Which players need to go?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Surprised so many are putting Lucas on the to sell list. Do I think we should keep him long term? No, probably not. But he has arguably been one of our best players this season, and I would rather sell Stevie or a whole bunch of other players before selling Lucas.

-Kane: 75+ million
-Lo Celso: 30+ million
-Dele: 20-30 million
-Dier: 15-20 million
-Winks: 10-15 million

There's your 150+ million

Obviously there's more that need to go but we can't get rid of everyone.
Kane 150 million
Locelso 50 million
Dele 60 million
Dier 50 million
Winks 40 million

Thats actually 350 million. 150 for Conte and Levy gets to keep 200 to pay the stadium. Levynomics!

Dier and Sanchez need to finally go. They just aren't good enough and always have a fake comeback before falling to shit again. Both are full of mistakes and awful on the ball. To play Contes football we need centre backs who can play out from the back, that seems like a recipe for disaster with these 2. I'd be stunned if he can get anything out of them.

Dier and Sanchez need to finally go. They just aren't good enough and always have a fake comeback before falling to shit again. Both are full of mistakes and awful on the ball. To play Contes football we need centre backs who can play out from the back, that seems like a recipe for disaster with these 2. I'd be stunned if he can get anything out of them.

I don't fully get the Dier hate.

He certainly has errors in him, agreed.
Should he be a starting CB? I would say not.
He also has certainly lost some of the mobility / dynamism that he used to have when he played as DM.

But I personally would not mind keeping him as 3rd / 4th CB option + emergency cover for RB+DM.

Saying that for a CB "Dier is awful on the ball" is obviously off target. He can make some bad decisions but he has ability to play long passes and diagonals. I think it was for one of Reggie recent assists he gave pinpoint accurate long pass? Sanchez is panicky and bad with both short and long range of passing, but about Dier this sounds wrong.

Everyone gets a clean slate - this is exactly how Conte will be looking at the situation, we all have our favs/non favs and our bias but at the end of the day it's down to whoever the coach sees fit and yes if that means the likes of Winks/Dele/Sanchez/Doherty somehow fit his system and that somehow turns that into a team who are improving then so be it.

I don't fully get the Dier hate.

He certainly has errors in him, agreed.
Should he be a starting CB? I would say not.
He also has certainly lost some of the mobility / dynamism that he used to have when he played as DM.

But I personally would not mind keeping him as 3rd / 4th CB option + emergency cover for RB+DM.

Saying that for a CB "Dier is awful on the ball" is obviously off target. He can make some bad decisions but he has ability to play long passes and diagonals. I think it was for one of Reggie recent assists he gave pinpoint accurate long pass? Sanchez is panicky and bad with both short and long range of passing, but about Dier this sounds wrong.
He has been made a scapegoat for things that have nothing to do with him.
Is he good enough?... for the level we have been playing at..probably.... Is he good enough for Conte?...maybe not.

I have my own list of players I would prefer to see leave, but I have no issues with them being given a fresh start under Conte in the hopes they can turn things around.
Ultimately I also think there's only really Son now who I'd be really sad to see leave. Everyone else I could accept leaving even if I really like them. I want what's best for the team so if that means some of my favourites go then so be it.

He has been made a scapegoat for things that have nothing to do with him.
Is he good enough?... for the level we have been playing at..probably.... Is he good enough for Conte?...maybe not.
I think he's scapegoated partly because he seems to represent the Icarus like fall post CL final, where we had Toby and Jan, so close to ultimate success, then fell away and left with Dier.

That and because he's very average. He wouldn't particularly stand out at Norwich.

I think he's scapegoated partly because he seems to represent the Icarus like fall post CL final, where we had Toby and Jan, so close to ultimate success, then fell away and left with Dier.

That and because he's very average. He wouldn't particularly stand out at Norwich.
His fall from grace coincided with his appendix problem and injury, wonder if that really did for him.

Surprised so many are putting Lucas on the to sell list. Do I think we should keep him long term? No, probably not. But he has arguably been one of our best players this season, and I would rather sell Stevie or a whole bunch of other players before selling Lucas.

I'm not anti-Lucas or anything but I just don't see what he offers us most of the time. Now, I do think that Conte may be able to get some real quality out of him so I'm anxious to see what happens.

I think he gets far too much slack because people love how Spurs he is on social media, and for the Ajax game. If you strip those things away, all you have left is a player who runs around a lot, doesn't get injured very often, but where 90% of most of the plays that come to him die. He's basically a poor man's version of Son where he has the pace and determination, but more often than not his ball control fails him and/or his passing is highly suspect.

I generally like him and hope Conte can get a tune out of him, but I really think that he is far overvalued at the moment and most of that is because he is really working hard and it stands out against a lot of dross this season.

No way we should sell Lucas. He is one of our best players (not saying a lot this year I know but he’s very good)

Winks - average player who is having a negative attitude start to grow

Clarke - never should be at our club in the first place

Doherty - past his best.

The rest I want to wait and see what Conte does. Davies could be a good 5th CB option. Bergwijn might find his form under Conte with his work rate. And I’m not ready to give up on Dele yet but if he can’t improve under Conte then he’s done.

Lets just say if the likes of Davies, Dier, Doherty Winks Sanchez etc are still playing games for us, then Conte is less likely to succeed.. Right now he has no choice obviously, but after the transfer windows i expect him to dump these fools.

Lucas sucks. The best thing his supporters come up with is that he tries hard and loves the club. He gets a pass because people like him not because he does anything on the field.

In terms of actual skill he can't pass, can't score, doesn't help defensively, isn't helpful in link up play.

He is an attacker that contributes nothing to the attack. He represents the issue we have at this club a lack of skill being ignored because they try hard and are likable.

Dele 60 million
Dier 50 million
Winks 40 million
giphy.gif

Lucas sucks. The best thing his supporters come up with is that he tries hard and loves the club. He gets a pass because people like him not because he does anything on the field.

In terms of actual skill he can't pass, can't score, doesn't help defensively, isn't helpful in link up play.

He is an attacker that contributes nothing to the attack. He represents the issue we have at this club a lack of skill being ignored because they try hard and are likable.

There's others who are worse and probably need to go before him than him so it's strange you're singling him out.

Despite his faults we know he is quick and can go past players and can track back, maybe Conte can turn him into a Victor Moses, who knows.

Kane 150 million
Locelso 50 million
Dele 60 million
Dier 50 million
Winks 40 million

Thats actually 350 million. 150 for Conte and Levy gets to keep 200 to pay the stadium. Levynomics!
Love the humour. Laughed at the breakdown of Conte and Levy. But then the realisation there was a time those players were worth those amounts . But not today.

Back
Top Bottom