New Stadium

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It’s very complex , because they’ve made it so. You have THFC , TH properties & TH offshore developers ( based in the Bahamas)

Th properties monitor risks & uncertainties including the success of the first team, they are the decision makers , who are running at a £3m loss & has a value of £0 . They make no profit but had a expenditure of £43,000 last year
https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/document-api-images-live.ch.gov.uk/docs/r4Y22PjOu5LxWLRHMd7G9Lv4ePDz6UWa9BM6Qqg2EOQ/application-pdf?X-Amz-Algorithm=AWS4-HMAC-SHA256&X-Amz-Credential=ASIAWRGBDBV3ORXSW54C%2F20211113%2Feu-west-2%2Fs3%2Faws4_request&X-Amz-Date=20211113T082914Z&X-Amz-Expires=60&X-Amz-Security-Token=IQoJb3JpZ2luX2VjEIj%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2FwEaCWV1LXdlc3QtMiJHMEUCIQC4F84QBrolpXc74iJiFleHpt7irH2JrU5fassJ75JbYgIgSFPAnfs4Hur4qESLR%2BAjCGJdrm%2FttDUpqlnV8SjR6Twq%2BgMIQRAEGgw0NDkyMjkwMzI4MjIiDC4zymFrNYL0vT74fyrXA1MCP4TcsAMRuwgHyVHOhsiveo%2Fi23Zkf5nFMI9LKToMeoL%2BdcZ2QBBHa6zJVHNrmOzcQX7qymofmH6n3yOzaOYl6rpVGqB12YewKQ0Dyy5NtwteqfqnBw%2FstyO09gAMdES9WmXBMORdtAatuCJSwxd87p3%2BanwpwD08vkLnKr9L4O%2BU8VObcnfV9BkoeP5vAsb8K9tUeXjc2N9BqClViRc3KQbO%2Fj1StLpyY94QY8SZQeDq1HDu6wQUw9X2adg0qZVPW%2Bm78WO98x%2BIF1saHozB6MneVGtuLo%2BaXInd0m0Fs3wABIlDPHhJm3U3Vlw6OFrLvKp%2BdzPyzyVLfi0wr8CZsQxARX0RkjaAVNgfsxRWO9T5RRGKc%2FCJItF5w20XlObS1i%2BpdwKYOJFG%2BEtcqfuDgc6oarQEcubw8p%2BiC73qa3B3AxEiQQgZOo3NWN90csAe0ssjMfOLKaUIZWUdNm%2BZI5NE9MrbS%2F8tr6Wj7e5IRs07pZueGeuSQiWbFLfZvVmenLXGtV2s%2B1XQReJukB6bc3R6r2C3Vag9%2FBsYIHQCXZ7FmKbsXVGNunIW3%2FdZqLR7RqamFmfpEGT%2FKLU9Mmhvyr6i2WThmyZKOUFgxxMy6McE%2FXoc3zC80r2MBjqlAc%2F3o%2BlUqFT8YqVXbSDAz%2FalN5kyianUw52jEPe1S5PVx6fG1CTDkcgjT%2BveWNx6xiXlvnzia41iPckC1l0mK0jiUPQ%2BIlaidJV8R2br%2BIHtY7GfIazgP4P4624ZwElWBa2mrI1mGbsRJQ2Z3bX0DhvbtoqKhETHEeo0EvjkWZG%2BQZue8IX0LbCU08I6jTax7pf5uEXvv1gjCo79U0kNilFqtAHkhg%3D%3D&X-Amz-SignedHeaders=host&response-content-disposition=inline%3Bfilename%3D%22companies_house_document.pdf%22&X-Amz-Signature=ecb72b45d098921f9cc6a6e38c647ba5aab9f409a4f227dc9fc26e5274a64d05

TH Overseas Properties seem to the company who applied for building rights for the stadium etc on land owed by ENIC , hence why we are tenants & not owners of our own ground . Remember ENIC bought land from THFC on the cheap

ENIC have invested 180m into the build of the stadium , some of that was raised by charity events & have only invested £70m in 21 years into the team & left THFC with one of the biggest debts in football & themselves are not guarantors of this debt.

