A few thoughts about Norwich City

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I don't really get what's going on with this club. They consistently fail to compete in the Premier League when they have a team that comfortably wins the Championship.

I think they've persisted with Daniel Farke for long enough and Steve Bruce seems like a good fit for them. Former player who was part of their 84/85 league cup winning team and has plenty of experience at the lower end of the Premier League table. It also looks like he's going to be available in the not too distant future.

I'm a 90s nostalgic and I miss all those teams from the early days of the Premier League that we haven't seen for years. I want Norwich back for good and beating Bayern Munich again, I want their Tractor Boy mates from down the road, I want Nottingham Forest, Sheffield Wednesday, Sheffield United, Oldham Athletic, Coventry City, AFC Wimbledon (in lieu of the Crazy Gang) and Queens Park Rangers. I want them all back.

Anyone else here have any thoughts about the Canaries?

Last edited:
Good in mines...

Beginning in 1911, miners in Great Britain carried a canary in a cage with them down into the mines. Why? Carbon monoxide can build to deadly levels, and it has no smell. If the canary weakened or stopped singing, miners knew to get out of the mine — and quickly. Why use a bird instead of, say, a mouse? It all had to do with the birds’ breathing anatomy: canaries get a dose of air when they inhale and when they exhale, thus a double dose of toxic gases. Thankfully, in 1986, more humane electronic warning devices replaced them.

Would of thought it earlier than that!!!

I like Norwich , one of my good mates is a Norwich fan . I guess they’ve replaced the yo-yo clubs of old , City , Chavs etc .

Impressive feat to constantly get out of the Championship though , tough league.

I like Norwich , one of my good mates is a Norwich fan . I guess they’ve replaced the yo-yo clubs of old , City , Chavs etc .

Impressive feat to constantly get out of the Championship though , tough league.

You might wanna add Newcastle to your list now.

I don't really get what's going on with this club. They consistently fail to compete in the Premier League when they have a team that comfortably wins the Championship.

I think they've persisted with Daniel Farke for long enough and Steve Bruce seems like a good fit for them. Former player who was part of their 84/85 league cup winning team and has plenty of experience at the lower end of the Premier League table. It also looks like he's going to be available in the not too distant future.

I'm a 90s nostalgic and I miss all those teams from the early days of the Premier League that we haven't seen for years. I want Norwich back for good and beating Bayern Munich again, I want their Tractor Boy mates from down the road, I want Nottingham Forest, Sheffield Wednesday, Sheffield United, Oldham Athletic, Coventry City, AFC Wimbledon (in lieu of the Crazy Gang) and Queens Park Rangers. I want them all back.

Anyone else here have any thoughts about the Canaries?
If we bring all those teams back... Who are you removing from the league? Burnley obviously are one.

I posted on a Norwich forum to get their take on things. Some of the fans feel the club lacks ambition, others are content with them being a yo-yo club and don't want to risk the club's long term financial stability which is consistent with the position of the club's owners. Either way, they weren't keen on my Steve Bruce recommendation.

I think the problem is more about attitude than money. Norwich have already got a pretty good team and neither Brentford or Watford have broken the bank on players but Brentford have already banked wins against Woolwich, West Ham and Wolves while Watford beat Norwich 3-1 on their own ground. It's like Norwich have got themselves into a comfortable routine and they don't want to do anything out of their comfort zone. I think they'll stick with Farke until they're threatened with relegation to League One.

Some of the fans feel the club lacks ambition, others are content with them being a yo-yo club and don't want to risk the club's long term financial stability which is consistent with the position of the club's owners.
I think yo-yoing is a very smart move to build up the clubs status and stability. Parachute payments along with their other structural advantages will see them stronger in the long run. One of these times they will stay up and reap the benefits.

Think of a club like Palace. If they would have gone down it would have been ruinous because they are not truly a PL-level club based on infrastructure and financing. They benefit from being in London instead of East Anglia and having a steady influx of Chelsea loanees. This season their situation ha somewhat changed I believe as all the old guys have moved on and they've been replaced by young and promising talent. But they still need to stay up even though they've received some new backing.

IMO Steve Bruce is a terrible idea. I imagine they have no desire to watch that football. They may take pasting after pasting but at least they will play football on their way down. Bruce would send them down too and it would be horrible to watch.

Their fans must honestly dread it when they do get promoted. In the championship they play good football, win most weeks, and top the division. Whenever they go up they endure misery weekly and they don't even get to see better players put on their shirt, because the club has no interest in making an effort to stay a PL team.

Buendia was by far their best player last season with 15 goals 16 assists in the league alone. And they sold him for what was honestly a nothing fee for a PL club's key player in that age bracket. They're a dead cert to go down every single time they make it in to the division.

Sorry. He's ours again.

Oliver-Skipp-Delia-Smith-Norwich.jpg

Back
Top Bottom