Which players need to go?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There's others who are worse and probably need to go before him than him so it's strange you're singling him out.

Despite his faults we know he is quick and can go past players and can track back, maybe Conte can turn him into a Victor Moses, who knows.

I didn't single him out I had a long list of players to move out.

I singled him out in that post because it was a response to a specific post.

There's others who are worse and probably need to go before him than him so it's strange you're singling him out.

Despite his faults we know he is quick and can go past players and can track back, maybe Conte can turn him into a Victor Moses, who knows.
Igula Igula has always had a hatred for Lucas. Out of all the issues with our squad, Lucas is way at the bottom of it.

He adds pace, is always looking to attack, puts a shift in with pressing and tracking back and he never complains when he is used for cups or Europa league games. Perfect squad player for a club that will not pay excessive wages to backups.

Dele, Winks, Doherty, Bergwijn, Ndombele, Sanchez, Doherty, Sanchez, Davies are all players who considered to be listed to sell way before Lucas.

Igula Igula has always had a hatred for Lucas. Out of all the issues with our squad, Lucas is way at the bottom of it.

He adds pace, is always looking to attack, puts a shift in with pressing and tracking back and he never complains when he is used for cups or Europa league games. Perfect squad player for a club that will not pay excessive wages to backups.

Dele, Winks, Doherty, Bergwijn, Ndombele, Sanchez, Doherty, Sanchez, Davies are all players who considered to be listed to sell way before Lucas.

Its not hatred it is an honest assessment of his actual skills, which are none. I don't get starry eyed about him because he scored a hattrick Amsterdam or posts that he loves Spurs on Instagram.

I see his pathetic goal totals, watch him unable to pass a ball in anyway and see the frustration from all fans watch him run into deadends.

Not desperate to see the back of anyone, but I think the likes of Winks, Davies and Alli need a fresh start somewhere else.

I also wouldn't be bothered if any one of Sanchez, Dier, Sessegnon, Lo Celso, Ndombele and Bergwijn left, as long as they were replaced adequately. But out of them all I'd keep Ndombele, as I feel he's still worth investing a bit more time in.

Its not hatred it is an honest assessment of his actual skills, which are none. I don't get starry eyed about him because he scored a hattrick Amsterdam or posts that he loves Spurs on Instagram.

I see his pathetic goal totals, watch him unable to pass a ball in anyway and see the frustration from all fans watch him run into deadends.
You are way off with his skill. He does not score as much as we all want but he does plenty of other good on the pitch. His pressing and defensive work are vital for how we will be playing.

Just to add to this. His stats outside of goals scored.

3rd in key passes
6th in xA
2nd in shot creating actions
1st in tackles won in attacking third
3rd in pressures
1st by a long way in attacking dribbles

He is easily our third best attacker this season (possibly second the way Kane is playing)

Need to stop worrying about individual players all the time. It’s why we are so weak, reliant on individual brilliance, Conte will try and make an actual team out of us which we haven’t been for probably 3 plus years or even more. When you become a team you hide individual player weaknesses and you spread the attacking and defensive burden better.

Just to add to this. His stats outside of goals scored.

3rd in key passes
6th in xA
2nd in shot creating actions
1st in tackles won in attacking third
3rd in pressures
1st by a long way in attacking dribbles

He is easily our third best attacker this season (possibly second the way Kane is playing)

Kane is playing terribly and still contributing so much more. It is a perfect sign that you think Moura has been good this year and he still can't match Kane playing at 10%. We need players that can match Kane at his best not play almost as good as him when he couldn't care less.

Yeah thought as much, it came across a little personal but alas each to their own and all that 🤷‍♀️

Kane is playing terribly and still contributing so much more. It is a perfect sign that you think Moura has been good this year and he still can't match Kane playing at 10%. We need players that can match Kane at his best not play almost as good as him when he couldn't care less.
Well I guess that ends this conversation. If you think we are buying 10 players who can match Kane’s skill when he’s at his best then you are obviously delusional.

When he’s at his best there are not 10 players available that can match him.

Well I guess that ends this conversation. If you think we are buying 10 players who can match Kane’s skill when he’s at his best then you are obviously delusional.

When he’s at his best there are not 10 players available that can match him.

Who said buy 10 players tgat can match Kanes skill?

I want guys that when Kane is playing like shut aren’t still producing less. If you think it’s cool having an attacking player who can’t score that’s great for you.

I look at it like this .. we have a front three of

Son Kane Moura

Moura is the player that would make way to upgrade that front 3

Still he's a decent enough squad player who has been a good servent for the club

I look at it like this .. we have a front three of

Son Kane Moura

Moura is the player that would make way to upgrade that front 3

Still he's a decent enough squad player who has been a good servent for the club
We can definitely use an upgrade in the starting XI over Lucas. But he is a great option off the bench for our squad. No way he should be sold.

Who said buy 10 players tgat can match Kanes skill?

I want guys that when Kane is playing like shut aren’t still producing less. If you think it’s cool having an attacking player who can’t score that’s great for you.
You did. “We need players that can match Kane at his best not play almost as good as him when he couldn't care less.”

You literally said we need players to match Kane at his best. Which is impossible.

everyone GIF

I complain about lucas a lot because he does have major flaws and is not good enough to be a surefire starter, but Igula Igula is just completely unreasonable. Lucas was MOTM against City in the first game... there was one play where he cut inside, dribbled 50 yards, beat 3 or 4 players, and slid a pass just a bit ahead of Son who still gathered it and possessed the ball near the corner flag. He missed the final pass but we still had a near chance and gained 50+ yards of territory.

Igula said that play showed how terrible Lucas is because he slightly mishit the pass while completely ignoring the fact that he dribbled 50 yards where almost all of our other players would have passed it sideways or backwards. Deluded!

Back
Top Bottom