Gareth Bale

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It's as if last season never happened, it was a really strange season with the whole signing Bale and Jose not playing him thing, Bale could have played more but I think he had the wrong attitude having said that he was being coached by the wrong manager.

It's as if last season never happened, it was a really strange season with the whole signing Bale and Jose not playing him thing, Bale could have played more but I think he had the wrong attitude having said that he was being coached by the wrong manager.
As is usual when two big egos clash. Both sides are sorta in the right and sorta in the wrong.

Even if he joins in january he wont be match fit until May. Until then he’d just be sitting on the sidelines grinning like an elf that just shat itself

Sad if true but it looks as if his mind is no longer into football (partly to do with his injuries of course)

We should have tried to get him on loan this season really but I suspect he didn’t fancy signing on under Nuno. He’d have contributed more than Gil, Bergwijn etc already by now. He was on fire at the end of last season, destroying the league for fun.

I reckon if Jose was at Utd when Ronaldo came back he wouldn't play him.

That was such a waste having Bale and using him against Marine or with ten minutes to turn a game around. If he was playing more and enjoying his football he would have done well, I'm sure the crowd would have loved him and appealed to his ego, particularly because of how he was treated at Real and that would have come out in his game.

He should have been on for the first 60 mins not the last 10.

Bale’s body is broken, I don’t know why people are still living in this fantasy world where he can train and play consistently.

It took him months to get fit last season. He scored some nice goals against dreck when he did eventually play but didn’t have the legs to do the hard yards in tougher games. He has missed almost the entire season 21/22 though injury. He is finished.

There are many players in the world who can score goals but who can also train hard every day and compete in the PL. He can’t. We need strong, tough players if we’re going to improve. Not people made of wet tissue. We have enough sicknotes already. He couldn’t even reach Mourinho’s low standard of physical condition and there is no chance he could meet Conte’s.

Bale’s body is broken, I don’t know why people are still living in this fantasy world where he can train and play consistently.

It took him months to get fit last season. He scored some nice goals against dreck when he did eventually play but didn’t have the legs to do the hard yards in tougher games. He has missed almost the entire season 21/22 though injury. He is finished.

There are many players in the world who can score goals but who can also train hard every day and compete in the PL. He can’t. We need strong, tough players if we’re going to improve. Not people made of wet tissue. We have enough sicknotes already. He couldn’t even reach Mourinho’s low standard of physical condition and there is no chance he could meet Conte’s.
Yeah, too late now and we missed the chance that we literally had and paid for.

Still, Jose right?

Back
Top Bottom