Fabio Paratici

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The summer was pathetic and we are seeing the result of him doing a shit job of building this team going into the season.

And no BS excuse of us rebuilding or building for the future makes up for the terrible moves he made. We don't look very good at all in terms of our future.

As I've written on here several times, I didn't think hiring a DoF was the solution to our problems. For me, it's about talent, not management structures.

But we seem to be in a ménage à trois with Levy, Paratici AND Jorge Mendes.

Paratici wanted Mendes ciient Gattuso. Levy said No after the fan backlash.

Paratici then switched to Mendes client Nuno. Levy said Yes, even though there are reports he turned down Nuno earlier in the summer.

If we fire Nuno, and I think we should, I don't want Paratici and Mendes selecting our next head coach.

But under the DoF structure that Levy has implemented, Paratici should be making the decision. If Paratici isn't, then he isn't a true DoF.

In short, fuck management structures,. and just get someone in who understands footballing talent and can coach our bunch of halfwits back to playing the type of football we witnessed under Poch.

I think the idea of a DOF was to get a good one with vision not a Mendes puppet.

Romero might become decent, the others have shown nothing yet. And his choice of manager is beyond incompetent

Royal is starting to look good, Bryan admittedly is a prospect player but clearly has talent. The manager choice I agree is crazy only makes sense if He is hiring Mendes clients.

As I've written on here several times, I didn't think hiring a DoF was the solution to our problems. For me, it's about talent, not management structures.

But we seem to be in a ménage à trois with Levy, Paratici AND Jorge Mendes.

Paratici wanted Mendes ciient Gattuso. Levy said No after the fan backlash.

Paratici then switched to Mendes client Nuno. Levy said Yes, even though there are reports he turned down Nuno earlier in the summer.

If we fire Nuno, and I think we should, I don't want Paratici and Mendes selecting our next head coach.

But under the DoF structure that Levy has implemented, Paratici should be making the decision. If Paratici isn't, then he isn't a true DoF.

In short, fuck management structures,. and just get someone in who understands footballing talent and can coach our bunch of halfwits back to playing the type of football we witnessed under Poch.
I think the DOF structure can work

We've just hired an incompetent one it seems

Pretty much par for the course with this club

I think the DOF structure can work

We've just hired an incompetent one it seems

Pretty much par for the course with this club

We hired an incompetent DOF and one that is clearly fine being Levy's lapdog.

There is zero chance any competent DOF can go into the season with one Striker. He is either so dumb that he shouldn't be DOF or just willing to be cheap as Levy wants. Either way no where near what we need.

My concern is that he is both.

We hired an incompetent DOF and one that is clearly fine being Levy's lapdog.

There is zero chance any competent DOF can go into the season with one Striker. He is either so dumb that he shouldn't be DOF or just willing to be cheap as Levy wants. Either way no where near what we need.

My concern is that he is both.
Yeah you'd like to think he couldn't be that stupid but it's either that or he's another levy lapdog as you say

Deserves more blame for the current state of Juventus too.

Oh he gets plenty, in Italy and from most Juventus fans. Go take a little look at their biggest English speaking forum if you want to see what they think .. I believe 'parasite' is one of the affectionate terms they have for him. But hey, Levy saw someone who was a big name a few years back and decided to go for it, same with Jose. Not a thought given to whether he'd work well in England or the recent business he'd done for Juventus.

Seriously, it takes a lot of credit to be the main man behind building the squad which knocked Juventus off its own perch. Bravo. Didn't even take any good Serie A teams rising up, they're all relatively weak sides who get nowhere on the European stage. But that squad Paratici built can barely even scrape fourth in Italy now, and are currently eighth. He constructed a mediocre, severely overpaid team with huge fees paid for young 'talent' they can't wait to get rid of, and this is the man we entrust with making us punch above our weight?

Give me a fucking break.

Squad is in an absolute state. How the fuck can we spend so much money on punts like Gil when we are in dire need of quality right now. We don't have the luxury to buy players who can sit out a season or 2 and "maybe" come good. Our transfer policy is balls

Squad is in an absolute state. How the fuck can we spend so much money on punts like Gil when we are in dire need of quality right now. We don't have the luxury to buy players who can sit out a season or 2 and "maybe" come good. Our transfer policy is balls

Yeah this was a total luxury transfer. Lad coming over from Spain to play at a new level, in a much faster paced division, the potential for failure was always high. These kind of transfers are worth a shot when you're a City, but as you say, we need quality now.

He wasn't a punt either, that was 22.5 million we invested in him. Then we spent another 15 on a midfielder we won't see till next season. But we can't afford a backup striker for now, or an actual replacement for the goals we lost when Bale left? We basically signed Gil to replace Lamela AND Bale's presence in the squad.

How did he even get the DOF job? I don't recall his name being discussed at all and then one day, as if by magic, he was appointed. Sounds like Levy had his man lined up, wasn't interested in any other contenders and as usual he gets his way without anyone questioning him.

This club is run like one man's personal fiefdom.

Back
Top Bottom