Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who here is in love with Conte already ?

I do.

Proper game management including subs.
Pumping up the crowd.
Comprehending that to communicate with the fans it needs to be voiced via press conferences. Not even Poch took them very seriously.
But most of all I love that the players are feeling pain. I get the feeling Tony will be happy if players leak stories to the press about being unhappy with training.

I get the feeling Tony will be happy if players leak stories to the press about being unhappy with training.
Media: There are several inside reports suggesting Spurs players are very unhappy with the way Conte approaches training.

Conte:

Plotting The Simpsons GIF

Loving him so far. He says it like it is and none of our players are going to get anything over on him for sure. I've been saying to myself for awhile now that we need a guy in charge who isn't going to sugarcoat something, play favorites etc, and this dude definetely is in that camp.

If you're not good enough in training, not going to play in the games. If during the game he thinks you are being lazy or fucking off, you will know about it. Simple philosophy but all so effective.

Great signs so far.

Burnley, Brentford, Norwich, Brighton, and two conference league games in the next 3 weeks. Perfect opportunity to put points on the board and Conte to continue implementing his tactical vision.

I was right above the beautiful bastard. Seeing the small things is nice. For example, when Reggie didn't quite make the through pass in the second half, which I actually thought was under-hit, Conte desperately called for Sess to get ready. Small things as I said but nice to notice.
What’s the take from that ?

He thought Reggie didn’t make the pass through fatigue

Or

a punitive measure from an unforgiving character demanding better ?

Back
Top Bottom