Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Conte’s signings in PL include Rudiger, Alonso and Kante. There were a few others that I will not mention, in order to keep ‘looking on the bright side of life.

Right, I get it. Anything ever written which is also on Twitter is a Twitter rumour. Makes sense.

You’ve got an impressive track record: Being a complete and utter self-contradicting dickhead on here from 2012-2021. Long may it - and will it - continue.
Everything’s a rumour until he’s “holding the shirt” and I couldn’t give a fuck if it’s the Guardian or some twat on COYS.

500.jpg

Last edited:
18 month contract? Something not quite right there....who the hell signs for 18 months?

We just had to pay out £20 million or whatever it was to Mourinho to pay off his contract 6 months ago. I’m assuming levy doesn’t want a repeat of that and it’s that simple. It’s 18 months with an option for a further 12 months. I really don’t think it’s something to worry about but it will be used as a stick to beat the club with by those in the media who are jealous. If it happens of course 😉

50% wins 50% losses, goodbye Nuno.

I was curious with Conte, not so much how many games has he won as a manager in recent years, but how many times has he lost a game?

Including a stint as Italy manager, at Juventus twice, Inter Milan and Chelsea, in 361 games his loss percentage was just 14%.

We beat City twice, fairly comfortably under Mourinho.
Some will never understand that Jose came in believing in a product. After working with the players he realised that the product just wasn't as good as it seemed. Levy believed this product was worth more than it really was. Players Jose wanted sold, weren't. Players bought weren't what Jose wanted. Levy pulled all the strings. It was pretty much action replay of Poch's last year.

Now along comes Conté. Levy is pushed into a corner because fans are booing and leaving the stadium and all of a sudden Conté may be hired. Dele, Dier, Davis, Bergwjin, etc is seen for what they really are.......(Average at best). TFC has a huge change of heart. Basically everything Jose want changed will be changed with Conté.

And the Cherry in top, Conté plays exactly the same football as Jose.

Some need to stop fooling themselves.

I don’t think whatever war chest is agreed that it will include the sale of Kane. Conte partly didn’t want to come in the summer because he thought Kane would be sold. Apparently he was impressed by Spurs stance of no deal which has encouraged him to come.

I think the Spurs financial results are due soon but I read somewhere that they are good having come through Covid and that might be enabling the board to loosen the purse strings.

Back
Top Bottom