Ryan Mason

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

There are people in this forum that HATE Mason, who call him names, who actually seriously believe that he "plays his mates" over and above for what he sees for the good of Tottenham Hotspur. You know who you are, we know who you are.

This is precisely why we need to keep hold of him...
If CONTE rates him, that's good enough for me...
And if circumstances brought them together, then so be it... SOMETHING good might finally have come out of that horrific brain injury... Let's not forget the journey Ryan has been through to get here...

One of our own.

And if circumstances brought them together, then so be it... SOMETHING good might finally have come out of that horrific brain injury... Let's not forget the journey Ryan has been through to get here...

One of our own.
People also forget that it was Poch who was most impressed with Mason, the first person who "got it" at Spurs under him, of those at the Club it was Mason who Poch trusted when he started to bin off the likes of Paulinho, Ade, Capoue etc...

Whilst Poch and Conte's football stylistically differ, both share the same philosophies in training/conditioning etc.. They have both attended each others training sessions to observe the other at work (they are mates also I believe). In 2015 Conte was Poch's guest at Hotspur Way....

antonio-conte-mauricio-pochettino.jpg

So would be interesting to see how Mason developes under Conte.

You and Sammy are cut from the same cloth. I didn't claim that, multiple times now I've stated starting Winks was a mistake, simply one I can understand and don't wish to obsess over like some. You wanna write Mason off from potentially having a coaching career because of it? Go ahead.
Some people just need a demon to fight and Ryan Mason has been chosen. Even appointing one of the best managers in the world doesn't change that. Some people are just in this game to criticise and moan.

It's weird.
We showed more under Mason in that small collection of games than we did under the entirety of Nuno's time in charge, and far more than Mourinho had for months. He didn't show anything? Nothing at all? Taking charge of Spurs at 29 and doing pretty well results wise - aside from a fucking final - was terrible? Also quite possibly a cup? Yeah, I was really positive going in to that final under Jose. We were in such fantastic form.

If Conte is happy for Mason to be on his coaching staff, I'm happy. No idea why you wouldn't be.
I agree, he'll be there to learn. Happy to be optimistic about his future as a coach though, rather than write him off. Not claiming he should have any power or authority yet, he's incredibly young, and has a lot to learn, and now he's doing that from one of the best around.
What's weird is, that in coaching terms, Mason is right at the start of his career...
He's the equivalent of a 16 year old graduate being thrown into the first team...

He's NOT gonna be the finished article yet, and nor should he be...
He's potentially got YEARS ahead of him!

...and people kinda skim over the fact he shouldn't even be coaching yet emember!
IF it weren't for the injury, he may still well be playing football somewhere...

His managerial career would have been a while off...

As it is, he's been fast tracked into this role by virtue of a life changing injury... So he IS CHANGING his life, and learning on the job, from one of the BEST!

People are still waiting for Graham Potter to prove himself enough so that a massive club will come in for him, and he's been coaching for YEARS (albeit at a lower level!)

Give Ryan a few years learning under Conte... He may not end up being OUR manager again, but (like Scott Parker) could be one of several up and coming young English managers on whom SOMEONE will be grateful if getting into their club one day.

Give him time ffs!

What's weird is, that in coaching terms, Mason is right at the start of his career...
He's the equivalent of a 16 year old graduate being thrown into the first team...

...and people kinda skim over the fact he shouldn't even be coaching yet emember!
IF it weren't for the injury, he may still well be playing football somewhere...

As it is, he's been fast tracked into this role by virtue of a life changing injury... So he IS CHANGING his life, and learning on the job, from one of the BEST!

People are still waiting for Graham Potter to prove himself enough so that a massive club will come in for him, and he's been coaching for YEARS (albeit at a lower level!)

Give Ryan a few years learning under Conte... He may not end up being OUR manager again, but (like Scott Parker) could be one of several up and coming young English managers on whom SOMEONE will be grateful if getting into their club one day.

Give him time ffs!

The dislike for Mason is absurd in its weirdness.

Give him time ffs!

