Ryan Mason

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

any system with bale or ndombele in is better than any system with little winks in.
You're wasting your time with a Bayern trollolol - he literally claimed few days ago Davies is part of our best defensive 4

Prob confused with Alfonso Davies from his Twitter feed

Last edited:
Again .. wasn't an option over Bale, unless you wanted Bale to play CM. He played him over Ndombele, Alli or Sissoko.

The obsession over this decision would make sense if Winks had put in a terrible performance. He was fine, and we had much worse performers on the day. Winks starting wasn't why we lost that final.
:contefacepalm:

Imagine claiming to be an xG football expert and also claiming Winks deserved to start ahead of Bale and Ndombele in our most important game that season

Last edited:
Mate don’t bother he’s basically defending Mason for doing the same shit Jose did regarding creative players, while calling him a great young prospect
And claiming it was the right call to play mates from his social media accounts instead of quality players on merit

We were completely outplayed by City - worse than anything under Jose

LMFAO

Bale didn't press, Moura does. Vs City you want players who press them. But yes .. the midfield wasn't ideal, but the options we had instead weren't either. Ndombele, as I've said, was in total non-entity mode for AGES before that final, and we started Lo Celso. We went with a midfield 3 to try and crowd them out, it didn't work entirely but they did struggle to create from open play.

The issue was we struggled to get out at all, or build attacks.
From what I recall we didn’t press either we just let them have the ball and played an even lower block than Dino. The possesion stats were ridiculous. We did t even counter it was an embarrassing performance in final, so timid. As for ndombele he played well when we beat citeh. I’m sure regardless of what mason thought of him or winks he would have been the better option alongside gio and PEH. All hindsight I guess but he continued to play winks for most of the remaining games as well and dump ndombele completely. I’m sure tanguy must have been doing Cart wheels when he heard mason was head couch!

From what I recall we didn’t press either we just let them have the ball and played an even lower block than Dino. The possesion stats were ridiculous. We did t even counter it was an embarrassing performance in final, so timid. As for ndombele he played well when we beat citeh. I’m sure regardless of what mason thought of him or winks he would have been the better option alongside gio and PEH. All hindsight I guess but he continued to play winks for most of the remaining games as well and dump ndombele completely. I’m sure tanguy must have been doing Cart wheels when he heard mason was head couch!
This x 100%

Sounds like the Twitter highlights failed some people on here

:contefacepalm:

Imagine claiming to be an xG football expert and also claiming Winks deserved to start ahead of Bale and Ndombele in our most important game that season

You and Sammy are cut from the same cloth. I didn't claim that, multiple times now I've stated starting Winks was a mistake, simply one I can understand and don't wish to obsess over like some. You wanna write Mason off from potentially having a coaching career because of it? Go ahead.

Some people just need a demon to fight and Ryan Mason has been chosen. Even appointing one of the best managers in the world doesn't change that. Some people are just in this game to criticise and moan.

It's weird.

Mate don’t bother he’s basically defending Mason for doing the same shit Jose did regarding creative players, while calling him a great young prospect

Except we were far more entertaining under Mason than under Jose, scored 4 in two games, and bagged in every league game under him. You're the one who backed Nuno to the hilt and was behind Jose, yet you wanna have a go at me for suggesting Mason maybe has potential as a coach?

But no, let's write him off because he picked Winks for a game .. this seems rational.

Except we were far more entertaining under Mason than under Jose, scored 4 in two games, and bagged in every league game under him. You're the one who backed Nuno to the hilt and was behind Jose, yet you wanna have a go at me for suggesting Mason maybe has potential as a coach?

But no, let's write him off because he picked Winks for a game .. this seems rational.
I said Jose deserved a season.
Head he got a full season before being replaced, we wouldn’t be in this mess and quite possibly had a cup.

I backed Nuno until the Moura sub.

I like Mason, he shouldn’t be anywhere the first team though and hasn’t shown anything to suggest otherwise

I said Jose deserved a season.
Head he got a full season before being replaced, we wouldn’t be in this mess and quite possibly had a cup.

I backed Nuno until the Moura sub.

I like Mason, he shouldn’t be anywhere the first team though and hasn’t shown anything to suggest otherwise

We showed more under Mason in that small collection of games than we did under the entirety of Nuno's time in charge, and far more than Mourinho had for months. He didn't show anything? Nothing at all? Taking charge of Spurs at 29 and doing pretty well results wise - aside from a fucking final - was terrible? Also quite possibly a cup? Yeah, I was really positive going in to that final under Jose. We were in such fantastic form.

If Conte is happy for Mason to be on his coaching staff, I'm happy. No idea why you wouldn't be.

We showed more under Mason in that small collection of games than we did under the entirety of Nuno's time in charge, and far more than Mourinho had for months. He didn't show anything? Nothing at all? Taking charge of Spurs at 29 and doing pretty well results wise - aside from a fucking final - was terrible? Also quite possibly a cup? Yeah, I was really positive going in to that final under Jose. We were in such fantastic form.

If Conte is happy for Mason to be on his coaching staff, I'm happy. No idea why you wouldn't be.
Like he’ll have any say in matters but he might be able to point Conte and his staff to a decent local pasta restaurant but Ryan might learn something

Like he’ll have any say in matters but he might be able to point Conte and his staff to a decent local pasta restaurant but Ryan might learn something

I agree, he'll be there to learn. Happy to be optimistic about his future as a coach though, rather than write him off. Not claiming he should have any power or authority yet, he's incredibly young, and has a lot to learn, and now he's doing that from one of the best around.

There are people in this forum that HATE Mason, who call him names, who actually seriously believe that he "plays his mates" over and above for what he sees for the good of Tottenham Hotspur. You know who you are, we know who you are.

Back
Top Bottom