Which players need to go?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I generally believe that new coach should be able to assess ability from zero.
But there is one exception who should not get a chance and hopefully his stadium access key is already taken from him - and that is Dele.

I don't want to see him being imposer for first 3 weeks like under Mou and then totally vanishing once more. It only -
- disrupts the rythm of the whole team and finding best possible lineup
- just buys him time to continue taking wages and playing poorly even in few months perspective
- keeps his value in constant decline

We should cash in on him in 1st day of the window and put this money into player who has basic footballing ability like controlling the ball, looking around and making a pass... instead of trying fancy 3 meter flicks that almost never come off. He had the talent but it is gone. He has finishing ability and ability to be in right place at the right time, but for Spurs level he is not good enough on No10 role (position requires more composure), he is not good enough in CM (not sufficient mid-to-long range passing + lack of composure).

For everyone else I am willing to give a chance, but Dele is definition of Spurs downfall. His attitude and commitment are questionable and he has friends in the changing room. Spurs don't need that influence. Hope he will only play in Conference league from now on and is sold in winter.

I'm not exactly thrilled with Dele but writing him off before Winks seems a little over the top.

The get the fuck out of the club immediately list:
Doherty
Davies
Winks

The not good enough so please leave soon list:
Dier
Dele
Sanchez

The not good enough and need to do something quick list:
Bergwijn
Lo Celso

Tbf everyone has to fucking improve.

I'm not exactly thrilled with Dele but writing him off before Winks seems a little over the top.

Winks is different cause -
- value we would get for him is lower anyway and will not decrease as sharply as in case of Dele
- he has been like he is constantly, he does not look good in first 2 weeks and utter shit after, whatever his level is, he does not pretend to be something that he is not
- on lower wages compared to Dele
- despite not being a quality option, he at least has a position...unlike Dele

Of course i like to see both go. But Dele first still.

I don't think the list changes that much for me.

Guys that should be gone no matter what:

Dier
Sanchez
Moura
Dele
Winks

Guys that I want gone but if Conte can fit them in (likely on the 2nd team) then fine:

Davies
Doherty
Bergwijn
Royal

Guys I don't see a fit but if Conte does then fine:

Gil
Ndombele
Lo Celso
Lloris

Guys who I am indifferent on keeping or going but if Conte wants then keep:

PEH
Rodon
Gollini

Guy I would hope fits but if he wants out sell:

Kane

Guy I forgot is even in the squad:

Sessegnon

Guys I would hope we keep:

Romero, Son, Reguilon, Skipp

I think we need a LCB, a deep lying midfielder and RWB in the starting 11. We need to add a striker, need to upgrade CB depth, need to add MFers that fit better.

-Kane: 75+ million
-Lo Celso: 30+ million
-Dele: 20-30 million
-Dier: 15-20 million
-Winks: 10-15 million

There's your 150+ million

Obviously there's more that need to go but we can't get rid of everyone.

Last edited:
I’d bet there is at least one player that we widely hate that Conte somehow redeems into a good and important player.

winks, dele, dier, davies, doherty...could probably get 80 million for that load of shit, which is absolutely insane.

theres more to go, but they are priority to get out the door imo.

winks and dele should of been sold a couple years ago, there was big signs then they wasnt good enough and at the time their value was perceived as high. idiot fans who havent got a clue might of questioned it but we would of gained an extra 100 million. that could of been the kick start we needed like liverpool got from coutinho.

Last edited:
Agree with
winks, dele, dier, davies, doherty...could probably get 80 million for that load of shit, which is absolutely insane.

theres more to go, but they are priority to get out the door imo.

winks and dele should of been sold a couple years ago, there was big signs then they wasnt good enough and at the time their value was perceived as high. idiot fans who havent got a clue might of questioned it but we would of gained an extra 100 million. that could of been the kick start we needed like liverpool got from coutinho.
Agree with that list keep sess he is still young and may be conte can work on him.

Dead weight

2DF
Republic of Ireland
IRL
Matt Doherty
6DF
Colombia
COL
Davinson Sánchez
8MF
England
ENG