Yep. I'll never understand people seeming unhappy about a guy who went through what he did and clearly has a strong connection with the club going in to coaching. Seems to be some resentment there because of the way we played in that final, which is absurd .. he had one week to work with the team and was a 29 year old with zero management experience !!!

I for one am delighted we're giving him opportunities. He's clearly a very strong character to have recovered the way he did and pursued this career, and people have spotted attributes in him. Excited to see how he develops as a coach and as you say, maybe in 10 years (or however long!) he'll be back here as an experienced manager and ready to repay the clubs faith.

Yeah, that’s my point.
I don’t think it’s wise Levy pushing people into Contes circle
Yeah, but it's not like he's pushing me or you into Conte's circle (with our combined 0% knowledge or professional coaching experience...)
It's Ryan Mason, who, by all accounts is a willing student, an ex-pro and potentially a future manager in the making...
I don't think Conte would have ANYONE 'pushed' onto him... Whether he's heard of them or not...
Mason will prove himself on merit...
Just what IS your agenda with him... that he picked Winks in the Cup Final...? It was his first managerial Cup Final, and only his 2nd game in charge!!

Give the guy a fucking break man!

One of our own.
I'd dial down the' there's people that 'hate' Mason' and the odd ' we know who you are' senator Mccarthy weirdness. People on the Internet talk guff about football is as significant as absolutely nothing. They have way less power and influence than you seem to be giving them credit for. In fact for general overwrought weirdness they sound alot like you. I say this with love.

He had a chance to become a Spurs legend by winning us some silverware and he blew it big time. He let us supporters down. From what I can gauge he doesn’t seem particularly intelligent or sound in judgement, has the charisma of a pickled herring and the voice of Mr Bean. Yes he played for us but didn’t pull up any trees so let’s not get caught up in the romance of that. It’s a tough world and harsh as it may sound there is no room for sentiment. Should be nowhere near the first team at this moment in time
Productoperuano GIF

FWIW

Before his injury; Mason was being touted as a future coach. Following his move to Hull, Spurs assured Mason that he would always be welcome back once his playing career was done. Unfortunately this happened a lot sooner than anyone could have anticipated.

He is highly intelligent, articulate and hard working. And most of all, he is a fantastic bloke and very professional.

I for one hope that he goes on to be our head coach.

Yeah, but it's not like he's pushing me or you into Conte's circle (with our combined 0% knowledge or professional coaching experience...)
It's Ryan Mason, who, by all accounts is a willing student, an ex-pro and potentially a future manager in the making...
I don't think Conte would have ANYONE 'pushed' onto him... Whether he's heard of them or not...
Mason will prove himself on merit...
Just what IS your agenda with him... that he picked Winks in the Cup Final...? It was his first managerial Cup Final, and only his 2nd game in charge!!

Give the guy a fucking break man!
I don’t care who it is, my belief is that Levy should fuck off into his office and sign the checks when Conte gives him a transfer list and stay the fuck out of the dressing room in every single capacity.

Why is this being repeated? Bale isn't a central midfielder. Winks playing had nothing to do with Bale playing or not.
Imagine a scenario where a coach has Bale and a coach has Winks.

Imagine that coach using one but not the other.

Imagine that coach working out that he can change formation and doesn’t need to play Bale in central midfield just because Winks wasn’t playing.

Mind boggling isnt it

:llorishuh:

Imagine a scenario where a coach has Bale and a coach has Winks.

Imagine that coach using one but not the other.

Imagine that coach working out that he can change formation and doesn’t need to play Bale in central midfield just because Winks wasn’t playing.

Mind boggling isnt it

:llorishuh:
100% correct.

FWIW

Before his injury; Mason was being touted as a future coach. Following his move to Hull, Spurs assured Mason that he would always be welcome back once his playing career was done. Unfortunately this happened a lot sooner than anyone could have anticipated.

He is highly intelligent, articulate and hard working. And most of all, he is a fantastic bloke and very professional.

I for one hope that he goes on to be our head coach.
He may be highly intelligent compared to you but there is nothing about Mason that screams that Mensa will be knocking on his door anytime soon.

Back
Top Bottom