The Sack Race - REALLY ?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who will they get in? The circus that led to Nunos appointment was exhausting and embarassing for all parties and that was with months of free time to search. I'd hate to see what happens with it going on just 8 games into the season.
If I was in charge: Someone like Tedesco if I want to go for a young and exciting name. Or I would go for Valverde if I want a more established name. And that's just looking at the free agents.

If I was in charge: Someone like Tedesco if I want to go for a young and exciting name. Or I would go for Valverde if I want a more established name. And that's just looking at the free agents.
Unfortunately I wouldn't trust the people running the club to do similar. Lots of better fitting managers made moves over the Summer like Hutter, Inzaghi, Spalletti, Sarri and Glasner, yet the closest we got were Fonseca, Gattuso and Nuno. I get the feeling that if Nuno is sacked it's Ryan Mason for the rest of the season.

Unfortunately I wouldn't trust the people running the club to do similar. Lots of better fitting managers made moves over the Summer like Hutter, Inzaghi, Spalletti, Sarri and Glasner, yet the closest we got were Fonseca, Gattuso and Nuno. I get the feeling that if Nuno is sacked it's Ryan Mason for the rest of the season.
On the pod they were saying Mason is going to Charlton. Good move for him if it happens, he's not a PL coach by a long way that's for sure.

If Utd lose this one they will take decisive action, sack OGS and have someone in place (probably Conte) before the next league game.

If we lose, nothing will happen, we will plod on through to the international break, and if things don't improve before the next international break maybe we will sack Nuno 6 games after he should have gone (wait, I think we're already beyond that...) anyway, it will be after the horse has bolted as usual.

Then Levy will have to wait for the moon and stars to align, Mercury to be in retrograde, Jupiter to be ascending, Friday 13th, in a leap year, and a freebie former Chelsea manager just happens to be available (but not Conte!) before appointing a new gaffer...
They've had shit OGS for years giving him loads of chances, hardly decisive

There are very few really good coaches around, at least not many that premiership clubs are willing to appoint. The same names on a PL merry-go-round.

I can see us dropping out of the league
Dropping out of the league AND directly responsible for Armageddon.

You just know they'll blame the Hebrews

1587149519-%201996%D0%B3.%20180%D1%85120%D1%81%D0%BC%20%D1%85%D0%BE%D0%BB%D1%81%D1%82,%20%D0%BC%D0%B0%D1%81%D0%BB%D0%BE.jpg

I don't know how Ole is still in a job. 5-0 loss to their biggest rivals. 4-2 to them last year as well. We beat them 6-1. They've just been smacked by Leicester 4-2. How many more times does his team have to get pumped before they accept he's not good enough?

The patience they've shown him is amazing.
The patience they've shown him is nothing compared to the patience our fans have shown levy. Over 2 decades now.

One is a puddle in your back garden. The other is the Pacific ocean.

Can’t believe Spurs fans.
The thought of Poch coming back is as suffocating as the notion of giving Dele another chance and building our midfield around him.

This club needs to be eternally rid of the dregs of the Amazing 2016 champions runners up 3rd in a 2 horse race galaticos bottlers.

We need leadership, not cuddly cheerleaders.
We need a captain, we have two who couldn’t captain a rubber dingy between them.

Poch n The Dregs, got quite a ring to it.
Welcome to five more years of pretty failure.

Can’t believe Spurs fans.
The thought of Poch coming back is as suffocating as the notion of giving Dele another chance and building our midfield around him.

This club needs to be eternally rid of the dregs of the Amazing 2016 champions runners up 3rd in a 2 horse race galaticos bottlers.

We need leadership, not cuddly cheerleaders.
We need a captain, we have two who couldn’t captain a rubber dingy between them.

Poch n The Dregs, got quite a ring to it.
Welcome to five more years of pretty failure.

I mean, our captain did in fact captain a world cup champion.

Last edited:
They've had shit OGS for years giving him loads of chances, hardly decisive
He's finished 2nd and 3rd previously though, but this seasons currently looking extra bleak and they've just lost 5-0 at home to their biggest rivals. If they lose to our bunch of shitcunts it'll be the straw that breaks the camels back and he'll be gone.

They won't though, they'll win comfortably and go on a decent run for a while and ultimately finish in the top 4 again and they'll be not quite good enough to win something under him but not quite shit enough to justify sacking him.

He's finished 2nd and 3rd previously though, but this seasons currently looking extra bleak and they've just lost 5-0 at home to their biggest rivals. If they lose to our bunch of shitcunts it'll be the straw that breaks the camels back and he'll be gone.

They won't though, they'll win comfortably and go on a decent run for a while and ultimately finish in the top 4 again and they'll be not quite good enough to win something under him but not quite shit enough to justify sacking him.
Yes but he is shit and has had several runs with a game left to save his job (we beat them 6-1), to say man u would be decisive is false - when it comes his sacking will be anything but.

Yes but he is shit and has had several runs with a game left to save his job (we beat them 6-1), to say man u would be decisive is false - when it comes his sacking will be anything but.
I'm not claiming they have a history of being decisive though, I'm predicting that if they lose this game he will be gone, whereas if we lose this game Nuno will remain, in response to it being seen as el Sackico.

It's a false narrative as only one manager is in any danger depending on the result, imo.

I'm not claiming they have a history of being decisive though, I'm predicting that if they lose this game he will be gone, whereas if we lose this game Nuno will remain, in response to it being seen as el Sackico.

It's a false narrative as only one manager is in any danger depending on the result, imo.
If its been ages in the making I can't see how it's decisive if it comes, it's overdue.

Can't see Nuno going bar a huge score. If you sack someone after a year it's their fault after a few months your admitting culpability.

Plenty of hot drinks with lemon and honey and paracetamol
Plenty of rest and no sex until December!
Negative for Covid !
Personally I'm relying on Aspirin, Antibiotics, Sky Sports coverage and a bottle of Tullamore Dew triple distilled from the glorious island of Ireland !
Smooth as a Hoddle pass on a good day !

It’s infuriating. And a new cycle implies development of talent. Who is Nuno attempting to develop?

Please don’t say Skipp.
Your post drives me mad BECAUSE
How can it be Luno's fault that our terrible recruitment policy of the past ?
He has been here for 5 minutes and alright his team against Woolwich will never be forgotten but he agreed to take on a task that everyone else refused,avoided or signed an improved contract at their current club.
He will possibly not be able to attract serious players unless he gets us to top 4 but even though I know thus, I think he is trying to do a decent job.
He has decided to lose Dele and Winks, Sissoko and Aurier.
He does not choose the replacements or wonder why we seem to be planning for 2026 !
If Levy wants better then just bid on better players and hope a few might say yes.
On the positives, he seems to be adjusting and improving Skip,Romero, Reggie and possibly even Royal !
It's not his fault that Kane wants to leave or that Bergy keeps getting injured, nor is it his fault that Ndombele is a sucker.
At half term surely the report is some mistakes but trying hard ?

As a starting point Nuno has a lot more time, probably until the end of the season imo. Unless we completely fall apart.

The unknown factor, which we have no chance to (potentially) see coming, is if Nuno loses the dressing room. I realise it's such a cliche. But if Hugo and Kane go knocking on Levy's door to say that the squad have stopped taking his training serious and refuse to listen to his tactics, then I do feel the trigger would be pulled.

If I'm being a cynic; if nothing else then because Levy doesn't want to see Kane's value plummet if he has a 3 PL goals season.

Back
Top Bottom