Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Ventrone looks like your gran...if she was a psychopathic sadist...
grandma bb calm down GIF by Originals

I think all this "too many staff" stuff is and always was a red-herring(*).... Their wages will relatively be chicken feed. Poch had (and still does have) his own crew and you can bet he'd have insisted on bringing them all back in if we'd re-hired him in the summer too.

(*Nor do I buy Conte's "I was still pining for Inter" jive.......)

Degree of autonomy and funding would have undoubtedly been the sticking point in the summer and seemingly we've since conceded to AC's demands.

Agree, think it was all about leverage. Maybe from both sides too. In the summer, Conte maybe thought he'd have a few more clubs making him an offer and obviously, whatever Levy put on the table wasn't good enough. Fast forward and it was only Man Utd as a possible option and they decided to stick with Ole. From the other side, in the summer Levy thought he could dicate terms with Conte, as he'd just go for another option if Conte didn't like what was presented. Well, he went with the other option and that ended with a stadium full of pissed off fans calling for Levy's head and a team with the underlying stats of a relegation side. In short, minds were focussed and I'm sure Paratici was keeping Conte informed of developments as our season unravelled.

A turn of events, I think we might have got lucky as a club, but we need Levy to grasp this opportunity and do everything possible to allow Conte a chance to succeed. Right now, we have the best manager that we could possibly get and a Director of Football who he has a good working relationship with already. If Levy can allow those two to do their work, then we should all be very excited as to what can happen next.

You look at that video and people genuinely believe he asked personally for Mason

:roseunsure:

Hey Sammy, you are a colour therapy connoisseur, how do you know what caused the yellow?

Asking for a friend...

Bad joke, will take a break from anything nutrition, except in OT...

Last edited:
You look at that video and people genuinely believe he asked personally for Mason

All the reports are saying he asked for Mason. He didn't have to, but a smart manager would bring into his team a club coach, one that has come up through the ranks, for many reasons other than that "Levy forced him." At most Levy may have suggested that he take a look at Mason, but if Conte decided Mason was not up to snuff, he wouldn't be anywhere near his coaching team. Conte was holding all the cards. Levy couldn't force him to do anything he didn't want to.

But yeah, you go on believing the narrative in your head.

All the reports are saying he asked for Mason. He didn't have to, but a smart manager would bring into his team a club coach, one that has come up through the ranks, for many reasons other than that "Levy forced him." At most Levy may have suggested that he take a look at Mason, but if Conte decided Mason was not up to snuff, he wouldn't be anywhere near his coaching team. Conte was holding all the cards. Levy couldn't force him to do anything he didn't want to.

Too much logic here, needs more conspiracy theory bollocks. Ryan is a mole planted by Levy and Conte is powerless to say no, as he famously does what he's told and isn't a strong personality. Everyone knows this.

The more I see of Mr Conte the more I think our squad really isnt ready for him - there will have to be some big changes to this team and some will not be popular - which we've needed ever since Poch alluded to it. I really do wonder what changed Levy's mind on this, i can only presume the hostile atmos in the ground and many membership cancellations made him finally realise this serious squad surgery is needed now

In the newly released Conte video he says he wants the current staff to collaborate closely with his. Bringing Mason in is a perfect example of this. It was pretty obvious that was his intention. Conte seems to love having lots of information, that better and quicker way of doing that that having a member of staff close to the players, who managed them relatively successfully recently and knows them personally. Seems like a clever decision to me.

I personally think Mason could turn out to be a good manager one day, players who have their footballing career end early sometimes do, because they know the sport but move into coaching much earlier than their peers, and it means more to them.

He shouldn’t favour his mates but it’s understandable. That problem naturally resolves in time. It’s good that he is learning from the best. I expect he will go elsewhere eventually. If good enough he will come back. For now, it doesn’t mean much as it’s Conte in charge not Mason.

The joke isn't on those that lost thier lives, it's a joke about how bad we are, thought it was rather harmless tbh

We can laugh at ourselves sometimes
The two aren't connected.

Even IF we were absolute dogshit, making a joke about it, in comparison to War, is never appropriate.

Define 'harmless'....

I guess you're lucky (or young) enough to never have lost ANYONE in any conflict ever....? It's all just boring History books for you I assume... And good for you.

Imagine a World War in THIS day and age.... Half the people wouldn't know WHAT to do.... Except set up a GoFundMe page...
Though I'm sure the #prayforme insta-twat requests would be off the scale!!!!
But that wouldn't really help the war effort!

Back
Top Bottom