At the end of the day ENIC decide what we get out of it despite using our name as they own the land it’s all built on.

Sorry for the weird link
And the Oscar for the longest ever URL posted to TFC goes to…

It’s very complex , because they’ve made it so. You have THFC , TH properties & TH offshore developers ( based in the Bahamas)

Th properties monitor risks & uncertainties including the success of the first team, they are the decision makers , who are running at a £3m loss & has a value of £0 . They make no profit but had a expenditure of £43,000 last year
https://s3.eu-west-2.amazonaws.com/document-api-images-live.ch.gov.uk/docs/r4Y22PjOu5LxWLRHMd7G9Lv4ePDz6UWa9BM6Qqg2EOQ/application-pdf?X-Amz-Algorithm=AWS4-HMAC-SHA256&X-Amz-Credential=ASIAWRGBDBV3ORXSW54C%2F20211113%2Feu-west-2%2Fs3%2Faws4_request&X-Amz-Date=20211113T082914Z&X-Amz-Expires=60&X-Amz-Security-Token=IQoJb3JpZ2luX2VjEIj%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2F%2FwEaCWV1LXdlc3QtMiJHMEUCIQC4F84QBrolpXc74iJiFleHpt7irH2JrU5fassJ75JbYgIgSFPAnfs4Hur4qESLR%2BAjCGJdrm%2FttDUpqlnV8SjR6Twq%2BgMIQRAEGgw0NDkyMjkwMzI4MjIiDC4zymFrNYL0vT74fyrXA1MCP4TcsAMRuwgHyVHOhsiveo%2Fi23Zkf5nFMI9LKToMeoL%2BdcZ2QBBHa6zJVHNrmOzcQX7qymofmH6n3yOzaOYl6rpVGqB12YewKQ0Dyy5NtwteqfqnBw%2FstyO09gAMdES9WmXBMORdtAatuCJSwxd87p3%2BanwpwD08vkLnKr9L4O%2BU8VObcnfV9BkoeP5vAsb8K9tUeXjc2N9BqClViRc3KQbO%2Fj1StLpyY94QY8SZQeDq1HDu6wQUw9X2adg0qZVPW%2Bm78WO98x%2BIF1saHozB6MneVGtuLo%2BaXInd0m0Fs3wABIlDPHhJm3U3Vlw6OFrLvKp%2BdzPyzyVLfi0wr8CZsQxARX0RkjaAVNgfsxRWO9T5RRGKc%2FCJItF5w20XlObS1i%2BpdwKYOJFG%2BEtcqfuDgc6oarQEcubw8p%2BiC73qa3B3AxEiQQgZOo3NWN90csAe0ssjMfOLKaUIZWUdNm%2BZI5NE9MrbS%2F8tr6Wj7e5IRs07pZueGeuSQiWbFLfZvVmenLXGtV2s%2B1XQReJukB6bc3R6r2C3Vag9%2FBsYIHQCXZ7FmKbsXVGNunIW3%2FdZqLR7RqamFmfpEGT%2FKLU9Mmhvyr6i2WThmyZKOUFgxxMy6McE%2FXoc3zC80r2MBjqlAc%2F3o%2BlUqFT8YqVXbSDAz%2FalN5kyianUw52jEPe1S5PVx6fG1CTDkcgjT%2BveWNx6xiXlvnzia41iPckC1l0mK0jiUPQ%2BIlaidJV8R2br%2BIHtY7GfIazgP4P4624ZwElWBa2mrI1mGbsRJQ2Z3bX0DhvbtoqKhETHEeo0EvjkWZG%2BQZue8IX0LbCU08I6jTax7pf5uEXvv1gjCo79U0kNilFqtAHkhg%3D%3D&X-Amz-SignedHeaders=host&response-content-disposition=inline%3Bfilename%3D%22companies_house_document.pdf%22&X-Amz-Signature=ecb72b45d098921f9cc6a6e38c647ba5aab9f409a4f227dc9fc26e5274a64d05

TH Overseas Properties seem to the company who applied for building rights for the stadium etc on land owed by ENIC , hence why we are tenants & not owners of our own ground . Remember ENIC bought land from THFC on the cheap

ENIC have invested 180m into the build of the stadium , some of that was raised by charity events & have only invested £70m in 21 years into the team & left THFC with one of the biggest debts in football & themselves are not guarantors of this debt.

