Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

He was one of our best players today.

The annoying fact is he has to try and drag our whole offence up himself as our midfield is non-existent from an attacking perspective .

No doubt some helmets on here will call me a “cultist” but I doubt they’ve ever seen a live game
With the midfield we had out today that was always going to happen

Let’s hope Conte has got Winks out of his system and we never see him in our shirt again

He was one of our best players today.

The annoying fact is he has to try and drag our whole offence up himself as our midfield is non-existent from an attacking perspective .

No doubt some helmets on here will call me a “cultist” but I doubt they’ve ever seen a live game
Oh here we go

Maybe Kane should start doing his job, like putting the simple one on ones away?

Dragging our attack forward? How come with Kane only the “good bits” are remembered? And then the mandatory embellishment follows.

Did he throw himself about and win possession off of their defenders?
Was he a monster in the air and dominating the final third?
Was he the first man to head most of our corners?
Was he opening Leeds repeatedly and creating chances?
Was he having a few good efforts?

None of the above, but he had a game that people want to take heart from.
Kane basically put in a Janssen performance minus the tackling and hold up play

His one on one was atrocious and typifies him now. Let’s ignore it because he did a cross.
The end of the game he was like an amature footballer, physically, skillfully and in the decisions he was making.

Too knackered to run a few meters with the all but thinking he can pull off a 35 yarder - straight into the shins of the first defender.

Flopping to the floor to fake a foul and letting Leeds counter…..he was terrible

Some of you need to ask yourselves what you want from a striker, cos for me, this isn’t it, and any other player playing like that gets pelters from those praising him.

Moura was twice the player Kane was today

Last edited:
Oh here we go

Maybe Kane should start doing his job, like putting the simple one on ones away?

Dragging our attack forward? How come with Kane only the “good bits” are remembered? And then the mandatory embellishment follows.

Did he throw himself about and win possession off of their defenders?
Was he a monster in the air and dominating the final third?
Was he the first man to head most of our corners?
Was he opening Leeds repeatedly and creating chances?
Was he having a few good efforts?

None of the above, but he had a game that people want to take heart from.
Kane basically put in a Janssen performance minus the tackling and hold up play

His one on one was atrocious and typifies him now. Let’s ignore it because he did a cross.
The end of the game he was like an amature footballer, physically, skillfully and in the decisions he was making.

Too knackered to run a few meters with the all but thinking he can pull off a 35 yarder - straight into the shins of the first defender.

Flopping to the floor to fake a foul and letting Leeds counter…..he was terrible

Some of you need to ask yourselves what you want from a striker, cos for me, this isn’t it, and any other player playing like that gets pelters from those praising him.

Moura was twice the player Kane was today
Blah blah blah blah

boils my piss that the difference between this as the season so far is him trying. The amount he gets paid, i'm sorry, it's embarrassing and childish.

I appreciate frustrations can set in, not believing is previous hierarchy, etc. but there's no excuse to not try. The amount we pay, and the effort we put into going to matches.

A long way back for him

I was just about to make a sarcastic remark about why the heck are people going on and on about Kane in the match thread, when I realised that this IS the Kane thread!
smiles blushing GIF
it used to be

now its the "Kane is rubbish and I told you so, so there" thread

I put ndombadboy and sammyspurs on ignore you guys should try it now i can actually debate on football .
I've put everyone who replies to them constantly on ignore as well, it's the only way. The lack of self-awareness of people who engage with them is astounding. At some point TylerB had an entire page of replies to ignored content.

...Kane is an enigma - has a high football IQ, gets into great positions, and makes some silky sublime passes, but clearly lacks the burst and athleticism to beat PL defenders given he gets so much defensive attention in the league...did City turn his head or is he just breaking down physically?
COYS

...Kane is an enigma - has a high football IQ, gets into great positions, and makes some silky sublime passes, but clearly lacks the burst and athleticism to beat PL defenders given he gets so much defensive attention in the league...did City turn his head or is he just breaking down physically?
COYS
He's lost another yard since last season. You don't just suddenly start gaining pace/mobility/athleticism in your late 20s. If anything, the physical decline accelerates.

boils my piss that the difference between this as the season so far is him trying. The amount he gets paid, i'm sorry, it's embarrassing and childish.

I appreciate frustrations can set in, not believing is previous hierarchy, etc. but there's no excuse to not try. The amount we pay, and the effort we put into going to matches.

A long way back for him
I don't think that is the only difference. He has had far fewer chances/shots and his xG is way down as a result.

Guys if we are all honest he is part of our recent history we all want back, personally i don't hate him, yes he is a bit of a wab but I simply cant see him back to his peak with us ever. Get a good offer and sell, let Conte build a new team he can work with, every game is gonna be.... "he looks half the player" and that's not good for anyone.

Guys if we are all honest he is part of our recent history we all want back, personally i don't hate him, yes he is a bit of a wab but I simply cant see him back to his peak with us ever. Get a good offer and sell, let Conte build a new team he can work with, every game is gonna be.... "he looks half the player" and that's not good for anyone.
I think if we sold Kane, Conte would be out the door the same day...after having a massive fight with Levy which ends up with him pissing in Levy's desk.

Back
Top Bottom