Foden

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I’m going to call it now.

Foden will be regarded as the best football player on the planet within 4 years.

He has everything. Even Pep doesn’t know his best position.

Guy is like Paul Gascoigne, Paul Scholes and Iniesta rolled into one with the finishing of Rooney.

He is a great player for sure but there is the matter of Haaland and Pedri who are also very very special players. Not to mention the younger Bellingham who has everything.

It’s not always easy to predict exactly who will be top, I remember a list from a major newspaper that had top 3 players of the future in order below.

Rooney
Ronaldo
Messi

Rooney was about 17/18 at the time and ahead of both Ronaldo and Messi in terms of development. Obviously the list would most likely be switched the other way around in terms of final outcome.

He is a great player for sure but there is the matter of Haaland and Pedri who are also very very special players. Not to mention the younger Bellingham who has everything.

It’s not always easy to predict exactly who will be top, I remember a list from a major newspaper that had top 3 players of the future in order below.

Rooney
Ronaldo
Messi

Rooney was about 17/18 at the time and ahead of both Ronaldo and Messi in terms of development. Obviously the list would most likely be switched the other way around in terms of final outcome.
Pedri isn't all that.

Think it's a bit of a call to say he'll be the best player. But there's no reason at all he can't be considered one of the best, and certainly in his position. At the moment his one and only drawback is that he can fade in games a little bit.

I also think Jude Bellingham will reach those heights. I've said before more than once, the future of England's football team should be quite something with the players coming through. No reason why we shouldn't be making semi-finals and finals consistently. We also have to respect that other Nations also have some great talent too, but it's nice to just be on a par for once.

Last edited:

Rooney
Ronaldo
Messi

Rooney's a funny one. He had insane talent, and for a couple of seasons he was right up there with the best in the world, at least at club level. He peaked early and then changed his game completely. He was still quality but I don't think he ever blossomed quite into the player his potential threatened he would, that's despite being the current top scorer for United and England.

I think he was genuinely a world-class player for a brief part of his career, and overall a very fine player. But with a better temperament he could have been arguably the greatest ever English player.

Back
Top Bottom