At the end of the day ENIC decide what we get out of it despite using our name as they own the land it’s all built on.

Sorry for the weird link

Agreed its complex, but all the more reason for THST to ask some straightforward questions !

I cannot open your link, so cannot see what it says.

However I followed the stadium build and property assembly at the time and understood a slightly different story :

1 The stadium itself is built on land wholly owned by the club (owned by Tottenham Hotspur Limited) or its subsidiaries, with a small amount being owned by 'Public Realm' and held on a long lease ) - so Spurs are owners not tenants.

2 ENIC companies own (including some land sold by the club) a number of properties around the stadium including for example the Sainsbury building (sometimes called Phase 1 of the stadium build)

In a few cases the property ownership is more confused, for example the s.106 Agreement shows the ownership of 798-808 High Road as Star Furnishing Co Ltd (a subsidiary of the Spurs group of companies and TH Property Limited (an ENIC company.) AttachmentShowServlet (haringey.gov.uk)

And some of the properties owned by ENIC companies have had planning permission applied for by a Spurs owned company, naming it as developer (and presumably entitled to some share of the profit arising from the development of the land package.

But its 2 very simple questions to ask

1. What properties do Tottenham Hotspur Limited (and its subsidiaries) 'Spurs' own, and what do ENIC own ? - Best answered with a map showing Spurs properties in one colour and ENIC in another possibly
2 What profit from each property development (what %) will Tottenham Hotspur Limited and its subsidiaries share in - and are there any developments where 'Spurs' have been named as applicant in planning documents where it will not share in profits. Probably best done by lists of each development.

Where ENIC have invested separately from Spurs, they are, like any other 3rd party, entitled to make profits on developing property. But where they are using Spurs name, then Spurs are entitled to a share of the profit.

Agreed its complex, but all the more reason for THST to ask some straightforward questions !

I cannot open your link, so cannot see what it says.

However I followed the stadium build and property assembly at the time and understood a slightly different story :

1 The stadium itself is built on land wholly owned by the club (owned by Tottenham Hotspur Limited) or its subsidiaries, with a small amount being owned by 'Public Realm' and held on a long lease ) - so Spurs are owners not tenants.

2 ENIC companies own (including some land sold by the club) a number of properties around the stadium including for example the Sainsbury building (sometimes called Phase 1 of the stadium build)

In a few cases the property ownership is more confused, for example the s.106 Agreement shows the ownership of 798-808 High Road as Star Furnishing Co Ltd (a subsidiary of the Spurs group of companies and TH Property Limited (an ENIC company.) AttachmentShowServlet (haringey.gov.uk)

And some of the properties owned by ENIC companies have had planning permission applied for by a Spurs owned company, naming it as developer (and presumably entitled to some share of the profit arising from the development of the land package.

But its 2 very simple questions to ask

1. What properties do Tottenham Hotspur Limited (and its subsidiaries) 'Spurs' own, and what do ENIC own ? - Best answered with a map showing Spurs properties in one colour and ENIC in another possibly
2 What profit from each property development (what %) will Tottenham Hotspur Limited and its subsidiaries share in - and are there any developments where 'Spurs' have been named as applicant in planning documents where it will not share in profits. Probably best done by lists of each development.

