are plenty of Asians that watch us. Certainly Koreans. But we all know if and when he leaves, they do too. So getting into a "debate" with one of those people is just cringe as fuck. Plenty of them have never liked Kane because they want it to be all about Son. Simple as that. Nothing more, nothing less.

Leaving See Ya GIF by MOODMAN

Should be playing striker/CF and sit Kane on the bench and we'll see a much more consistent/threatening player.

I don't see him being a LW for extended periods of games anymore given his age. Particularly against good defenses.

He's 29. The same age as Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane. Ribery and Robben were the best winger duo on the planet not long ago, both when they were in their 30's. Neymar is 29, christ Di Maria has been one of the better wingers in world football for the last 3-4 years and he's 33.

There is zero reason a 29 year old can't play on the wing. 29 is not old.

He's 29. The same age as Mohamed Salah and Sadio Mane. Ribery and Robben were the best winger duo on the planet not long ago, both when they were in their 30's. Neymar is 29, christ Di Maria has been one of the better wingers in world football for the last 3-4 years and he's 33.

There is zero reason a 29 year old can't play on the wing. 29 is not old.
Let me clarify.

A 29 year old winger playing for Spurs is unsustainable given the amount of tracking back that'll be required of him.

Also, throwing him way out wide also isn't the best use of his talents as a goal scorer in my opinion. He needs to play much more centrally.

Let me clarify.

A 29 year old winger playing for Spurs is unsustainable given the amount of tracking back that'll be required of him.

Also, throwing him way out wide also isn't the best use of his talents as a goal scorer in my opinion. He needs to play much more centrally.

Playing him centrally against lesser teams will work, but the big boys will do a job on him if you've got cunts like Moura and Bergwijn out wide.

With or without Kane up front, we desperately need quality players.

Let me clarify.

The bold is valid, I do thing his ability in 1on1 situations is by far his biggest asset, so trying to get the best out of that is probably the best idea.

But at 29 there's no reason you can't do a lot of tracking back. You're in your physical prime at that age, there's no deterioration of a players ability to do hard running by then, none at all. Barring having had severe injury problems or being a player who hasn't looked after themselves at all, that is.

Playing him centrally against lesser teams will work, but the big boys will do a job on him if you've got cunts like Moura and Bergwijn out wide.

With or without Kane up front, we desperately need quality players.

Yep, this is the issue. Having both Bergwijn/Lucas on the wings long term will screw us. They contribute between them like 4-5 goals a season, and we don't have the midfielders who will compensate with a large goal tally.

We've beat City playing many times this way, without Kane and playing the way I just described.

We also had two games against Chelsea and Liverpool without Kane, playing with Son up top and centrally. We narrowly lost 1-0 both games but we were extremely competitive those games and maybe could/should have won.

We also beat Chelsea in the EFL cup last season without both Kane/Son starting, playing the way I described.

The bold is valid, I do thing his ability in 1on1 situations is by far his biggest asset, so trying to get the best out of that is probably the best idea.

But at 29 there's no reason you can't do a lot of tracking back. You're in your physical prime at that age, there's no deterioration of a players ability to do hard running by then, none at all. Barring having had severe injury problems or being a player who hasn't looked after themselves at all, that is.
I don't know about you, but I think Son is showing signs of early fatigue in games. At least much more than a couple seasons ago. I think you'll see him continue to decline over the next 1-2 years as far as endurance goes.

We've beat City playing many times this way, without Kane and playing the way I just described.

We also had two games against Chelsea and Liverpool without Kane, playing with Son up top and centrally. We narrowly lost 1-0 both games but we were extremely competitive those games and maybe could/should have won.

We also beat Chelsea in the EFL cup last season without both Kane/Son starting the way I described.

Over a season, a front three of Son, Moura and Bergwijn (or anyone else we have out wide currently) will be a disaster.

I don't know about you, but I think Son is showing signs of early fatigue in games. At least much more than a couple seasons ago. I think you'll see him continue to decline over the next 1-2 years as far as endurance goes.

I get mentally fatigued watching Nunoball, must be even more draining playing that utter shite.

Back
Top Bottom