Giovani Lo Celso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Feel like i can post this in a lot of different player threads, but this is Lo Celso's 4th manager in 2 years. Each manager had a different style and wanted him to do different things. Insane when you think how many times he's had to settle and start over again.

It's not an excuse for lack of effort, but there's a big reason why most of our new players look a shell of the player we thought we were getting.

Good Lord people are making so much of this corner, probably the same people who would have a go at Eriksen for not beating the first man, bunch of corner nonces :D
In all fairness, this was
1)one of the worst corners I have ever seen taken and
2) at a critical point in the game when we had just gone a man up and put pressure on.

To your point, every player makes similar fuck ups from time to time.

I think people are focusing on the corner a bit much. It was a shit corner but these things happen. As for Lo Celso his performances haven’t been anywhere near good enough, his injury record for Spurs is very concerning, yet always seems to play for Argentina. I could see him being a deep lying midfielder for us in Conte’s system but I can also see him leaving in the summer. At this point I think the latter is more likely.

just another player who hasn't lived up to what was expected from him
GLC, Lamerla, Nodombele all came in with good attacking/creative skills/numbers
But none have lived up to it
not sure if its the scouting teams fault or manager/coaches or just they can't step up to ELP needs
ELP maybe not a better standard,but is more powerful, stronger so must be hard for creative players to make it

just another player who hasn't lived up to what was expected from him
GLC, Lamerla, Nodombele all came in with good attacking/creative skills/numbers
But none have lived up to it
not sure if its the scouting teams fault or manager/coaches or just they can't step up to ELP needs
ELP maybe not a better standard,but is more powerful, stronger so must be hard for creative players to make it
ELP??

:bergwijnconfused:

To be fair, since Lo Celso arrived at Spurs he's played under Pochettino, Mason, Mourinho, Nuno and now Conte.
Thus said, he still should have performed better but the way he plays for Argentina shows there is a top-class player in him - but maybe the EPL isn't for him. If a good offer came in for him I'd let him go.

but maybe the EPL isn't for him.
he was our best player for a period of time though. granted it was a few years ago now and hes been pretty underwhelming since. like you said hes decent for argentina so there is a player in there. i actually think hes the one player in our squad who has the right tools to be a decent deep lying playmaker for us (when hes actually on form).

Playing well again for Argentina. The guy is wasted here. He's a great player, but can't adapt to english football to save his life. He's wasting his career here, and we're wasting our time trying to make him come good when he won't. If we sold him to some team like Juve, he'd set Serie A alight, I have no doubts about that.

Back
Top Bottom