Where ENIC have invested separately from Spurs, they are, like any other 3rd party, entitled to make profits on developing property. But where they are using Spurs name, then Spurs are entitled to a share of the profit.
I’ll try to find the info I dug up a while back about ENIC buying land from THFC at an absolute steal

If I were the trust , my first question would be

“ why are we , in your own words , tenants ? “

It should be easy enough to answer

I’ll try to find the info I dug up a while back about ENIC buying land from THFC at an absolute steal

This is the s.106 agreement between Haringey Council and the owners of Tottenham Hotspur stadium which is identified as Meldene Limited (a wholly owned subsidiary of Tottenham Hotspur Limited 'Spurs' - as are the other companies named on the document)

Haringey will have needed to identify the owners of the stadium as Haringey lays some quite onerous obligations on owners so needs to make sure the obligations 'stick' - so we can be sure that the hotshot lawyers they employed have identified all the property owners.

No mention of any non Spurs company owning a part of the ground

ENIC bought property around Tottenham direct rom 3rd parties and Spurs sold ENIC some property in the run up to the stadium build. But none of this property is the part of the stadium itself

This is the s.106 agreement between Haringey Council and the owners of Tottenham Hotspur stadium which is identified as Meldene Limited (a wholly owned subsidiary of Tottenham Hotspur Limited 'Spurs' - as are the other companies named on the document)

Haringey will have needed to identify the owners of the stadium as Haringey lays some quite onerous obligations on owners so needs to make sure the obligations 'stick' - so we can be sure that the hotshot lawyers they employed have identified all the property owners.

No mention of any non Spurs company owning a part of the ground

ENIC bought property around Tottenham direct rom 3rd parties and Spurs sold ENIC some property in the run up to the stadium build. But none of this property is the part of the stadium itself
As I said it’s all confusing

Most clubs own their ground , bar City , I think the dippers are listed as Fenway . Newcastle’s is owned by Newcastle City council .

With us , there’s these companies who partly own this & that connected with ENIC. The word tenant will never sit comfortably with me as we owned White Hart Lane , it was in the clubs name.

As I said it’s all confusing

Most clubs own their ground , bar City , I think the dippers are listed as Fenway . Newcastle’s is owned by Newcastle City council .

With us , there’s these companies who partly own this & that connected with ENIC. The word tenant will never sit comfortably with me as we owned White Hart Lane , it was in the clubs name.

I've put forward the s.106 agreement drawn up and checked by professional lawyers as the best proof that I am aware of showing Spurs (via Tottenham Hotspurs Limited and its subsidiaries - 'Spurs' ) own the Stadium site - zero owned by any ENIC company.

Can you put up the evidence you say exists which refute that ?

I've put forward the s.106 agreement drawn up and checked by professional lawyers as the best proof that I am aware of showing Spurs (via Tottenham Hotspurs Limited and its subsidiaries - 'Spurs' ) own the Stadium site - zero owned by any ENIC company.

Can you put up the evidence you say exists which refute that ?
The statement saying “ Anchor tenants “

I’ll look for the other things I’ve mentioned probably tmw if I can . I’m cooking for 5 tonight

You know if or when ( please) they sell up we will continue to have a huge debt on the build & they’ll walk away with billions

Edit - sorry . I haven’t read the 106 agreement in detail as yet but I will

The statement saying “ Anchor tenants “

I’ll look for the other things I’ve mentioned probably tmw if I can . I’m cooking for 5 tonight

You know if or when ( please) they sell up we will continue to have a huge debt on the build & they’ll walk away with billions

Edit - sorry . I haven’t read the 106 agreement in detail as yet but I will

If you enjoy these things, you ought to read the MOU signed between Haringey and Spurs to redevelop North Tottenham attached to the link below. - most people are unaware of its existence

[URLunfurl="true"]https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/399561/response/976274/attach/3/THFC LBH MoU2 FINAL Signed 16 Jan.2013.pdf?cookie_passthrough=1[/URL]

Sadly Haringey decided it was more fun to do a deal with Lendlease

PS Spurs own the stadium so are not 'anchor tenants'

If you enjoy these things, you ought to read the MOU signed between Haringey and Spurs to redevelop North Tottenham attached to the link below. - most people are unaware of its existence

[URLunfurl="true"]https://www.whatdotheyknow.com/request/399561/response/976274/attach/3/THFC LBH MoU2 FINAL Signed 16 Jan.2013.pdf?cookie_passthrough=1[/URL]

Thank you

I’ll have a look

To ask the question on your last sentence

Why did Mr Mullally say those exact words ? This is big time business where one word be ripped apart legally . The term was used for a reason , not to mislead , not to “ Oh but he meant this” . It was a statement

If we owned it he would have said so in plain words , no?

