Does Anyone Still Supporting Keeping Kane?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Should We Have Sold?

• Total voters
This is the legacy he can have with us if he wants. It's not too late.

hqdefault.jpg

Last edited:
Whilst City opened the bidding with a pathetic £75m + £25m in add ons, I do think a deal could have been done. With the likes of Laporte, Bernardo Silva, Jesus being offered up as potential swaps we shit in the bed. I’d have taken those 3 without a penny for Kane , then signed Ings for the £20m or so that Villa got him for. We would have been a considerably better side now.
At the time I said I would sell Kane for £120m as I didn’t want a unhappy player at the club, I feared an injury or a lack of effort would harm us this season, but I didn’t think it would be this bad.
Levy should have said you have 2 weeks to get a deal done, our price is £120m (or x amount plus players) take it or leave it so it didn’t drag on all summer.

75M plus add ons was a shite deal, I’m not sure I would take that now? Perhaps in Jan
If we were City or Chelsea and could simply buy a Kane replacement and scrap Kane then yeah.
But with Daniel Greedy at the helm, the only way we ever replace Kane is selling Kane and using the money.

What we should have done, was given Conte what he wanted. Almost certainly would have sorted the Kane issue out automatically. He'd have been far more open minded about staying and giving it a go

Supporting keeping him and letting him go on the cheap are different things. Levy can’t win here.
Levy would have been damned if he did, damned if he didn’t…..he hadn’t figured on Kane a fully grown adult with a wife & family acting like a petulant child that’s the culprit.

Levy would have been damned if he did, damned if he didn’t…..he hadn’t figured on Kane a fully grown adult with a wife & family acting like a petulant child that’s the culprit.

There is a difference between what Kane is chosing to do and what is happening as a consequence of the move not happening.
We don't know if he's dragging his heels about or if he's genuinely struggling.

What makes me kinda chuckle is Levy is doing his utmost to try and not spend money on players but wastes fucking millions on sub standard players and terrible deals... he is useless when it comes to football matters but more then likely great at asset management.

Does not matter how good or bad he is. He wants away and that's all there is to it. Eriksen Rose Dembele Kane how many others felt fckd over by levy?

It's a shit way to end things, any bad break up should now be known as a levy.

Whilst City opened the bidding with a pathetic £75m + £25m in add ons, I do think a deal could have been done. With the likes of Laporte, Bernardo Silva, Jesus being offered up as potential swaps we shit in the bed. I’d have taken those 3 without a penny for Kane , then signed Ings for the £20m or so that Villa got him for. We would have been a considerably better side now.
At the time I said I would sell Kane for £120m as I didn’t want a unhappy player at the club, I feared an injury or a lack of effort would harm us this season, but I didn’t think it would be this bad.
Levy should have said you have 2 weeks to get a deal done, our price is £120m (or x amount plus players) take it or leave it so it didn’t drag on all summer.
None of those would have come to spurs

Back
Top Bottom