Dilan Markanday

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Literally just came here like "damn, it's about time this lad starts getting talked about more" so good to see this thread made!

I've been following him a bit over the last year or so and keep being impressed by his effort and output. Really hope he can impress Conte. If Scarlet is getting game time while being so green I see no reason Dilan shouldn't.

Maybe send out on loan in Jan? Get some proper competition in him

Good luck to him. I wonder (if he comes good) if he'll end up being talked about more because of being of south asian descent, which is a rarity in the PL considering their proportion of the population - hopefully that doesn't get focussed on too much and he can just be his own guy.

I agree with _Keano_ _Keano_ that if he's good enough, he should be getting loaned out to a Championship or League 1 side in January. At the very least we should be using the Europa Conference League to get him some minutes if a match is dead.

Levy must have an eye on the huge Indian market and the commercial possibilities if Markanday actually makes the successful step up into the senior team

This is one guy who will benefit from Conte's arrival.

Anyone can see that he is ready to challenge the first steamers.

I have not been so excited to see a young guy progress since Stevev Perryman, yes and that includes H Kane !!

Rightly handled, he could be a Hazard, Hoddle or Foden

Very few make it to the top as we can see with Sess, Clarke etc. But it is about time that we had someone come through who truly loves the club from an early age.

Please God I'm right. Steve played more than anyone, at centre midfield, right back and centre half. He should have been an England regular, but got ONE cap in Iceland. At least he got that even despite being overlooked by England manager's.

Why do I liken him to Steve ? BECAUSE Steve came into a full international team and showed the attitude that they should all have had. He ran around with purpose and his early crunching tackles made him an immediate fan favourite and ultimately a legend. And yes I am really hopeful that Markandy could do the same.
In reality, there are very few REAL legends that would appear to be willing to give blood in the fight. The other one that comes to mind is Mabbutt..............

only watched a couple of U23 matches, but this lad looks more ready for moving up than Scarlett
maybe because of te position he plays, Scarlett is trying to be a CF where you get bished & boshed by CH's that will be hard for a kid

Dylan Markanday sound like 3 blokes who flat share together in some posh North West London block....

...or is that Dylan, Mark and Andy?!!!

Hearing good things about him, (and Etete) but as we're still waiting on Dane Scarlett to get going.... Let's take the time with them... Maybe a Jan loan move for him too?? no presh presh!

Dylan Markanday sound like 3 blokes who flat share together in some posh North West London block....

...or is that Dylan, Mark and Andy?!!!

Hearing good things about him, (and Etete) but as we're still waiting on Dane Scarlett to get going.... Let's take the time with them... Maybe a Jan loan move for him too?? no presh presh!
Dylan is ready to make his Mark and prove that he is Andy ! Put him in

Etete wasn't scoring for Northampton until recently.

Scarlett definitely needs to go out on loan to Norwich, QPR or Reading, all of whom play attacking football.

Aren’t there some contract problems? Ie he won’t sign one?
His current contract runs until 30th June 2022 so if he doesn't sign a new one before January, then on paper he's allowed to sign a precontract with another club, although there's also a good chance Tottenham have a triggerable extra year clause in his current contract to keep him until June 2023 as they have with most of the youth players, so not 100% sure how that works with precontracts.
Think there was talk that the club were planning on offering him a new contract soon but you would think that he would want more than just another 1 year extension as he has previously got. Probably something similar to what CCV got which I think was a 2 year deal with an option to extend it a year every time the club agrees a loan deal.

only watched a couple of U23 matches, but this lad looks more ready for moving up than Scarlett
maybe because of te position he plays, Scarlett is trying to be a CF where you get bished & boshed by CH's that will be hard for a kid
Glad to hear on Markanday, but to be fair to Scarlett, Dilan is like 3.5 years older than him.

Would love to be wrong but having seen just how tiny this fella is (as in like, makes Harry Winks look like The Rock) I would be extremely surprised if he could handle the physicality required at the PL level.

Back
Top Bottom