Back to dinner…

Seems like similar language to residential property where joint owners are called joint tenants or tenants in common.

Thank you

I’ll have a look

To ask the question on your last sentence

Why did Mr Mullally say those exact words ? This is big time business where one word be ripped apart legally . The term was used for a reason , not to mislead , not to “ Oh but he meant this” . It was a statement

If we owned it he would have said so in plain words , no?

Back to dinner…

The s106 agreement says a Spurs company is the owner (not 'anchor tenants') of the ground.

No confusion

Spursidol Spursidol Furball man Furball man

If you do a map search on UK Land Reg, place the cursor on where the "stadium" is located you get three "properties" recorded.

1. White Hart Lane Stadium

2. Northumberland Development Project site

3. Telecommunications Space, Level 6 Tottenham Hotspur Stadium, High Rd, Tottenham

Both 1 & 2 sites have identical property boundaries which seem to encompass the whole stadium site. If you follow both these sites from the registered owner with Land Registry, through their ownership structure at Companies House, they both are ultimately owned by Tottenham Hotspur Limited.

Property 1. White Hart Lane Stadium

According to Land Registry, the owner of this site is:

Meldene Limited.

According to Companies House, effective owner of Meldene Ltd is:

Northumberland Development Ltd

Owned by:

Tottenham Hotspur Property Company Ltd

Owned by:

Tottenham Hotspur Limited

Property 2 - Northumberland Development Project site

According to Land Registry owned by:

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium Limited

According to Companies House they are owned by:

Tottenham Hotspur Stadium Development Limited

Owned by:

Tottenham Hotspur Limited

Bottom line, it would appear the club own the stadium. Of course Lewis/ENIC/Levy own Tottenham Hotspur Ltd.

BuT LeVy iS tHe HiGHeSt pAiD cHaIrMaN AnD eNiC aRe SteALiNg MoNeY fOr a NeW YaChT! NfL DrEssInG RoOmS CoSt £5o0 MiL!

:memelol:

Catering meeting with THFC

10/11/2021
Picture

We continue to work closely with the catering team at THFC to ensure that Spurs supporters’ feedback is both sought and shared. Rachel Martin, THST Board member with a remit for catering, met with the catering lead at THFC, Ray Watson, on 2 November to discuss the findings of our recent catering survey. Every comment made is read by both Rachel and Ray, and addressed wherever possible.

We’re very grateful to the hundreds of Trust members and match-goers who took the time to complete our first survey of the season and let us know of your experiences with the food and drink provision at the opening matches.

Challenging Times

This meeting was held after an extraordinary start to the season both for Spurs, and the country as a whole. We all know from visits to supermarkets and a rudimentary glance at the news that there have been huge problems with the transportation and distribution of food. This has caused problems for the Club too, and while they have mitigated most of them, it has been a huge challenge.

Similarly, it is well reported that there have been difficulties for all service industries regarding employing and retaining staff. The double whammy of COVID-19 and the impact of Brexit has created a lot of problems and it is not surprising that this has had a detrimental effect on the catering provision. Food prices are also escalating on a weekly basis because of these factors and, again, this is placing huge pressures on the operation.

Ray is adamant that these are challenges that will be overcome and the team will not rest until they are fully resolved, but that their impact cannot be underestimated.

Main Survey Findings

Successes and Innovations
Generally, people were at least satisfied with the provision, especially the drinks, the pies, sausage rolls and pizzas.

There was dissatisfaction with the price increases this season which felt high and meant that more people would now use high street outlets, particularly for food. Our survey results showed 25% of respondents said they were less likely to eat in the stadium: the main reasons cited were price increases, staff training, queueing and boycotting ENIC / Levy.

There was a very wide welcome for the new reusable beer cups, which are part of THFC’s drive to be environmentally responsible. Disposal of these, as well as rubbish, was generally considered to be easy.

The sale of craft beer has increased enormously, reflected in the fact that the Club now has nearly 70 tanks as opposed to the original 6! In fact, of beers sold on match days, craft beer and keg beer are almost neck and neck. Additional cellar space is planned to further increase storage capacity.

The replacement of the `Bottoms Up’ beer system with ‘Base Flow’ means that cups can be sourced from the UK and also result in less spillage.

Larger pizza ovens have been installed to meet increasing demand.

The outdoor south podium has been open with beer and food stalls. Like-for-like food and beverage items offered will be at the same price as inside the stadium. It is now possible for South Stand ticket holders to use this at half time and regain entry to the stadium for the second half.

Continuing Challenges

While there was general satisfaction with the quality and range of drinks, there have been times (one match particularly) when lager was widely reported as being served flat.

Because of Industry difficulties in recruiting and retaining staff, training is a constant issue. Staff are paid at and above the London Living Wage but many people who would typically work at the stadium are now doing roles at large warehouses and distribution / delivery companies. THFC continue to recruit and to work with other stadia to share staff but the specific systems at Spurs require consistency of staff, and specific training.

It’s taking time for the new staff to understand the systems when beer ‘runs out’. It doesn’t, in fact, ever run out, but it might take up to a minute for the system to refresh. This causes understandable irritation for supporters who having queued, need to know that the beer will soon be ready. They shouldn’t have to buy a relatively expensive can or queue again elsewhere.

Some menu items have had to be replaced due to general distribution issues.

Beer-only queues have been removed as they weren’t alleviating the queue problems. The situation is under review and it is hoped that having more mobile hawkers will help.

What we’ve asked for

We’ve asked for a return of the Pie and Pint Deal. This is a much-missed promotion which encouraged people to come to the ground early and enjoy a very affordable pie with their pint. Ray has promised to look into this and give it serious consideration. So watch this space.

Look out for ‘Getir’ mobile hawkers around the back of the concourses. From here you can purchase beer, crisps, chocolate, and… drum roll.… the great smoked salmon bagel! This is something we have been asking for ever since our move to Tottenham Hotspur Stadium.

We are disappointed that the stadium app no longer enables us to see what food is available at which outlets. In particular, it is really difficult for those with allergies and dietary intolerances to know where to find appropriate food. Similarly, it is not always easy to identify these at the point of sale. Ray has said that all food outlets should have food items for those who are vegetarian/vegan or have the main allergies. Every outlet also has a handbook with detailed recipes of the dishes, that supporters can see if they have concerns.

If individual supporters have a very specific issue, Ray is very happy to communicate with them and arrange for a particular item to be made available for them at their nearest catering area. You can email Ray directly at [email protected] or email us at [email protected] and we will forward.

We’ve also requested a return to Piglets Pantry sausage rolls which were so well received up to the end of last season. Again, Ray will explore whether this is possible.

It has been a challenging time for everyone and some of the national issues are likely to prevail for a while but it is clear that the catering team are really passionate about their work and are very open to feedback. So please keep it coming and let’s see what the next two months look like: on and off the pitch.

COYS

Rachel Martin
Catering lead
THST Board

I thought the days of huge naming rights deals had already fizzled out, and this might just be a freak one off, but the home of the Lakers has just secured a $700m deal with Crypto.com over 20 years.

Works out about £26m a year at the current exchange rate. I'd be very surprised if this has passed Levy by

I thought the days of huge naming rights deals had already fizzled out, and this might just be a freak one off, but the home of the Lakers has just secured a $700m deal with Crypto.com over 20 years.

Works out about £26m a year at the current exchange rate. I'd be very surprised if this has passed Levy by

I think its more a bet that crypo.com will or will not be around to pay up for the full 20 years that the deal has to run - and to that extent it could be just good PR by Crypto.com to say 'look we will be around for ever - we've just signed a 20 year deal'

Back
Top Bottom